[BNW] Help! My Mods Units won't load

daniel24civ5

Chieftain
Hi

Please Help!
My Civ 5 won't load ANY mod unit, it doesn't matter What I do.
From erasing cache files to reinstalling game, I've done absolutely everything, but still it doesn't work.:confused:

Other things in a mod such as buildings, civilizations, ... are loading and working but only units won't load.

Please Help.:sad::sad:
Thank you so much

By "loads any units" what do you mean? Are you referring to the units you start the game with? So if you load some random mod that isn't supposed to affect starting units, you start the game with no settler or warrior?

No
I mean, Suppose I've Designed and created a new unit (not a substitute but a completely new one) in a new mod, so when I start a game with that mod embedded in it, the unit should load and I should be able to see and build that unit but it's not happening.
I've even used Ingame Editor to see if the problem is with the Civ or Mods but there is no sign of the unit in game what so ever, Although the buildings (in the embedded Mod) surprisingly Are loading!!?? I can see them and of course I CAN build them...

No
I mean, Suppose I've Designed and created a new unit (not a substitute but a completely new one) in a new mod, so when I start a game with that mod embedded in it, the unit should load and I should be able to see and build that unit but it's not happening.
I've even used Ingame Editor to see if the problem is with the Civ or Mods but there is no sign of the unit in game what so ever, Although the buildings (in the embedded Mod) surprisingly Are loading!!?? I can see them and of course I CAN build them...

If this is a mod you're making yourself, and the new unit you're trying to add is not appearing, then most likely you've made some mistake in your code.

If you enable logging then you may find some useful error messages in Database.log that will tell you what the problem is. You could also post your code here for someone to take a look at and tell you where you're going wrong.

Moderator Action: If you do choose to post your mod code, please create a new thread in the Creation & Customization forum. The Technical Support forum is really intended for problems with the game itself, not debugging mods.

Well, you still haven't clearly described what is happening. "Units won't load" is, unfortunately, a meaningless statement in the context of the game.

What specific mods are you using, and what unit are you expecting to see in the game? What combinations of mods are you using? Have you tried this with just a single mod that does nothing but create a single new unit?

Well, you still haven't clearly described what is happening. "Units won't load" is, unfortunately, a meaningless statement in the context of the game.

What specific mods are you using, and what unit are you expecting to see in the game? What combinations of mods are you using? Have you tried this with just a single mod that does nothing but create a single new unit?

1st. By "Units won't load" I meant :
They're NOT showing in the tech tree
They're NOT in the available yo build menu
When I use ingame editor, There are no units except the default Civ5 units

2nd. as I've said before, ANY mod, Not with a specific one but with ANY mod.

3rd. Only the selected Mod and Ingame Editor Mod.

4th. Yes, I did and again nothing happens, again no NEW UNITS where added to game (I say again not just my own written mods but ANY mod) doesn't matter if it's just a single units or many.

Thanks for your time and your care.
Best regards.
Daniel

Since you haven't mentioned which specific mods you're having problems with I can only give you general advice here, but have you tried:

- Verifying your game files in Steam - just in case the problem's with your base game files rather than with the mod in question.

- Running only one mod (i.e. not the ingame editor, or any other mod, at the same time) - it is possible for mods to conflict with each other such that they will not work at the same time, even if each one works individually.

- Trying a different mod. I know you say you have this problem with any mod, but I doubt you've tried every single mod on the workshop. You may have just been unlucky and picked ten buggy and unreliable mods in a row.

- Checking that you have/don't have any DLC that the mod in question requires you to have/not have. (This should be mentioned in the mod's description) - If the mod requires Brave New World, for example, and you don't have Brave New World, then it will not work.

- Checking that the mod in question is, in fact, supposed to add new researchable/buildable units. (Again, this should be mentioned in the mod's description) - If you've misunderstood what the mod is supposed to do then it may actually be working perfectly.

- Talking to the person who created the mod in question, by posting on the Steam Workshop or Civfanatics thread you downloaded it from. - This is the person who will be best able to solve problems you're having with this specific mod, which may or may not be the same problem that is stopping a different specific mod from working for you.

Be as thorough and specific as you can in describing the problem, i.e. which parts of the mod's content do appear, which don't, screenshots showing the problem, any error messages that appear in log files, which expansion packs and DLC you have, whether you're on PC or Mac, and anything else you think may be relevant.

Thank you all for your support
The problem started when I tried to use a certain mod, before that everything was fine but after that...
Anyway, Recovered my windows and installed EVERYTHING from scratch, after formatting my partitions, now the problem is solved although I couldn't find what was the real problem...

Once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH
YOU'VE BEEN A GREAT HELP

Best Regards
Daniel

Top Bottom