H.Balck and Tom2050
present
BRONZE AGE CHARIOT

The Mycenaean Chariot

Parts of my 2 years old lecture on the university of munich:
Spoiler :

download:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14582

Thanks to Sandris for inspiration and many helps.
Thanks to Tom to translate all storyboards in flc format.
Thanks to Osprey: Bronze Age War Chariots for reconstruction (Brian Delf you are the greatest !)

H.Balck

Excellent!
Can't wait for the others.

I'm working on the The Mycenaean Chariot now from the files I received from Yang Liu and once finished will send them back so they can be posted. I will make the Blue Portions of this Civ Colored, since that seems to fit better than the yellow portions.

BTW, that's an awesome .gif you made up there!

EDIT: I'll be done very soon, the Blue Colored portions look terrific when Civ Colored, so that's how they will be done.

Tom

Everything is ready to go... one thing I encountered was during the Chariot's moving in the East direction, and only for the East direction, the spot where the Chariot is doesn't quite match up with the Default East animation, and a small jump occurs... but every other animation fits perfectly. All the animation's offsets are set the same.

I have no idea how such a thing could have occurred, but it seems that the Default East animation just needs to be moved over several pixels, I'll do that now, re-test in game, and then I'll send it over to Yang Liu (in 10 mins or so).

It looks tremendous in game, a very good-looking unit!

EDIT: Unit has been sent to you H.Balck (from another email address, I was having problems sending with the previous I gave you).

Tom

Good job, Sir Yang! I must say, you've redeemed yourself. :)
Glad to see you in action, as a CivIII unit artist. The Mycenean Chariot is very good... as a model, and as an animated unit. :goodjob:

Hallo
Thanks all for the good critics. Next unit - the egypt chariot - comes on next weekend.

I like the walk animation of horses. Can you send me this animation?
No problem imperator - but I think you can not use my animations for your horse system !

H.Balck

:D Very good work!

Yang Liu, may you make a Chinese 4-horse Chariot?

Attachments

• 543210703.jpg
    543210703.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 88
  • post-2-1108048529.jpg
    post-2-1108048529.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 83
  • post-2-1108048195.jpg
    post-2-1108048195.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 65
  • post-2-1108047939.jpg
    post-2-1108047939.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 70
  • post-2-1108048028.jpg
    post-2-1108048028.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 57
  • post-2-1108048076.jpg
    post-2-1108048076.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 69
Very good work there! One thing I'd like to request: Can you add civpedia pics with the standard neutral white background? They would fit better into the game.

Thank you guys.

I may be able to make the background white from the image with the background image, although it wouldn't be as crisp and clear (due to the way an RGB blends the colors) as doing so with an image that has just the Magnenta background. If Yang Liu has a larger BMP of the chariot with a Magnenta Background, making the PCX is much easier.

I'll check the Storyboard pics, as they may be big enough to avoid having the image end up looking pixelated.

EDIT: These were the best I could get using the images from the Storyboard.
View attachment MycenaeanChariot-Large2.pcx View attachment MycenaeanChariot-Small2.pcx

If Yang Liu has a better image to use to make a White BG PCX, then I will delete these here.

Tom

Wow! I love, love, love chariots. Must be because of Sunday School, I dunno. Anyway, I didn't think I'd see any sweet items like this since BeBro made his. This is great, because know the Mycenean chariot actually looks Mycenean! :)

Hi
First preview of the egypt chariot is ready !

Ni Hau - very interesting - I will produce this later.....My wife is also from China.
Yesterday I am watching Red Cliff - my god its a very nice chinese film ! In the last 7 weeks I was in China - Dalian - very nice city.
Here the first battle scene:

H.Balck

Moderator Action: English speaking forum, provide translation, 96nn may not even sepak a word of German!
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
Edit: Sorry - I forget to translate !

Top Bottom