[BTS] BOTM 131 First Spoiler - 1AD

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff

BOTM 131 - First Spoiler to 1 AD

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, up to 1AD! How are you finding the tiny map?

Stop! If you are participating in BOTM 131, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
  • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions

• Please do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
  • Please do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
  • Please do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD. (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

Haha I played to like 1000 AD on the day it came out. I was playing civ all day. So I won't spoiler anything for you guys.

I reached 1AD on the first day too but I can't remember much since this thread was not available and I'm too :old: to write things down. I believe I enjoyed this one. Soon it's time for another :viking: Botm...

Oh. With a few posts in here, I hoped for actual updates.

Just got to 1AD myself, and it's been fun. Thought about going to war early-ish to take advantage of the special maces, but haven't yet. Instead of HA-ing them or something, I sat back and teched instead. Pretty many commerce resources all around, so the tech pace has been fast. Not been able to do much good trading, but Isabella already considers me too advanced anyhow (must have a low limit).

Built GLH when I had 3 cities (iirc), which of course is of great help on a map like this. Oh, and I settled in place, which felt like the obvious choice. Due to GLH the first great person was almost a 50/50 chance (slightly higher GS chance). Got a GM. He could bulb CS, so he did that. Another GP will be out next turn, which with 2 scientists + GLH is a 75% GS chance. Hope for a GS so I can build an Academy, but it's ofc not a sure thing. Another GM would kind of blow, not much useful to bulb, so probably best to ship him across to Artemis in Holland.

Isabella has been plotting for ages already, and has a fair few swords and a bunch of galleys and triremes. Cautious with everybody, so hard to know who it might be. Hopefully not me, though I doubt she'd do much damage, outside of the undefended island city closest to her.

Isabella kind of did something humanlike with the Oracle actually. Went for religions like the nutter she is, and had founded 4, including Christianity. Oracled Divine Right and founded Islam too, for 5 holy cities. Even more beakers than the human desire of Oracling CS. DR isn't as useful of course, but still a nice move I thought.

Confucianism got founded somewhere entirely elsewhere, so there is clearly something fishy about this map. Knew that early on, because the power bar of AI axes and such were tiny, and the power bar of my own warriors and scout was barely visible. I'm guessing there must be at least MGs elsewhere, in a pre-settled barb city or something like that, in the glorious land called Lilliput (which I'm yet to find, need Optics, but it must be in the black void in the NE somewhere).

No Academy yet, but do have CS and Buro, so the research is still pretty good. 245 :science: at 1AD, with 9 cities (3 offshore). And I do hope for a GS next turn so I can turn research back on with Academy in hand. Have ~1500 :gold: (nothing from failgold as I'm yet to hook up marble). That should last for ~15 turns. Think I'll go for Edu then. Willem is pretty advanced despite only 4 cities, and with his favourite civic through Lib, he can definitely be a risk. Since that other land could found Confu, I suppose it might be a threat for Lib too, depending on what kind of creature is over there. Minor Civ perhaps? :think:

Not sure what win to go for yet, and it's a little frustrating with the lack of options. Don't like AP, so can't be bothered with that (although I did found Taoism earlier). Conquest will be way too late compared to the war-mongers going for that from the start. So that only leaves Space and proper Diplo. With the first I need warfare, with the latter not really. Perhaps leaning towards space, but not sure I can be bothered with such a longterm game. Will see. Hopefully I can finish the game at least, with over 3 weeks left.

1 AD. SIP. 7 cities, 4 on mainland, 3 islands. 215bpt @-69gpt. 1301g in reserve (TM in Amsterdam w/ToA). 805/2475 into Education. Built GLH of course. Also teched Music for the Great Artist and Machinery. Circumnavigated so all naval are to be +2 mvmt.

Barely missed on the Oracle because I settled the marble city for the long term, at SIP-3E. Also settled the gems (didn't have horses till I got AH in trade when someone teched Alpha). And on the incense.

Just DoWed Joao for first war with 3 galleys and 6 berserkers. I covet Lisbon with the Colossus and Pyramids (and GW and Oracle for gpps). That will be a GP spammer for me. I'll take all of Joao and hopefully Izzy with berserkers. Keep Willy as a tech partner for some undetermined period of time.

Izzy is also plotting in my game and has 4 religions. Joao has Taoism, unknown likewise has Hinduism.

That's all I remember. I'm enjoying this game and might actually finish.

Nice write-up, Pangaea! Looks like a good game you have going. :goodjob:

yew cahn dew eet!

Top Bottom