[BTS] The History of Three Kingdoms

Kalimakhus:

Thanks for the kind words man, we love it:goodjob:

The changelog in the download is in Chinese...So I've composed a short list and put it in the first post. From there you could get a general idea of what other changes we've made. Not too much, I would say, and certainly not detailed enough. We haven't written down all the minor data adjustment.

A sub-forum sounds cool, we'll certainly consider that if this mod gets really popular.:)

As for the save you posted. Strange enough, I failed to replicate the crash. However, I found something unusual. Xiahou Dun and Zhang Liao, your two heroes that each has 3 legion members, share one same member, the 'champion' unit called Zhang Yi.

Zhang Yi in your game is marked as a member of Xiahou Dun legion. You could get Zhang Yi's unit ID is 557097. And you could select Zhang Liao's core troop, open up Python Console, and type the following code:

Code:
unit = CyInterface().getHeadSelectedUnit()
print unit.getLegionMemberAt(2)

Then you'll see the result is also 557097. This means Zhang Liao thinks this unit is also in his legion.

So here is the case: somehow in your past action, Zhang Liao select Zhang Yi into his legion. And later, Xiahou Dun select Zhang Yi into his legion two, which should not happen.

The only scenario I could imagine is that Xiahou Dun forms his legion right when Zhang Liao's core troop upgrades that causes Zhang Liao's legion members to be temporarily kicked out. This bug is fixed in patch A.

:p

I'm pretty hangover, but i've waited a long time to play this mod and the moment of truth has arrived. Ancient China, here i come! (too bad it doesn't have dwarves though :p)

For some reason i don't think that legions are working for me i attach two axes to guan yu and when i killed a yellow turban the exp of the axe increases but the exp of guan yu stays the same and after the two axes die the two slots in quan yu seem to still be occupied by a blank unit so i can not seem attach new units to him

For some reason i don't think that legions are working for me i attach two axes to guan yu and when i killed a yellow turban the exp of the axe increases but the exp of guan yu stays the same and after the two axes die the two slots in quan yu seem to still be occupied by a blank unit so i can not seem attach new units to him

Please tell me, are you using the latest patch A? If you did use patch A, please put all your autosaves into one package and post it up here, thanks.

@stmartin

Funny!! I was sure I have upgraded one other hero to level3 still I wasn't able to attach one more unit to his legion. This kept me scratching my head for a while. Your explanation solves this puzzle for me. I will now install the patch and rearrange the legions and see if the problem goes away.

Continuing my game after installing patch A. No problems with upgrading swordsmen.

Now, as I understand the enhancements for AI (looking for a new core unit every 10 turns and dismissing legions every 40 turns) are only for AI players. I however noticed that every 10 turns all my legions are dismissed. It might be a little annoying even though it allows me to reconsider the formation of these legions. (something that can easily skip my mind).

One more minor issue. My siege units in a legion get automatically selected in the end of the turn (after I finished my moves and hit enter or spacebar). No other units either in legions or on their own get selected in the same manner unless of course they are grouped with the mentioned siege units. My guess is that it is unintended side effect of a code that loops through units in legions to check something it shouldn't however select the units.

My legion units seem to disband from their respective legions from time to time. Is this intentional? It's kinda annoying at some point...

But overlooking that, I think this mod is steamrolling to the top. It's awesome! Keep up the good work. I can't wait for the time this will have a separate executable, another main menu picture and it's own soundtrack.

Oh yeah. It seems that I forgot to exclude human players in that dismissing legion stuff...cool. A new patch is needed, en

i did use the patch a and here are the saves

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0199-Early May.CivBeyondSwordSave
    412.1 KB · Views: 64
  • AutoSave_AD-0199-Early September.CivBeyondSwordSave
    426.8 KB · Views: 72
  • AutoSave_AD-0199-June.CivBeyondSwordSave
    417 KB · Views: 52
  • AutoSave_AD-0199-Late July.CivBeyondSwordSave
    421.5 KB · Views: 65
  • AutoSave_AD-0199-October.CivBeyondSwordSave
    431.4 KB · Views: 55
Oh yeah. It seems that I forgot to exclude human players in that dismissing legion stuff...cool. A new patch is needed, en

That may be so... I do have a question: if Patch A simply replaces the Assets folder, why not include it in the main download? (It would save players the need to remove the Assets folder content "file by file" -?!)

But I agree the mod is improving!:goodjob:

EDIT: The main mod loads fine, but installing the patch gives me lots of XML errors on startup... (I've Downloaded and installed twice, so I'm just going to try playing with the main file for now.)

That may be so... I do have a question: if Patch A simply replaces the Assets folder, why not include it in the main download? (It would save players the need to remove the Assets folder content "file by file" -?!)

But I agree the mod is improving!:goodjob:

You can Ctrl-A to select all files in the text folder and delete them all...
You can also delete the text folder directly...

Why I didn't include it in the main download is that I don't want players who has already downloaded it to download the entire file again. Also there will soon be other patches. May be later when the game is quite stable I would put them altogether into one download.

Fair enough. (BTW, I simply deleted the main Assets folder and put the patch Assets in.)

Please, you need to download the main file again, or install the whole mod again. :)

When I say put the patch 'assets' folder in the main mod folder to overwrite the old asset folder, I didn't mean to delete the old asset folder. You have just deleted almost the entire mod.

Patch B is out. It's save game compatible, and if you are playing with Patch A, it's safe to continue with your game.

fixes:

1. fixed a bug than SeaLord Promotion's help text is not displayed properly
2. fixed a bug that cause human player's legions to be automatically dismissed

adjustment:

1. adjusted layout for Military Advisor's Unit Location Panel
2. adjusted Legion AI so that Legion will not guard own city when player is attacking
3. adjusted legion AI so that heroes will not go to a group or plot where he can't form legion

@Dracjn

I loaded your game and saw the situation. Unfortunately, even in the earliest save, the error has already occurred. So it's really hard to understand why it has happened. Could you by any chance remember exactly how it started to be like that?

Hey stmartin
I think I found a CTD

I was using Zhang Fei to attack a champion and he had the 50% capture champion or 50% release upgrade and everytime I try to kill the champion with Zhang Fei it crashes. Here's the save file.

Attachments

• crash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    816.4 KB · Views: 55
Hey stmartin
I think I found a CTD

I was using Zhang Fei to attack a champion and he had the 50% capture champion or 50% release upgrade and everytime I try to kill the champion with Zhang Fei it crashes. Here's the save file.

I just checked it out, it happens because it's pretty late in the game, and all the champion great person name has used up, but the code still assumes that it hasn't.:) I have attached the fixed CvGameCoreDLL dll file, you could download it, and put it in the Sanguo Mod\Assets\ folder, replacing the previous one. It's compatible with your save.

BTW, your Guan Yu has 430+ XP:cool:

- Porcelain Workshop is supposed to require a China Clay resource in city radius. It can however be built in any city. I remember it was working properly in the previous release but I might be mistaken.

That part of code is moved from Python Callback to sdk in this release, so there's a chance that things would go wrong. But I just tested with DKnight's save and it works fine this time. If it wasn't working for you, there must be a reason, give me a save:D

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
Please, you need to download the main file again, or install the whole mod again. :)

When I say put the patch 'assets' folder in the main mod folder to overwrite the old asset folder, I didn't mean to delete the old asset folder. You have just deleted almost the entire mod.

Ah, OK. (But the Readme states you need to delete all Assets contents, not simply let it overwrite.)

BTW, I also got a CTD after 30+ turns, but I hadn't installed patch A yet. Anyway, I'll reinstall.;)

Ah, OK. (But the Readme states you need to delete all Assets contents, not simply let it overwrite.)

BTW, I also got a CTD after 30+ turns, but I hadn't installed patch A yet. Anyway, I'll reinstall.;)

Yeah, the original release is very buggy, but now Patch B is out, it's much better. And the readme file in Patch B is better now.:D

Top Bottom