• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Brave New World's 9 new Civs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly the same thing though. There was some 8 centuries between Charlemagne's Empire and the Germany in the game, which is an entirely different situation to the USSR and Great Britain. Again, within the game it is clear how they've been represented.

All I was saying that in my mind it went from 0 to 5% in my mind. With Ragusa being shown that severely hits the Venice theory, and the civs being bandied about, we've still been told one is a darkhorse. We know one is likely to be a NA Indian civ of some sort, so I doubt any can be called darkhorses there. Venice isn't a darkhorse at this point too. USSR would be out of left field, and as pointed out, isn't without at least a loose parallel with HRE in Civ 4.

The Capital for USSR would have to be Moscow, and then yes, many cities with be the "Grads" like Stalingrad, Petrograd, Leningrad etc.. You'd switch Russias capital to likely St. Petersburg (capital from 1732-1918) to make that work.

Do I think it will happen? No. Is there a chance? more today than yesterday I think. I'd prefer a Kieven Rus, but I figure with the ideology focus, this would be a more likely turn if either were to happen. I don't think it's Venice, so this would be a heck of a curveball. You could have either Stalin or Lenin as the leader obviously.

All I was saying that in my mind it went from 0 to 5% in my mind. With Ragusa being shown that severely hits the Venice theory, and the civs being bandied about, we've still been told one is a darkhorse. We know one is likely to be a NA Indian civ of some sort, so I doubt any can be called darkhorses there. Venice isn't a darkhorse at this point too. USSR would be out of left field, and as pointed out, isn't without at least a loose parallel with HRE in Civ 4.

Do I think it will happen? No. Is there a chance? more today than yesterday I think. I'd prefer a Kieven Rus, but I figure with the ideology focus, this would be a more likely turn if either were to happen. I don't think it's Venice, so this would be a heck of a curveball. You could have either Stalin or Lenin as the leader obviously.

The Venice theory has nothing to do with Ragusa, much less anything severe. In addition, this concept of a dark horse isn't something Firaxis is likely to factor into the civs they choose and much less have they officially said anything about it (as far as I'm aware) and if they did Venice would have been a dark horse when they first decided upon its inclusion anyway.

More doubts about the European civ

Venice is a great candidate, but I have other chance, like Switzerland, Yugoslavia, Visigoths, Ostrogoths, Prussia, among other

Switzerland and Yugoslavia are out; they have major cities still in the game as city-states.

Prussia and the Goths are Germany. Read Germany's Civilopedia entry.

Assyria
Brazil
Indonesia
Morocco
Poland
Portugal
EMPTY
EMPTY

Zulu

Supposedly, one of them is European or somewhat European.

And for the other, we already lost a southwestern native american tribe, the Pueblos. Perhaps, they replaced it with another tribe?

I'm leaning towards the Sioux, with either Red Cloud or Sitting Bull as the leader.

But, also, what about (this is probably a long shot) the Powhatan? That would fit into the list as well and it could add another female leader to the roster: Pocahontas. I don't know whether or not most would deem her as a leader to represent a civ, but she "is" well known and there are already existing, questionable leader choices for some of the civs we have now.

Just some more speculation to throw onto the heap. :p

For those who don't want the big image:

It looks interesting, the article says "nine new civilizations. Unfortunately I’m authorized to talk only about seven of them for now" so it implies that the guy writing it knows what it is.

Attachments

• purple.png
    purple.png
    221 KB · Views: 132
Its a different shade for sure, this is a much lighter purple

For reference

Spoiler :

As to the purple and white civ: its culture is obscenely large. Look at the borders of its capital :crazyeye:

I'm gunna guess that is a civ that is associated with significant cultural works.

Wikipedia also seems to think there is some significant association between the Carolingians and the colour purple.

I think the screenshot wasn't made the previewer. I think it's a staged preview screenshot from Firaxis.

For those who don't want the big image:

It looks interesting, the article says "nine new civilizations. Unfortunately I’m authorized to talk only about seven of them for now" so it implies that the guy writing it knows what it is.

Those borders! Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom