[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

Fantastic Grave!!!

Just woke up 4 am and decided to se if it would help on the crash I mentioned before instead of sleeping...

\Skodkim

Hello...I installed your mod and get ctd just after clicking load a mod ;s. I play BTS 3.19 with english lang on. I also included log files.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    1.9 KB · Views: 188
Hi again

Just tried copying all files to my WinXP x32 computer and the gamne runs without any problems.

In the turn where the game consistently crashed on the Win7 x64 machine I made contact with Qin Shi Huang of China - don't know if this is useful information?

\Skodkim

Fantastic Grave!!!

Just woke up 4 am and decided to se if it would help on the crash I mentioned before instead of sleeping...

\Skodkim

I hope it works for you, too. I don't have Windows 7 or an x64 machine (my computer is still a Win XP x32) so I coudn't test on one.

However, I did play two games with v4.00... both games went over 1,000 turns and nothing bad happened (except for the Python errors with the optional BULL enabled DLL file).

So I hope it works for you! If not, I guess you have your x32 machine as a last resort! :crazyeye:

Hello...I installed your mod and get ctd just after clicking load a mod ;s. I play BTS 3.19 with english lang on. I also included log files.

I looked at your log files... everything looks OK? :dunno:

I am having the same problem as Kawira, CTD while loading HiTM but I also get the same problem with some other mods and it is not consistant, well it is with HiTM and Test-of-Time but not with RoM. I have decided to unload Civ clean my hard drive and reinstall the lot! It has taken 2hrs to do the back up so I will report back if it works. I am using XP as my operating system.

BTW I am getting a python error the log says:-
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
  File "CvEventInterface", line 17, in ?
  File "BugEventManager", line 96, in ?
  File "CvEventManager", line 12, in ?
  File "CvScreensInterface", line 3, in ?
  File "CvMainInterface", line 6, in ?
  File "CvScreenEnums", line 65, in ?
AttributeError
: 
type object 'CvPythonExtensions.CivilopediaPageTypes' has no attribute 'CIVILOPEDIA_PAGE_CONCEPT_DCM'

Failed to load python module CvEventInterface.
ERR: Call function onEvent failed. Can't find module CvEventInterface

K nvm xD...i had 3.13 patch not 3.19 xDDDDD. Then i had problem again but just turned on loading XML from my folder or sumthing like that and it's working. Pretty neat music in menus and overall good job :p

Well Grave

It seems at last I can run my own modded HiTM version without probs. I did a complete cleanup of the mod while updating to HiTM version 4 and at least it runs without CTD's with 100+ rounds of autoplay.

\Skodkim

K nvm xD...i had 3.13 patch not 3.19 xDDDDD. Then i had problem again but just turned on loading XML from my folder or sumthing like that and it's working. Pretty neat music in menus and overall good job :p

Doh! :lol:

Glad you were able to figure it out, Kawira! Play a few games and let me know what you think! :D

Well Grave

It seems at last I can run my own modded HiTM version without probs. I did a complete cleanup of the mod while updating to HiTM version 4 and at least it runs without CTD's with 100+ rounds of autoplay.

\Skodkim

Curious.... but what did you do? You didn't install v4.00 over an older version of HiTM, did you? :confused:

Got v4.0 yesterday and loaded up a game as Carthage... With the option of an Auto plant in 3700 BC.

Attachments

• carthage auto.JPG
    carthage auto.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 238
Got v4.0 yesterday and loaded up a game as Carthage... With the option of an Auto plant in 3700 BC.

The icon is shaded out, so it won't allow you to build the factory. You still need the GM Corporation to unlock it.

To Grave

No - did a complete reinstall of version 4. I then updated my own mod (placed "next" to the HiTM installation folder) with the updated files and:
-Removed the "Capture Slaves" Mod
-Corrected an error I had introduced in CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml
-Removed some art files that I did not use anyway
-Removed the EDU/EDC mod

And voila - now it seems to run :)

Happy new year by the way...

\Skodkim

The icon is shaded out, so it won't allow you to build the factory. You still need the GM Corporation to unlock it.

Yeah, I know. I just thought it funny. :p Probably one of those one in 10,000 little things. Excellent job (as always). HitM is the only mod that really draws me inevery time . +1 internets!!:goodjob:

"no interface" with 4.0

how to fix?

More details, please (what turn did this happen, language version your running civ in, etc).

I knew it wouldn't be long until I made a quick fix. :p

Attached to this post is a quick fix for the General Motors Corporation. This quick fix is NOT required, but it IS recommended!

This quick fix does the following to General Motors Corporation:
- Increases cost to 1500
- PreReqTech is now Corporation AND Assembly Line
- No longer gets built in the center of the city
- DCM Bomb mission can no longer destroy (like every other wonder)
- Fixes typo in General Motors Corporation's Movie Define tag​

This quick fix does the following to the Automobile Factory:
- PreReqTech is now Assembly Line (to keep from showing up in beginning of game, but is still unaccessable without GM Corp wonder)
- Fixes typo in Automobile Factory's strategy text​

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Simply unzip this zip file to your Desktop, then move to your Beyond the Sword/Mods directory (the same place you installed History in the Making). When asked to overwrite, select "yes".

Attachments

• HiTM v4.00 General Motors Quick Fix.zip
    214.5 KB · Views: 1,465
FIRST OPTIONAL MODULE FOR HISTORY IN THE MAKING v4.00 HAS BEEN RELEASED!

History in the Making Module: Ford & Chrysler (376.7 KB)

Spoiler :

This module replaces the General Motors Corporation wonder with either The Ford Motor Company or Chrysler Group LLC. The effects of the wonder remain unchanged. This is purely an aesthetic module!

Also included in this download is the General Motors Quick Fix.

REQUIRED SOFTWARE:

History in the Making v4.00

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Simply unzip this zip file to your Desktop, then move to your Beyond the Sword/Mods directory (the same place you installed History in the Making). When asked to overwrite, select "yes".

Next, go to your HISTORY IN THE MAKING/Module Library and choose EITHER Ford Corporation OR Chrysler Corporation (DO NOT install both!). Move the module of your choice to the HISTORY IN THE MAKING/Assets/Modules directory.

Start up History in the Making and you will now see the General Motors Corporation has been replaced with either Ford or Chrysler!

UNINSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Simply move the module back to the HISTORY IN THE MAKING/Module Library for safe keeping!

Get it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13952

Top Bottom