Bring Back The United Nations!

MilesBeyond

Prince
The World Congress has made the UN completely obsolete, but I do hate to see a wonder disappear. I think it would be cool to see the UN reappear, updated for BNW. Perhaps it could give you a diplomat with every other civ, or bonus delegates. Any thoughts?

I think the U.N should be re-introudecd back as the required building for Diplomatic Victory, triggering the same thing (World Leader votes every X turns). I think that would push the Victory later along the lines of Science and somewhat Culture.

Yes, a wonder going to waste is unfortunate. The UN being a requirement to be built would be a bit more interesting, and definitely add a good late-game wonder that one would really want to go for. Shouldn't be in Globalization though, maybe a little bit earlier so that diplomatic victories still have tension at later stage.

The UN should be a project along the lines of the World Games and ISS. You pass the WC resolution to build it, and the member who contributed the most gets to be the first host. The UN must have been passed in order to trigger the world leader vote.

Not a bad idea actually considering that the diplo victory starts as soon as anyone reaches the information era. This means that players going for a science victory must enable the world leader vote and that's like shooting yourself in the foot if someone has most of the CSs allied.

The UN should be a project along the lines of the World Games and ISS. You pass the WC resolution to build it, and the member who contributed the most gets to be the first host. The UN must have been passed in order to trigger the world leader vote.

Not bad, guess it adds more tasks to achieve.

Overall I hope they don't push back diplomatic victory just for the sake of "making it as long as the other victory types". The game doesn't need to be any more drawn out than it already is, thats what one more turn is for.

Yeah, really like this idea!

Not bad, guess it adds more tasks to achieve.

Overall I hope they don't push back diplomatic victory just for the sake of "making it as long as the other victory types". The game doesn't need to be any more drawn out than it already is, thats what one more turn is for.

The problem is, rushing to Diplo victory is much faster than rushing any other victory (except domination depending on circumstance), and it often happens on the way to the other victories.

IMO, the 3 non-domination victory types need to be balanced so they take roughly the same amount of time to complete, and ideally pursuing any one will be somewhat detrimental to pursuing the others.

The problem is, rushing to Diplo victory is much faster than rushing any other victory (except domination depending on circumstance), and it often happens on the way to the other victories.

IMO, the 3 non-domination victory types need to be balanced so they take roughly the same amount of time to complete, and ideally pursuing any one will be somewhat detrimental to pursuing the others.

I get CV before industrial age on king an emperor. I get SV with Korea and Babylon before votes. Checkmate.

ok... I miss it. I mean i like the name of it and i think it would be very good if after gaining influence over other civilizations we would have to build it to achieve culture victory...

I like this. To steer it away a bit from being mostly a build contest, I propose a 10% production bonus on it for each delegate you have, or something like that.

Top Bottom