BTS Earth No New World (85x68)

redifederal

Chieftain
This Earth map is based off of Ryhes earth map from his Ryhes and Fall of Civ mod but with a new twist. I removed the New World and made Europe even larger. I will probably make a different version with different civ's in the very near future (these are the civs that people have been playing online with).

The civ choices are

England
Vikings
Germany
Rome
Portugal
Russia
Carthage
Egypt
Byzantine
Arabia
Mali
India
Persia
Khmer
China
Japan
Mongols
Korea

Here is the link for the download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7249

I welcome questions or suggestions.

Attachments

• bts_earthnonewW_85x78_v1.0.ScreenShot.4.jpg
    bts_earthnonewW_85x78_v1.0.ScreenShot.4.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 1,756
  • bts_earthnonewW_85x78_v1.0.ScreenShot.5.jpg
    bts_earthnonewW_85x78_v1.0.ScreenShot.5.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 2,200
Are all the civs in thier starting historical positions? The map looks great, Ill give it a try and report back.

For the most part they are in their historical starting spots (give or take a square plot). One of the examples of starting spots that have been moved is Persia. Most people that play earth maps online have always moved persia to the hill 1 east of the iron (so you get horses earlier and the oasis to the north west). So rather then make them lose a turn moving your settler they start on the hill.

any chance for version with flood plains only on desert? and no resources on flood plains please
it seems to be too much marble on the map
there are some city ruins near lisbon
and 2 roads between portugal and england
why no new zealand? :)

tell me if you are not going to fix flood plains, i will release then alternative version with flood plains on deserts only, if you don't mind

The map looks nice and i think its a very good idea to have a world map with out the "new world" :)

Question:

I would really like to know how you "cut" out the new world...

The reason i´m asking is: I want to modify a Europa map, where i cut away some of the east and africa. Though i havent been able to figure out how to edit an allready made map yet.

any chance for version with flood plains only on desert? and no resources on flood plains please

tell me if you are not going to fix flood plains, i will release then alternative version with flood plains on deserts only, if you don't mind

I will try to make the changes this week but feel free to make any changes that you think that are necessary. I must have missed the roads when I was deleting the cities and roads from a personal map.... I can add New Zealand when I fix these changes (unless you get to it first).

Please just give me some credit.

The map looks nice and i think its a very good idea to have a world map with out the "new world" :)

Question:

I would really like to know how you "cut" out the new world...

The reason i´m asking is: I want to modify a Europa map, where i cut away some of the east and africa. Though i havent been able to figure out how to edit an allready made map yet.

Well i tried to make the map from scratch at first and I crashed and burned on this the first time. So what I did was I made a copy of the world map and I opened the map in notepad copied all of the data of the land east of Greenland. Then I pasted the info to Word and went thru and individually changed (use the find replace function) the plot data so the map would work (not as time consuming as it sounds). Then I placed my new data in the copied version and saved. If you need any help with your map let me know.

Its very well laid out, I like it a lot. I actually got a China France alliance against the two naval powers Japan and England. Very interesting possibilities.

If you are not going to fix flood plains, I can do it but first I will wait for your final update ;) flood plains on non-desert sucks

btw. i'm going to create application to crop parts of map

If you are not going to fix flood plains, I can do it but first I will wait for your final update ;) flood plains on non-desert sucks

btw. i'm going to create application to crop parts of map

It will be at least a week before I can make the changes.

Its very well laid out, I like it a lot. I actually got a China France alliance against the two naval powers Japan and England. Very interesting possibilities.

Did you add the french to the map? I think they should be on the map as well. These have just been the civs that people have been using online.

I have a 1000ad scenario with larger europe that I am working on (both with and without new world) that has been working real nice and is almost done. It has Portugal, Spain, and France added to Europe. I plan on releasing both in about a month (playtesting them).

If the patch would get fixed I could play it online and finish testing it faster!!!!

the 1000 AD scenario is it without modding ?

Because i have Vista 64 bits and BTS crashes with custom assets

Can you make a 100 AD or 200 BC scenario ? With the same map and WITHOUT modding ? I will be happy :goodjob:

the 1000 AD scenario is it without modding ?

Because i have Vista 64 bits and BTS crashes with custom assets

Can you make a 100 AD or 200 BC scenario ? With the same map and WITHOUT modding ? I will be happy :goodjob:

I plan on doing efverything you want its just going to take awhile (been very busy). I would change the civs on a 200 b.c. scenario.

Just wanted to say thanks for this map - I've had a great time playing on it, it's still an interesting game and runs faster than having the Americas in. I've made a few balance changes to it, but all in all, works quite well and all civs have a chance. :)

i have been so busy with work and since I went back to school I havent had much time for civ (except playing).

Christmas break is coming up so I will try to fix this and finish my other scenarios and mods.

i have corrected my problem i hadn't 3.13 patch...

i have been so busy with work and since I went back to school I havent had much time for civ (except playing).

Christmas break is coming up so I will try to fix this and finish my other scenarios and mods.

any news? :)

How about just the "New World" and no Europe. Could you use the same process to make a map like that?

Top Bottom