BNW Civs AI Traits?

Kogorn733

Chieftain
Was just wondering whether people have gotten a feel for the AI traits of the new civs yet. So far, Portugal (Maria) is the only one of the new civs who has appeared in any of my games. She definitely focused on her navy and was pretty loyal as far as I could tell. I was on a separate continent...so I could never figure out how eager she was to wage wars.

Shaka, as everyone has become aware, is usually an early warmongerer (although he has yet to appear in any of my games).

Anyone have any comments about the AI traits specific to the other new civs? Things are probably going to be getting an overhaul in the Fall patch, but I'm curious to see what people have noticed thus far.

Well, The Shoshone are very great to have as friends. I have also found Morroco to be another that will have your back. Monty is not a very good neighbor if you are playing as Venice.

Venice seems to be religous crazy and they love to spread it out.

Well, The Shoshone are very great to have as friends. I have also found Morroco to be another that will have your back. Monty is not a very good neighbor if you are playing as Venice.

Venice seems to be religous crazy and they love to spread it out.

I imagined Morocco would be a great ally to have. Most of the defensive civs are great allies (and given Morocco's UB and UU, it has a huge defensive focus unless there are some other civs in the desert with you).

I'm sure there's the actual list of their values somewhere, but from my experience:

Assyria: Almost always rushes his neighbor and fails, becoming a weak civ in the mid-lategame. Seems to focus on science.

Poland: Tends to open religious, high change of him becoming one of the stronger civs in the game. Goes patronage pretty often too, which leads to him bossing the world congress around.

Brazil: Culture and DOFs for everyone!

Indonesia: Expands right into other peoples lands and builds huge armies. Can be a pain to deal with.

Portugal: Shes always a middle-of-the-road civ, playstyles can vary. Never seems to be a warmonger though.

Morocco: Very nice guy towards me, but surprisingly enough goes to war against other AIs quite often.

Shoshone: Sort of like Hiawatha, but more mellow. Peaceful but tends to expand a lot too.

Venice: Always goes piety, often gets taken out early by an aggressive neighbor like Attila or Harald. If he stays alive he spams wonders.

Zulus: Do I even have to say anything? Already getting quite sick of his bullcrap, I'm starting to wish I could disable him and Attila from my games.

Was just wondering whether people have gotten a feel for the AI traits of the new civs yet. So far, Portugal (Maria) is the only one of the new civs who has appeared in any of my games. She definitely focused on her navy and was pretty loyal as far as I could tell. I was on a separate continent...so I could never figure out how eager she was to wage wars.

Shaka, as everyone has become aware, is usually an early warmongerer (although he has yet to appear in any of my games).

Anyone have any comments about the AI traits specific to the other new civs? Things are probably going to be getting an overhaul in the Fall patch, but I'm curious to see what people have noticed thus far.

Here is the complete list http://i.imgur.com/qELOwj6.png

Havn't gone through it to make sure the info is correct, but it looks ok at a brief glance. Although the preponderance of 5's against some of the new values makes me a little suspicious. This could be by design as the random +-2 has not been applied yet.

If you want to know how to interpret this table do a search on these forums for the G+K version of this table. It should explain it all.

BTW These values have been extracted from the game XML, which is then used by the game code.

FYI I believe Civ Fanatics or the 2K site has it listed somewhere too. I am pretty sure it was Bibor that did it, so check out their handle and linked posts (if they are still around, I have missing for a while so I am not sure).

Assyria: Almost always rushes his neighbor and fails, becoming a weak civ in the mid-lategame. Seems to focus on science.

That's funny - I'm playing a game right now in the Industrial Period where Assyria is the only civ beating me in victory points (out of 20 total civs). I'm not sure if he's going for a culture victory or a domination victory, but he's wiped out several neighbors, built like seven or eight wonders, and he's biting my heels in culture.

Top Bottom