Blackbetsy HOF Attempts

@Spoonwood, yeah I put that profile statement up for you. :cool: But honestly I never really thought about it when I created the name at the time other than using it for anonymity, as I used it elsewhere on the Interwebs. And I really don't care what people call me as long as its QUARTERMASTER.

Well, I am going through a HELL of a slog for Conquest on Demigod level Huge with the Iroquois. I wound up killing the English early in the Medieval Era and then the Americans, Scandinavians, and Spanish later in the Medieval / early Industrial Era. The Portuguese were on an island and my first invasion force of 28 Cavalry and 20 cannons was wiped out by very aggressive counterattacks by what I thought was a weak Portuguese military. I had to regroup and sent 40 Cavalry, 24 artillery, and 8 infantry on a second attack, which succeeded just as much because the Dutch piled on an wiped out the northern part of the Portuguese island.

Now I'm down to the Byzantines, Germany, and the Netherlands. Germany had a pretty decent size tech lead since it stayed a Democracy while the Byzantines (old tech leaders) and Dutch went Fascist as a part of the Portuguese War. I can't screenshot now, but I was set up to take on the Germans next because they bordered the Dutch and Byzantines, but not me. I let my MPP and RoP agreements with the Germans lapse and was waiting for my troops to re-assemble when the Byz (who I had a MPP with) irrationally attacked the Dutch (who I had an MPP with), triggering a war with the Byz.

This was a really bad choice by Theodora. She didn't have oil or rubber, and therefore she couldn't build any more infantry than those she built while she traded with someone else for rubber. No tanks, no planes (she didn't have mass production). She snagged a few border cities from me, which I retook, except for one the Dutch got to first. With my tank forces already in her territory ready to spring on the Germans, I didn't need to do much positioning to start taking her cities. Pumping out 4-6 tanks per turn from my core meant that I pretty rolled through her core (in an earlier war with the Byz triggered by the Dutch, I stabbed into her territory and took Constantinople). The Dutch took her entire Eastern province in a few turns, and now my Iroquouis tanks and artillery are racing to take what's left of the Byzantine territory. I'll probably win about 50% of the remaining cities.

Amazingly, even though they aren't a part of this war, the Germans flipped to Fascism. They have Space Flight and Computers on me, but I'll be able to get both once I finish Ecology. The Dutch have a pretty sizeable tank force themselves, and it will come into play nicely when I get Bismarck to declare war on me. The Germans have a big army, but they have to go through Dutch territory to get to my core, and everything in between is railroaded. Best case scenario the German and Dutch armies decimate each other while I burn down German city after German city with a vanguard force of tanks, tank armies, bombers and artillery.

The last piece of the puzzle will be to RoP abuse the Netherlands. I should be able to wipe out the Dutch core in a few turns, but cleanup for conquest is going to take forever - the Dutch and Iroquois have been allies in many wars of conquest and we have a long, long border (probably 8 of my cities have flipped to the Dutch) and the Dutch have over 100 cities (I have 250), which will take a LOT of time to roll through. The good news is that with only the Dutch left, I only have to take a city once, since I don't have to worry about any other civ getting furious over my city razes.

We are about 1500 AD?

Top Bottom