[BtS] Star Trek Mod

Not interested in re-writing the units from scratch. That said, they are actually closer than you think, because they are named wrong. Exploration should actually be Light, etc. The reason they are named the way they are is because that's how they were in 1.0 and changing them would cause too much confusion (people still call quick attack bombard, for example). There really isn't a place for exploration ships in the mod; due to the way civ works, by the middle of the 23rd century the map is already explored (which is why the role was redefined as light in 2.0)!

@Tibilicus: That map is a scenario, not a map script, meaning that all the plots, etc. are defined. You would need to create your own map from scratch. Additionally, if you were to make it under the ST Galaxy mod, you would need to remove the wormhole and Federation Headquarters stuff as it is hardcoded for the map.

@Tibilicus: That map is a scenario, not a map script, meaning that all the plots, etc. are defined. You would need to create your own map from scratch. Additionally, if you were to make it under the ST Galaxy mod, you would need to remove the wormhole and Federation Headquarters stuff as it is hardcoded for the map.

Ok, I think I get you. is there any way then to make a map from scratch without using the in game editor. I don't understand how I could make my own map for the mod as the custom game option is greyed out therefore I can't open up world builder under the mod.

There's a lot of concepts I like from the galaxy mod such as the way in which you start out not as the federation but have to create it ect. Only problem is I can't play the pre made huge map as my computer simply can't handle it..

It's greyed out in The Galaxy because that mod doesn't have any map scripts. When I make a scenario I keep one of the scripts around (for most it's StarTrekFlat but in this case it was SpiralGalaxyManyCivs) and base the map off what I get for one of those. I generally don't mess around with the systems themselves (it's a pain to add/move them as you have to manually edit the scenario for that; same is true for editing, but you can search for the city name on the plot to find the system). Then I move around cities/units until I get what I want. You do need to manually go into the file to add a script data piece to plot (0, 0) for the mod to recognize it as a scenario. The galaxy map is actually one size above huge (all the sizes on the manyCivs map are one size above normal).

EDIT: You'll need to edit CvFinalFrontierEvents.py and comment out 8 lines of code related to the wormholes to make the map not do weird stuff/errors. You'll also need to put the federation civs first since that's how the wonder is coded.

It's greyed out in The Galaxy because that mod doesn't have any map scripts. When I make a scenario I keep one of the scripts around (for most it's StarTrekFlat but in this case it was SpiralGalaxyManyCivs) and base the map off what I get for one of those. I generally don't mess around with the systems themselves (it's a pain to add/move them as you have to manually edit the scenario for that; same is true for editing, but you can search for the city name on the plot to find the system). Then I move around cities/units until I get what I want. You do need to manually go into the file to add a script data piece to plot (0, 0) for the mod to recognize it as a scenario. The galaxy map is actually one size above huge (all the sizes on the manyCivs map are one size above normal).

EDIT: You'll need to edit CvFinalFrontierEvents.py and comment out 8 lines of code related to the wormholes to make the map not do weird stuff/errors. You'll also need to put the federation civs first since that's how the wonder is coded.

I've edited the files you listed so that my own map should work with the mod but for some reason it doesn't. I made my own map file data identical to that of the galaxy map except changed obvious things like size where needed. It seems to not have a problem loading the interface and recognizing my map as a scenario but every time I hit the launch button it get to initializing and then throws me up an error message and BTS crashes.

This is an awesome mod. I just have a few suggestions.

1. The first civilization to research a technology that allows a new ship should get a free one of those ships (free unit class in xml)

2. Some of the technologies don't really do much, like optical data network. I suggest that odn gives a free engineer. Holodeck could give a free great artist and quantum torpedo or multi vector assault mode could give a free great general.

3. To me, it seems as though upgrades are too expensive. In the late game I still have multiple warp 5 ships and warp 7 ships because the upgrades are too expensive.

4. Merging in the wormholes modmod and the star trek expanded modmod would make the normal game much more interesting.

Hallo! First i´ve got to thank you, you did a great job.
Still i´ve got a problem. I´ve installed the mod and everything runs fine but I´m not able to change civics or values. There´s just an option to cancel my changes, but nothing like a Revolution button. To go back, i have to press Escape or Enter. It´s also not shown, what effects any changes might have for my civ. Sorry if i´m to stupid to handle this, but maybe you can help me.
thanx again

I've released the 2.37 patch; download on first post; fixes the following issues:
-Eugenics Wars: Added Gomez (Peru), Amin (Somolia), and Tiejun (Amazon) as playable nations
-Eugenics Wars: Removed some cultural buildings (and Christianity and the Pavillion) from Calcutta
-Eugenics Wars: AI random wars won't occur until after the 20th turn (for real this time)
-Terran empire uses NX class for Warp 7 Ship
-Eugenics War scenario stores description direcly in scenario file (so it displays properly in regular BtS)
-Eugenics Wars: AI random war declaration chance cut in half
-Eugenics Wars: Transporter Suppression: added help text, raised AI weight to 10
-Eugenics Wars: When an AI random war declaration is against the human player, the player gets 10 mechanized infantry
-Gomtuu: strength 10, uses explorer AI
-Text fixes
-Fixed bug in CvAI.py on line 168 (counted food instead of production)
-Eugenics Wars: renamed Klaus Kinkel to Jaques Delors
-Eugenics Wars: converted many starting units to city defense AI
-Fixed bug in CvAI.py on line 431 (counted production of current build, always 0 when counted, for military weight instead of total production capability of the city)
-Deep Space Nine: season 7 data stored should now store across game sessions
-Chance to force AI to build construction ship removed in scenarios with pre-built improvements; otherwise reduced to 5% (from 15%)

Unless other bugs/issues pop up, this will be the last patch for 2.0. Look forward to 3.0 in the coming months.

No I don´t have BUG installed. Have you got any idea, what kind of program I´ve got to look for? I deinstalled half the programs on my harddisc, but the problem remains.

Right now all I can suggest is to clear out customAssets (aside from stuff in the art/sound folders; those won't cause issues and Star Trek needs some stuff in there). Their is probably something interfearing with the mod. I would also suggest running civ 4 as an administer (via right-click) but I would think that if there were an issue there that you would have seen more problems than just a bad civics screen.

Too bad! I couldn´t fix it. But thanx for your efforts anyway. I´ll still enjoy the mod very much and hope that it runs perfect with your next version. :)

Great to hear you are working on version 3.0! I've got two suggestions for civs:

Voth
Leaders: Forra Gegen (Phi/Ind), Minister Odala (Pro/Inq)
UU: City Ship, replaces Heavy II, 30 strength, 7 speed, 600 hammers
UB: Ministry of Elders, replaces Courthouse, 1 free spy, helps thwart rival spies.

Species 8472
Leader: Don't know, but should probably be Agg, Exp, Imp or Pro
UU: Bioship, replaces Light VI, 1000 strength. To balance this, you should add a promotion "Anti-8472 nanobots", available at EMH, which gives +20000% against bioships.
UB: Universe Portal, replaces Palace, +50% hammers.

I've added them to the list. I had to play around with the traits (I have a spreadsheet with them all in). Player colors are getting very tight. I'm going to have to look at them again. May have to use BtS as an inspiration, but I don't have as many options as the 1.0 civs use non-standard colors that in many cases are similar to multiple default colors. Some civs will have shared diplo music as well (Suliban will use Xindi, Voth and 8472 still undecided).

Hi deanej,

Have you worked out any other definite features for 3.0 that are different than 2.0? Maybe minors like BotF or an optional gigantic map for folks who have cutting-edge systems? Maybe random events?

GB

Random events, apparently, are planned- so I started a Random Events thread in the Star Trek forum (with information on the events I already created myself as well).

There is already a "Gigantic map", by the way- the ST Galaxy scenario (are you aware of it?)

^Yes, look for a modmod called ST Galaxy. It contains three maps, Star Trek Galaxy (Full galaxy map with 17 civs), Star Trek Galaxy Independents (Full Galaxy map with 17 civs and many barbarian cities to represent minor civs), and Star Trek Galaxy Alpha Quadrant (Full Galaxy map with 13 civs)

Top Bottom