BTS Earth (160 x 100)

toft

King
Enlarged northern hemisphere and other regions. Shrinked some areas of the seas.

Resources, rivers and hills are placed somewhat random. Any feedback as to the placement of these are most welcome.

I placed some civs around the map at their correct starting locations, but feel free to remove or add other civs - this is just the civs I wanted to start with :)

Map size: 160 x 100 - Regular 18 civs
Download here!

Map size: 160 x 100 - with Lt. Bob's "[BtS]40 civs-allows colonies AND 34 civs" which contains Solver's unofficial patch. Note! Only 30 civs are placed.
Download here!

Love the map! but one thing

Could you tell me (im a noob) how i can add more civs and how the correct way to install is (i just unziped in a folder on desktop and double clicked on the file :blush: )

What civs are on the map?

Also, refresh my memory, roughly what size (standard, large, huge, etc) is this? I'm looking for something smaller then the ones pre-packaged... but larger then your average standard map.

A happy medium :)

@Madoo
Save the file in ..\Beyond the Sword\Saves\WorldBuilder and load it as a scenario. You can add more civilization my editing the file in noteblock/wordpad and replace or add:

BeginPlayer
Team=1
LeaderType=LEADER_CHURCHILL
LeaderName=Churchill
CivDesc=English Empire
CivShortDesc=England
CivAdjective=English
FlagDecal=Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_StGeorgeCross.dds

WhiteFlag=1
CivType=CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND
Color=PLAYERCOLOR_WHITE
ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN

PlayableCiv=1
MinorNationStatus=0
StartingGold=0
StartingX=59, StartingY=23
StateReligion=
StartingEra=ERA_ANCIENT
RandomStartLocation=false
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT, Civic=CIVIC_DESPOTISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LEGAL, Civic=CIVIC_BARBARISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LABOR, Civic=CIVIC_TRIBALISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_ECONOMY, Civic=CIVIC_DECENTRALIZATION
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_RELIGION, Civic=CIVIC_PAGANISM
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE​
EndPlayer

This could be done by starting a custom game with the civs you want, the save that as a wb-save. Then copy and paste the info in this file (note: the starting locations would be incorrect)

For the correct starting locations I dont know an other way than opening it in WB and move the units...

@Sela1s1son

Its larger than "Huge", which is 128 x 80 if my memory serves me right :) . The Civilizations included are; Germany, England, Persia, India, Inca, Mali, China, Ottoman, Aztec, Egygt, America, Japan, Korea, Ethiopia and Zulu. I know there are few in Europe, but I thought it got too crowded.

Standard is: 84 x 52, index 100
Large is: 104 x 64, index 152
Huge is: 128 x 80, index 234
My map is: 160 x 100, index 366

Your request: 94 x 58, index 125
If I understand you right, then this would be the size you are looking for, correct?

Man if you used real geo proportions rathen then a mercators map, would be soo much interesting!

The size of the map is prefect imo. But i prefer when the resources are where they should be. Like for example there should be oil at the coast of Norway, but not in the baltic sea. I want a world-map to be as close to the real thing as possible. Great map otherwise. But a map of this size should be played with alot more civs though.

Who know? How many max players can be on this map? 31 civs?

P.S.: Sorry for my English....

Hi, i played your mod with pleasure :) and haven't finished yet with it.
But since the last BtS, update, the mod won't load making the game to crash :mad: (am i the only one :confused: )
So, do you plan to fixe the issue, for conquered world Hail your name?:king:

Thanx anyway for the mod, hopefully the map should still be usable;)

Hi, i played your mod with pleasure :) and haven't finished yet with it.
But since the last BtS, update, the mod won't load making the game to crash :mad: (am i the only one :confused: )
So, do you plan to fixe the issue, for conquered world Hail your name?:king:

Thanx anyway for the mod, hopefully the map should still be usable;)

Its because the dll in the mod is older than 3.13. I'll "fix" it asap... although I'm not at home this week, so it might take a little while.

Viable with 3.13 yet?

Top Bottom