[BtS] - Things to think about

woodelf

Bard
Retired Moderator
Right now Promotions, UnitCombats, Traits, and Civics are all unmodified simply to get the mod working. Swapping these out for Lunar names and values won't be difficult, but first we need to come up with concrete ideas.

Civics has been partially done, but we need to decide if we're finishing it off or starting new.

And buttons, we desperately need buttons. :)

Right now Promotions, UnitCombats, Traits, and Civics are all unmodified simply to get the mod working. Swapping these out for Lunar names and values won't be difficult, but first we need to come up with concrete ideas.

Civics has been partially done, but we need to decide if we're finishing it off or starting new.

Buttons ?? :mischief: I could perhaps help...:)

Ah thanks, since you went AWOL for a while we noticed you didn't made them available yet. :goodjob:

Yeah, we need buttons for just about everything. Matt had a concept pic for techs in another thread.

:confused:
the original plan for SotM was to make the next major release of SotM Beyond the Sword compliant?

I have been away from the SotM mod awhile, and in the interim started playing Beyond the Sword expansion to Civ 4.

I also played the Final Frontier mod of BtS and noticed that even though the Spy buildings were part of the mod, in the games I played Spying had almost no affect on the game. which is good since the "improved" spying ruined the unmodded version of BtS for me.

=================================================

since this is the thread that relates BtS to SotM, what is the current plan? to ditch spies ala the Final Frontier mod?:hatsoff:

what will be the other impacts to the SotM mod by making it BtS compliant?

:confused:
the original plan for SotM was to make the next major release of SotM Beyond the Sword compliant?

Not exactly, but it became clearer that a lot of us would rather move forward with BtS then fix Vanilla.

since this is the thread that relates BtS to SotM, what is the current plan? to ditch spies ala the Final Frontier mod?:hatsoff:

what will be the other impacts to the SotM mod by making it BtS compliant?

I personally don't like spying, but I don't know where we're headed with SotM:BtS in that regard.

Other impacts will be the new features of BtS; Events, Corporations, ect.

We're basically trying to start from scratch and create the mod in a more organized fashion. We're on a bit of a hiatus atm as SMAC and Geo's ED mod are occupying our efforts.

matthewv is busy with RL and SMAC. Geo is busy with ethnic stuff. I updated my BtS to a beta patch and can't play any BtS mods until 3.13 comes out (and after they get updated). I could reinstall, but nah.

I don't think SotM is dead, but we need matthewv to figure out the terrain XML/mapscript relationship to move on. I tried and failed miserably. :sad:

Top Bottom