Buffy 005 launched - try it out with 3 new Gauntlets!

It wasn't me, honest. I did help a little with BUFFY .005, but not in a really significant way, and I certainly didn't "fix" it.

Sorry. I didn't mean it in the sense that it was broken and needed to be "fixed". It's a direct translation really, and I intended it more in the sense that you were part of the team that coded it, or made it, or sorted it out -- something like that. Seemed to recall your name from the discussion about 004b and 005.

Sorry. I didn't mean it in the sense that it was broken and needed to be "fixed". It's a direct translation really, and I intended it more in the sense that you were part of the team that coded it, or made it, or sorted it out -- something like that. Seemed to recall your name from the discussion about 004b and 005.
Yep, Ms. Lemon was a big help (honestly I pushed to get BAT stuff included as well), but Noble did a majority of the work on the new BUFFY. (I got the ball rolling so to speak)

Where you from, Pangaea?

fix and "fixed" (which is actually a separate word also, besides just being past tense of fix) are weird words with multiple meanings, but in context most native speakers would assume a meaning of "repaired" something.

Last edited:
From what I recall, it has been stated earlier that there won't be another BUFFY (or it's extremely unlikely), because the source code has been lost or something along those lines. Or some of the people with most knowledge about the project have left.
We still have the source code just not the knowledge (since Denniz left) or inclination to build another version for a game that's more than 10 years old :)

Exploiting is allowed.
As noted above, we did a lot of work on 005 which is the final version of Buffy. Unless it is listed here anything you can do in Buffy 005 is legal.

Norway :viking:

In similar context, I use terms such as "fiksa det" or "ordna det", which roughly means "carried it out" (err, not the garbage :D )
Skoal! I think maybe I did know that at one point years ago.

fix can more casually mean that too, such as "straighten it out" or "put it right", like a bad situation. It can also mean ending the reproductive habits of your pets...permanently :lol:

Yep, Herr Noble has done a tremendous amount for HOF and BUFFY.

Trying out an OCC game, and I wonder: is there something wonky about the amount of cities listed for AIs on such settings?

Thought I maybe hadn't noticed earlier. Met Victoria and the scoreboard had everybody with 1 city. When I find her 2nd city, it is updated with 2 for her. Now again with Darius. Scoreboard shows 1 city, but I've now found some borders of his, which is clearly not his capital.
Spoiler :
OCC scoreboard weirdness.jpg

Is this known, or maybe it's like this in non-Buffy games too? I've not tried this OCC thing very often. Needed a break from that mammoth Deity raging barbs low sea level Gordian knot, which isn't going that splendidly anyway :D

I think if the number is blue then it's based on your civ's limited knowledge.
For example, It can change if you DoW someone.

I apologize in advance if this question is in the wrong thread.
I am trying to get Beyond the Sword Civ IV to work so that I can play the GOTM and submit my results. I have downloaded the BUFFY program and it is my Mods folder in the game. When I try to open that mod the following warning is displayed: (Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?)
trouble.jpg

Try running the game as Administrator. Often, the use of some mods (depending on where they are located) requires the use of elevated privilege.

Thanks. I tried it but it didn't work. Maybe I somehow have the BUFFY file in the wrong folder?
I'm not a computer whiz, but I could move the file to a different folder. This is where it is now:
location.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Noble Zarkon:
Thanks. I did not see all those steps and might not have taken all of them. I will check and retry sometime this week and I will repost if I am still unable to get it going. I appreciate your help and Lemon Merchant's.
Jack

Noble Zarkon:
Thanks. I did not see all those steps and might not have taken all of them. I will check and retry sometime this week and I will repost if I am still unable to get it going. I appreciate your help and Lemon Merchant's.
Jack
Hello Cap - You really only need to perform steps 1 and 2 from that page. It should solve your problem.
(Note: Make sure you apply the fix to the civ iv and/ or bts folders. under My Documents. )

Noble Zarkon:
Jack
I also get these messages. Think it may have something to do with my GOG install. As far as I know it’s not easily fixed without messing with registry.

I tried doing all the steps but I need "administrator approval" to make those changes. It is an old computer from a former business of mine, but I guess owning the computer is not enough. That's ok. I will stick with Civ3 for now, and if I'm ever ready to make the move to Civ4 I can figure it out.
Thanks for all the help.

Top Bottom