• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Bieckert, the widly know hacker in Civ4 gamespy

IPalacIin

Chieftain
Do you like to play civilization4 online, I do. But as we online players have found out, there is a hacker (bieckert) who uses a program to auto join games then spam pausing them, and when one one leave he wote quit automatic. Then when everone is gone he goes to the next game, and the next and the next......... Since he can join in the middle of a game, he can ruin games that have been going on for hours. He actually is a BIG problem, he has his program on every day, and most ppl who play a little online know him. Well, is there anything to do, I dont want to play civ4 online if its 50% for him comming in. If he have ruined a game of yours, pls confirm what im saing is true.

I join IPalacIin in his/her/its complaint against bieckert, it already makes 6 parts that he/it destroys me what makes same quite a lot of hours played for nothing when!!! If nothing is made I should resolve has play more has civ what would be me especially very unpleasant for a game to pay dear so!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The worst thing is that others might follow in his tracks. We seriusly need a new patch for civ4 that can stop him. He does it 24/7 :( something better be done here!!!!!!

It's actually been quite common for awhile. You should be able to password protect your games (and make the password hard enough so someone can't guess it easily).

I still think it would be hard passwording games where you actually want someone to join in after the game starts if someone leave. Its hard getting players in a room with password to, they simple chouse the rooms without password. And some will leave (they always do). It should be able to for reject incomming ppl from joining (if he wants, i added that) thats the way to fix it. Passwording all games is a clumsy way to solve this great problem.....

I have also witnessed bieckert destroy at least 4 games, he does this by pausing it repeatedly and doesn't vote at vote screen, he joins games in progress just to ruin them, I don't know if he is a hacker I thought just someone with too much free time to use maliciously

he was playing us in a team game but was losing (he joined quitters civ), he is a bad player so he made some ridiculous demand that we gift him cities which was rejected, then he carried out his threat to destroy the game by pausing for the next 20 minutes

Top Bottom