[BTS 3.19] Earth 35 Civilizations MOD

congratulations Liambane, a fantastic mod !, it's so replayable, and interesting. The 18 Civ's scenarios and similar ones, get a bit boring after a while, but your is really challenging and interesting.

I think i will try to mod it though to create a version where the new world is worth exploring from the old. At the moment, the new world nations are just as advanced as the old world, so countries like England, don't have any opportunity to build an empire.

Wonderful mod, though , in the last few weeks, i've played as Hannibal, Justinian, and Ethiopia, but there are lots more to try out.

mod looks great have one question where is the Celtic civ in the play list as I always play as the Celtic cant seem to find them in the mod, where they removed if so why?

mod looks great have one question where is the Celtic civ in the play list as I always play as the Celtic cant seem to find them in the mod, where they removed if so why?

Alas, the given 35 Civs are your only options. This is because everyone's starting position is preplaced on the map. You have to play as either England or France to start in that general region.

what a waste any one know any earth map that have the Celtic civ in them. Seems to me to be a bit stupid to remove one of the oldest civs in history and add a non-civ like Australian.

what a waste any one know any earth map that have the Celtic civ in them. Seems to me to be a bit stupid to remove one of the oldest civs in history and add a non-civ like Australian.

I, too, think it would be nice and cool if we could have included the Celts and all the other available game civs in this mod. However, the characteristics of all mods are shaped and constrained by the game engine you are working with. In this map, Liambane wanted to create an earth map in which civs would start in the proper historical vicinity. But he also wanted to spread out civs across all the large land masses to (1) give each civ some breathing space to expand instead of bunching a bunch of them in cramped Meso-America, western Europe, and the Middle East while leaving most of north/south America, Asia, and Australia bare (2) while also making sure that all civs come into immediate contact and conflict with several other civs.

The Australian civ was included in this mod along with the Aboriginal civ to people the Australian and Oceanic lands.

In other words, he made the mod this way because he thought it could increase the fun factor of playing an earth map. I think the game design was well considered.

You could always play this mod, choose France or England, go to "Your Details" in the in-game menu, and change the descriptions. Under this sub-menu, you can change your civ's leader's name, civ name, and civ demonym.

First of all thx to all comments in this thread. I spend lot of time to build this MOD and i like that people still playing CIV4 and like my mod :D

Celtic was removed cause was there instead of France civilization. Lots of ppl complained about the fact that the missing french civ was kinda inaccurate so they have been replaced. Anyway you can replace any civ with the Celtic civ by editing the Earth35 workbuilder map with notepad....

In other words, he made the mod this way because he thought it could increase the fun factor of playing an earth map. I think the game design was well considered.

Exactly. Game engine and world size doesn't allow to put all civilizations in game. The mod is just a "balanced" earth map. You see there is a Kazakistan empire too in game, for stop Russia to overtaking north asia... Is all about BALANCE dude. Anyway whoever that have some mod skill can replace whatever he wants in this mod...

How do you put it in the game? I put the notepad file in the PublicMaps folder and the Mods... No workie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you put it in the game? I put the notepad file in the PublicMaps folder and the Mods... No workie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have downloaded a large compressed folder called, Earth 35 Civs. This might be in RAR format. Uncompress and then put the entire folder into the BTS-->Mods folder. That should do it. The mod pack should be about 608 MB, I think.

I do not know what notepad file you are referring to but you don't need to move any file into the PubMaps folder. In fact, I don't think a notepad TXT file does anything in that folder.

You can access the game by starting BTS and then entering the mods submenu. You can even create a shortcut so that you can start the mod directly. Google for instructions on how to create shortcuts for Civ IV mods.

Have fun. :)

No, will not. Every mod, in which you can play more civs at once, will not work on a Mac.

Actually if the only DLL change is to allow for more than 18 civs, a mod will often still work on Mac, just with the 18 civ cap. This mod contains Better AI and other DLL tweaks though, and those definitely render it incompatible.

Hi Liambane,

Just went MOD-shopping and discovered this MOD. Excellent work! I'm in my first game now on Emperor, rolling through Europe as Spain. I was disappointed that the French didn't have Stone/Marble to steal (and I can't really take Rome until Macemen) but I suppose that would be overpowered. I want that Stone for the Citadels!

I agree about holy city non-preplacement. It's nice to have different locations every game.

One thing that would make this experience perfect is the "Influence driven war" feature from the PIG-MOD. I've grown completely reliant on this feature and now it kills me to take a city and not be able to work any of the tiles around it until I take the next city. Is there any way to merge this feature into your MOD? I have no modding experience but I do know programming so I can take any high-level advice and implement it.

Thanks, and great work again!
-z

Hello. This mod is my favorite, but there's something very annoying about it; the AI spamming diplomatic offers. When I discover the other continent, I get like 3 offers minimum every turns. Is there a way to reduce them or turn them off?

Hello. This mod is my favorite, but there's something very annoying about it; the AI spamming diplomatic offers. When I discover the other continent, I get like 3 offers minimum every turns. Is there a way to reduce them or turn them off?

This is actually part of the shipped game. It feels more annoying in this mod than in other Civ 4 games because there are much more rival civs on the map than in most scenarios/mods. But it is usually worst when you encounter a large number of new civs on the map. New civs may contact you twice when you first meet them. The first time is to announce you have discovered a new civ. Another one often follows soon after because they want to form some sort of agreement with you, even if only in the form of a threat.

The only way to permanently diminish the number of diplomacy pop ups in this mod is simply to exterminate a large number of rivals. In other words, I believe these annoying pop up diplomacy boxes before most turns is Fireaxis's way of encouraging you to be very violent upon your neighbors...maybe. :p

This is actually part of the shipped game. It feels more annoying in this mod than in other Civ 4 games because there are much more rival civs on the map than in most scenarios/mods.

Yeah, I know. I was just hoping that, maybe, someone would have already found a solution to this. Modifying a game file, or something. I know it's probably hardcoded, but I lose nothing by asking.

Got an issue with this map, when I start up a game as any of the civs. It loads, but when the game finishes loading, a blank screen labeled "Technology Adviser" appears. You can exit it, but the entire interface is missing. Meaning you can't found your city, can't move your units, can't see anything but the game map and the fog of war. Please help someone. I really want to get a good game going as the Native Americans.

Got an issue with this map, when I start up a game as any of the civs. It loads, but when the game finishes loading, a blank screen labeled "Technology Adviser" appears. You can exit it, but the entire interface is missing. Meaning you can't found your city, can't move your units, can't see anything but the game map and the fog of war. Please help someone. I really want to get a good game going as the Native Americans.

1. Make sure your BtS version is 3.19.
2. Depending on your Windows setup, you may need to have your game "run as administrator." Likewise, if you create a shortcut for Earth 35, tick the "run as administrator" flag in "properties." <--This is likely the issue.
3. Make sure the mod folder is 225 MB. EDIT: I mean the download zipped file is 225. The actual mod folder should be more than 600MB.
4. Make sure the mod folder is placed in the correct folder.
5. If you added my custom map, make sure files are in the correct folder.
6. If you are playing my custom map, make sure the zip is 103.7 KB.

I have this exact same problem and have never been able to fix it. I have tried just about everything by now. I play with many other mods and have never had an issue I could not solve. If you find a way to fix this please let me know.

Top Bottom