[BTS] Build Culture Exploit

chessplaya

Prince
I was playing a game in Civ4 BTS version 3.19, with no mods loaded. I set up a city to build culture, and put a lighthouse in the queue to build afterward. On the turn that the city's borders popped, the hammers invested in the culture build were added to the lighthouse as well! It seems like I could use this trick anywhere my borders are about to pop to get free culture in addition to hammers on my current build.

I'm attaching the save file from my game. To reproduce the error, compare the hammers invested in the lighthouse in TripleFish on the current turn to the hammers invested after hitting Enter to end the turn.

Attachments

• My Game.CivBeyondSwordSave
    191.1 KB · Views: 238
It's known exploit in certain places of the forums. Getting better as the gamespeed increases.

It's a bug that comes from the fact that culture is calculated just before hammers. Thus once the border pop is done, the devs implemented a new mechanics to prompt the human again for the next build (probably an attempt to diminish the micro even more). But by doing so, it reveals to the bones' marrow the innate order of different ouputs (commerce==>Food==>Hammers). The prompt comes in between and the queue just skips it, making that turn doubled in investment.

No one will arrange that bug unless you join K-mod. There, Karadoc is well sensible to bugs eradication.

I'm actually surprised it got views as no one cares about bugs nowadays. Unless if it's for Civ5, which is a bug in a whole.
Gratz for the ~130% won in a chess competition btw.

Tachy, less and less people play this game unfortunately, why do you care about views and popularities anyway? :) The only thing you should care about in your mid 20s is popularity amoung girls. :p

Top Bottom