Beyond The Sword is Coming!

cmason

Chieftain
Moderator Action: This thread contains posts split out of the When will "Beyond the Sword" come out for mac? thread

After I had pretty much given up hope, it's now been announced!

http://www.aspyr.com/product/info/108

I'd love to buy this immediately on release, but I'm a bit worried they will release a CIV IV: Complete shortly after the expansion. I never did buy Civ III Complete (just the original Civ III.) Did it have extra stuff beyond what you'd get with the original and expansions?

Anyway, awesome news!

After I had pretty much given up hope, it's now been announced!

http://www.aspyr.com/product/info/108

I'd love to buy this immediately on release, but I'm a bit worried they will release a CIV IV: Complete shortly after the expansion. I never did buy Civ III Complete (just the original Civ III.) Did it have extra stuff beyond what you'd get with the original and expansions?

Anyway, awesome news!

"Requested product does not exist."

WHY MUST YOU TEASE ME SO!!!!!

"Requested product does not exist."

WHY MUST YOU TEASE ME SO!!!!!

It is coming. Aspyr just removed that page because they weren't synced internally with their release date (development) and media (announcement). Brad Oliver addressed it in a post at IMG, and I copied the relevant portion into a thread here in this forum.

Amazon is notorious for pulling release dates out of their... imagination, shall we say. That date has precisely zero credibility.

Amazon is notorious for pulling release dates out of their... imagination, shall we say. That date has precisely zero credibility.

I have to agree with Beamup.

Hey, Beamup, did you ever complete your PhD? Or, was it a Master's program. I recall you working on a paper. ;-)

I'm a little worried that the graphic with that link is Guitar Hero... Wouldn't be surprised if that date is wildly wrong, but still that's a great sign that Amazon has it on its radar.

THAT is embarrassing. I am embarrassed for them. :blush:

THAT is embarrassing. I am embarrassed for them. :blush:

Although to be fair, that might actually increase its sales through people mistakenly buying guitar hero.:D

Hey, Beamup, did you ever complete your PhD? Or, was it a Master's program. I recall you working on a paper. ;-)
Yep, these days it's Dr. Beamup. Left physics, though, and now I'm working for a software company.

Yep, these days it's Dr. Beamup. Left physics, though, and now I'm working for a software company.

Excellent. So, as a doctor, are you treating viruses for the software company. ;) Sorry, that was bad.

Excellent. So, as a doctor, are you treating viruses for the software company. ;) Sorry, that was bad.
It's actually interesting how much relevance physics has to what I'm doing now. The key is that a physics PhD (or other similarly technical field) is, at root, a degree in logical problem solving.

Attachments

• beyond_the_axe.jpg
    beyond_the_axe.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 215
Well done, sir! :clap::band:

Well, I preordered BtS from Amazon, then I checked with Aspyr. I wouldn't hold my breath until June 8th, because they say it's going to take a little longer... or a lot longer. HOWEVER, I finally got someone at Aspyr to admit it's really, really coming. Now, all I have to do is survive until it gets here. :old:

Is it possible that a release date will be announced at E3 next week?

Top Bottom