Biggest Military you've ever built?

I run a Police State, Serfdom, State Property, and Theocracy Civilization. .

The world considers you a villain.:lol:

anyway in my first ever domination victory (cyrus, pangea, arid, tiny, Noble) i had 177 Immortals at the peak.

Thats crazy, you only use immortals for s short period of time, and still I almost gagged when I saw that number. Anyway, I had 80 something calvary one time

I did it cuz i had nothing else, as you can see on my Domination thread. I was THAT backward.

In my story, which you will find in my sig, I had built up an army of about 620 units at one point! I forget the exact spesifications of how many Tanks, SAM infantry, etc..., but I think that is quite a lot!

How huge... my tactic in building huge armies is that I first build a few, then I improve culture, so that I can make faster, then my armies!!! You don't need that much when you consider the fact that you have the highest score in that turn...

So, I know this a bit of a bump, but my Demographics screen says I have a 42 million man army. Is that excessive?

I have at least 500 Mech. Inf. and I think around 170 MAs.

How big is your overall population!!!!!???
140-something million, I think. I just took two fairly large cities from Asoka, so it's probably a bit more than that now.

I normally build something like seventy units (renaissance- modern eras) of different types, and still manage to conquer all world, you really dont need that much troops... Although it looks like you prefer HUGE maps and i normally play standard, prince difficulty.

Doesn't the repetitive micromanagement get boring? I think this is why I'm playing Neverwinter Nights now instead of civ.
Not really. Everyone has their own preferences, I guess.

I normally build something like seventy units (renaissance- modern eras) of different types, and still manage to conquer all world, you really dont need that much troops... Although it looks like you prefer HUGE maps and i normally play standard, prince difficulty.
Indeed.

I once had an army of 641 Modern Armors and 167 Stealth Bombers playing as Willem van Oranje. I controlled the whole of Europe and Asia, nearly 50 cities, and each of them with Dikes.

8 SAM-Infantery
190 Mech Infantery
4 Marines
243 Modern Armour
27 Helicopters
and of course plenty of other stuff

but I'm trying to do better in my next game

Top Bottom