[BTS] Brokering peace

Outlandish

Chieftain
In my current game, Tokugawa DoWed and was beating up Justinian which I preferred did not happen. They'd both been pleased with each other prior to the war and nothing had changed so I traded education to Tokugawa to make peace with Justinian in the hopes that he would then turn to other targets. The very next turn, he re-declared on Justinian.

I assume this wasn't a bug, and that it's not a 10 turn peace treaty like it is with the player. In that case, is there ever any point to brokering peace? I guess I could have given Tokugawa education and then 3 more techs to declare on someone else, but that's just too much.

I've never gotten involved in diplomacy much (which is probably the main reason I rarely win past Emperor) so the immediate re-DoW was a shock to me.

Brokering peace between two AIs does indeed only enforce a cease-fire, not a peace treaty. That part is not a bug. As for whether brokering peace is useful, I'd say it's usually worth the risk as I'm pretty sure it's rare that an AI will re-DoW the turn immediately after. Particularly when a normally peaceful AI is stomping an aggressive AI, brokering peace is unlikely to result in a re-DoW since the peaceful AI shouldn't DoW so easily and the aggressive AI won't have the military to want to do so.

Top Bottom