[BtS] Anno Domini 1000

The Chinese may have meade use of a cannon then, but those things were like Korean Hwachs. Almost as dangerous to their crew as their enemy.

OK. Although the Chinese did invent gunpowder, they used it mostly for fireworks. (Maybe that's why...);)

Played as the HRE til 1712 AD, by which time I had a comfortable lead. First off, I like the start screen, very nicely done. Here are some comments.

Certain city names seem odd, like Montpellier (why not Marseilles/Toulon?), Fez (Tangier is on the coast, Fez isn't), Danzig (Poland calls it Gdansk), Curonians (Truso is an actual settlement name on the Baltic coast), Budapest (didn't exist; the Magyar capital was Gran), Alba Julia (why not Szegeth?), Gortyn (dito: ancient name, Candia might be better), Karasahr (=Karashahr). Also, Poland founds German cities.

Certain upgrades don't seem to work, like Galley->Galleon.

On gameplay: plays out like somewhere between Earth 1000 AD and the Medieval Age and 1066 AD for BtS. The Mongols don't seem to do anything (in 1712 they still had 2 cities); this may have something to do with the Liao/Chin empire using the same UU.

Suggestion: as this is a mod, you might include some historical events to improve gameplay (and fun!).

Overall impression: pretty good for a first one! (Though there is some room for improvement.) I won't rate it as I'm a "scenario guy" myself and that doesn't seem fair, but if I did I'd give it 4 stars (B+).;)

Thanks for the feedback JEELEN, I'll certainly consider your suggestions for the next version.

I know there is a huge number of bugs and mistakes I made and finally found, after I added the file, but I'll fix this, right now I'm already working on a major update. :)

OK. Although the Chinese did invent gunpowder, they used it mostly for fireworks.

Actually they did use it as a type of gernade with sharp objects inside that would explode outwords, they also put type of poisions to infect the enemy soilders. They used this mainly against the Mongolian invasion.

Hey, I didn't know that! (Did know that some Indian raj used a Grenadiers regiment, but that was in the 19th century. Was it Rajangir? I forget...)

Anyway, can't wait for the update! ;)

I just downloaded the file, and I put it in my mods folder, it was just a file nothing else (no folders), so I put it in a new folder called Anno Domini, but it still doesen't work:mad:, so how do you make this scenario work:confused:

I coulden't unzip it, It was just a 7Z file one of those white pages with a toolbar (or something like that) inside icons.

Hi! It's a great mod thank you for it. But maybe you should rename Budapest to Székesfehérvár and Alba Julia to Gyulafehérvár. It would be historically more correct I think. So again great work!

I coulden't unzip it, It was just a 7Z file one of those white pages with a toolbar (or something like that) inside icons.

You should be able to unzip it with 7zip. :)

Hi! It's a great mod thank you for it. But maybe you should rename Budapest to Székesfehérvár and Alba Julia to Gyulafehérvár. It would be historically more correct I think. So again great work!

Thanks for your compliment , for the next version I'll certainly also change some of the citynames and therefore consider your suggestions. Currently I don't have plenty of time, so it should require quite a long time until I release the next version, since I'm planning to change the tech tree and the units, translate all the new pedia entries at least into English, make the same scenario on a bigger map, include some new civs and so on.

Hey, i've got the mod up and working fine, but it keeps saying it cannot read the wbsave file included in the zip! is anyone else having this problem?

nope and THIS MOD ROCKS! I may be sucker for the brits and in middle of a game with them and kicking the danes buts :lol: and I found that my first game as maya the aztecs kicked my but cause of their starting army :cry: and I find gunpowder is too early since as england I got it at 1300 ad :p.

I also found that in 1700 ad the spanish at least in my game hadn't taken all of their modern day territory:crazyeye:.....and I found that the aztecs really would expand before I arrived in america they were already close to the east coast 2 tiles away to be exact :eek: another thing is that the seljuk turks well sorta got almost wiped out by hungary then the byzantines took over most of hungary:eek:but I am still on top in my british game:king: and anyone have advice on how to kill france in this scenario this late game?:help:and also poor danes I took all thier colonys and a city in norway poor danes but they still held off the HRE:viking: also strange how I only and people I traded with have guns but I can do this too france:backstab: :D

Played as the HRE til 1712 AD, by which time I had a comfortable lead. First off, I like the start screen, very nicely done. Here are some comments.

Certain city names seem odd, like Montpellier (why not Marseilles/Toulon?)

Because Marseille and Toulon was German at 1000 AD, but Montpellier France and i would have it right.

Strictly speaking they were in the Kingdom of Burgundy (Arelate), which was part of the HRE.

Playing a game as the Umayyads. The balance between them and Léon seems about right if you're representing the combined power of the Kingdom of Léon and the County of Barcelona. Although, Léon has a stronger starting force than the Caliphate, which doesn't seem right for 1000AD which was more or less the peak of Andalusian power. (at least, until the chaos and civil war between about 1010 and 1030)

Over time the Caliphate's culture pushes Léon's back.

It's about 1350 and I've conquered Léon and France, just started attacking Holy Rome now but lost most of my camel archers at the walls of Milan.

2 bugs:

Mecca doesn't seem to be the Islamic Holy City (there is none).

I started with three light cavalry units in the Mongolian stack in Central Asia.

Playing a game as the Umayyads. The balance between them and Léon seems about right if you're representing the combined power of the Kingdom of Léon and the County of Barcelona. Although, Léon has a stronger starting force than the Caliphate, which doesn't seem right for 1000AD which was more or less the peak of Andalusian power. (at least, until the chaos and civil war between about 1010 and 1030)

Yeah, I know this isn't really historically correct, but actually I wanted the AI to conquer the Umayyads eventually ... which however never happened in any of my games ... but I'll try to fix this problem in the next version, though I'mnot quite sure how to manage this.

Over time the Caliphate's culture pushes Léon's back.

It's about 1350 and I've conquered Léon and France, just started attacking Holy Rome now but lost most of my camel archers at the walls of Milan.

2 bugs:

Mecca doesn't seem to be the Islamic Holy City (there is none).

I started with three light cavalry units in the Mongolian stack in Central Asia.

Yes, I know these bugs, but having only very litte time, I forgot to fix them yet.

Thanks for your feedback, Arwon. Answers in purple. :)

Top Bottom