Blight and Paladins

The real question is what makes Disciple different from Melee.

In the original, there was no question about what unitcombat a swordsman, jet fighter, grenadier or curiasser was. Apart from the machine gunner...

But the difference between Melee and Disciple, or Archer and Arcane is harder to nail down.

Presumably Arcane units fight with spells and similar, not big ones like they cast once each turn, but lesser ones.

By the same token, Disciple units somehow use godlike powers to fight.

Kael made Paladins Disciple units because they use divine power when fighting.

Ok i think i know the reason know
It's because Bane divine spell i think, it's the first time i have seen this spell in action.

The thing is, how can i change it not to kill all my disiple units ? it's seems a bit harsh i think - all my 14 level paladins and my sphener...

It's *meant* to be a game-swinger, a method to allow civs being beaten on by a specific unit type to rebound. If you don't want your disciples to disappear, either build Blood of the Phoenix before it's finished (though this won't save sphener), or go raze the city building the Bane.

As a side note, after a little internal discussion, Vehem made units with the Immune to Disease promotion also immune to the damage from Blight. That includes Paladins, Paramanders, Crusaders, Arthendain, and probably a few others. These units will now take no damage at AC 30. This change should be in 0.51

That's good news Warkirby !

But about Bane of the divine, where can i find it's entry ? can i change the damage or remove the spell from the python ?

Bane divine doesn't kill disciples. It turns them into prophets apparently. Or so says the pedia, haven't actually used it..

But in any case, I'm certain that's not your issue here. It requires AC 70 to even begin to build, and the problem is that apparently your paladins are dying at AC30

I tend to go and disable bane divine and glory everlasting. Way too insanely powerful. The entire infernal army went poof? Send in mobility II, commando cavalry and they are dead. And if Hyborem already died, they lost their traits for certain... And losing high xp paladins, religious heroes...

And if they build it 40 tiles away from me, with several buffer AIs in the way, how am I supposed to stop them?

well warkirby, it does kill them, an it's not the AC...
I entered Map edit during game and razed the city before it produced the spell, now everything is ok, and my AC stayed on 29.

I really think that this spell is WAY too powerfull and should be tweaked...maybe in the next patch ?

It kills them all on the spot...
Paladins, sphener, all of them...good thing i have my super administrator skills !

If they're building it at AC 29, I'm pretty sure that's a bug. It's only supposed to be possible after AC30.

I don't think these things are particularly overpowered, as they take a very long time to build, and have quite high requirements in AC. It'd be nice if there was some warning when one is being constructed, though.

Yeah it's bug, the AC never reached beyond the 30 all game and they managed to built it..
Im just glad we managed to pinpoint the problem, and i guess you guys can solve it without a problem

Bane divine doesn't kill disciples. It turns them into prophets apparently. Or so says the pedia, haven't actually used it..

But in any case, I'm certain that's not your issue here. It requires AC 70 to even begin to build, and the problem is that apparently your paladins are dying at AC30

It does kill now - think Kael swapped it when he removed Prophets. I also can't see where the AC is limited either, so guessing that was removed too.

The main limiting factor to constructing in is (a) Malevolent Designs as a prereq and (b) Cost of 10000 :hammers:

It is quicker to build however with Death/Entropy mana...

EDIT:

I don't know if it is intentionally removed of accidentally removed, but absolutely no projects in the XML has a <iPrereqGlobalCounter> listed.

Just checked through the SVN log - there's no sign of that tag all the way back to the initial commit to SVN... By the looks of it though the file had already been trimmed by that point, so there must have been editing before that...

Top Bottom