[BtS]Iberian Reconquista

Tatoon

Chieftain
Current Version: 0.02b

This Mod was inspired largely by vanilla's Spanish Reconquista Mod. It represents an important part of the history of the Iberian Peninsula. This Mod is under development and quite young, in the future I intend to add:
-Iberian Languages replacing religions.
-Simulate religion as a civic (Islam and Christianity).
-other goodies :)

Stuff you should know about the current version:

-The Caliphate was fixed and is now playable.
-Some initial improvements where built but you still have to spend the first turns building more.

The map is huge, so try lower your definitions.
Any question just ask :)

Attachments

• Iberia.zip
    185.4 KB · Views: 258
Downloaded! (Not bad for a 1st post.);)

BTW, how do you mean Iberian languages replacing religions? (I thought religion was a primary issue of the Reconquista - and beyond.)

Nevermind. You might want to add some improvements, buildings and starting cash for version 0.01c.;)

Downloaded! (Not bad for a 1st post.);)

BTW, how do you mean Iberian languages replacing religions? (I thought religion was a primary issue of the Reconquista - and beyond.)

Yes, it was, but since there where only two religions and nobody ever switched I guess I can simulate the religions in another way and use the languages which was also very important.

Hi Tatoon.

Very good this mod, the truth is that a mod of the reconquest, is very interesting, the great battles of history that have lasted for 800 years

Best Regards.

Spoiler :
Olá Tatoon.

Muito bom isto mod, o realidade é que é muito interenste um mod na Reconquista, as grandes batalhas da história que se prolongaram 800 anos.

tchau.

I'd love to continue this Mod this summer. Unfortunately I've stopped playing Civ4 a long time ago. But who know, maybe there'll by a surprise by September. Still, no promises...

Just downloaded and started playing the scenario. Kudos. It's a big project and I see you've started on the right track. There are still many things to do though. If you don't mind my suggestions.

First thing I can see is that there should be many more mountains. All over there needs to be more mountains and hills. (Iberia has quite few areas that aren't dominated by hills or mountain ranges.) For example in between Córdoba and Valdepeñas there should be a mountain range that stretches from Quesada and finishes shortly before Almendralejo.

I get where you're going to with the importance of different languages in between the different kingdoms and how that could affect diplomacy. I think that could make for good gameplay. I don't think that Mozarabic could be considered the language of the Caliphate. Arabic was the official language and the ethnicity of the ruling class. Mozarabic was the language of the Christian subjects (in some places the majority of the population.) So it would be historically correct to have Arabic as official language and Mozarabic as the language of most cities. But you would have to remove a northern language to do that. Maybe Aragonese, which spread much less and was mostly being replaced by Castillian by the end of La Reconquista.

Furthermore religion should be at the forefront. La Reconquista wasn't just Christians vs Muslims. Judaism had an important place, not as a military force but important culturally, commercially and maybe even diplomatically. That could be incorporated, maybe as a Judería building open for all civs to build.

Hope to hear that the project is still being worked on.

Top Bottom