[BTS] Infrastructure Wonders

Yakk

Cheftan
This adds a set of national wonders that provide basic infrastructure to all cities.

Each one is long after you had the ability to build the improvement, and grants a minor additional benefit to your city.

Standing Army Headquarters with Military Tradition: Grants a Barracks in all cities, and +2 XP to units in this city.

Scientific Fortifications with Engineering: City Walls in all cities, +50% defense in this city, -10% bombardment damage. (doesn't work against gunpowder units)
(Note: this comes earlier than most other central wonders, but it goes obsolete fast...)

Supreme Court with Nationalism: Courthouse in all cities, +1 spy in this city.

Fractional Reserve Central Bank with Economics: Grants Granary in all cities, +1 merchant

Standard Weights and Measures with Replaceable Parts: Grants Forge in all cities, +1 engineer

Food Safety Agency with Refrigeration: Grants Grocer in all cities and +2 food in this city.

National Library with Printing Press. Grants a Library in all cities, and +1 scientist in this city.

Global Navigation Charts with Astronomy. Grants a Lighthouse in all cities, and +1 trade route in this city.

Consumer Culture with Assembly Line. Grants a Market in all cities, and +1 artist in this city.

Public Broadcaster with Mass Media. Grants a Theatre in all cities, and +1 artist in this city.

Electronic Exchange with Computers. Grants a Bank in all cities, and +1 merchant in this city.

Public Works Agency with Medicine. Grants Aqueduct in all cities, and +3 health in this city.

This was inspired by:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=258666
and was done to teach myself modular XML loading.

The civopedia is currently ... lacking ... for the buildings (they just link to the building that it adds to all of your cities).

File is located:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8379
Direct link:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8379&act=down

Comments requested: Infrastructure costs. Better ideas for the "little bonus", or balance issues on them. Better ideas for the graphics I used (I should probably separate the model and the icon).

Updated: fixed the Food Safety Agency (oops!), reduced the cost of many of the Infrastructure wonders. If you DL'd it before 8 pm Eastern NA time, grab it again. :)

I don't want to step on the toes of the 3 gorges dam. :)

You'll also note that every one of the above, with 2 exceptions, takes place multiple eras after you first get the improvement.

I should add that requirement, that you have X of the building before you build the central-X building that provides it to every city. Then, at least, people won't feel that their early game markets where a waste just because 2 eras later they get it for free. ;0

This sounds like a really great idea.
Could you provide some screenshots of the models?

Matze

Fresh upload.

Eisklinge translated the names to German: I made some half-assed french names with my poor french and online translation bots.

Have you tried contacting any modelers to make unique buildings for your wonders?

Nope.

If any want to, I'll definitely toss it in: but this was just an exercise in XML learning for me, with some attempt to make it interesting/balanced.

There is a problem with the Global Navigation Charts with Astronomy. (Grants a Lighthouse in all cities, and +1 trade route in this city.):

It tries to build Lighthouses in my inland cities as well, those with no access to water, which promptly crashed my game. Is there a way to make it give Lighthouses to coastal cities only?

Bugger. No.

If you don't want to mess up your older saves, simply change:
Code:
			<FreeBuilding>BUILDINGCLASS_LIGHTHOUSE</FreeBuilding>
to
Code:
			<FreeBuilding/>
on line 1272 of Infrastructure_Civ4BuildingInfos.xml. This leaves the navigation charts intact, while removing the free lighthouse.

My bad -- I didn't test the central lighthouse wonder. Fixing this will probably take an SDK change.

Back
Top Bottom