BUG and Cultural Victories

Yxklyx

King
I just lost a game to a Civ that (sneakily) won by Culture (this has happened before). Does this mod alert you to something like this?

Not yet, but that's a good idea. You can see the one rival that is leading the race, and we could add an alert for when they get "close". Do you have any suggestion for what "close" should be?

Not yet, but that's a good idea. You can see the one rival that is leading the race, and we could add an alert for when they get "close". Do you have any suggestion for what "close" should be?

Can your mod store information from turn to turn? What I'd love to see is an _estimate_ of turns to victory (for AI as well as player) but that would require BUG to remember the culture value 10 turns ago (let's say) and show the delta. Once that is done, you could send a message say at 10, 25, 50, 100 turns to go.

Can your mod store information from turn to turn? What I'd love to see is an _estimate_ of turns to victory (for AI as well as player) but that would require BUG to remember the culture value 10 turns ago (let's say) and show the delta. Once that is done, you could send a message say at 10, 25, 50, 100 turns to go.

The mod doesn't have to store anything: The mod can simply call the amount of culture per turn from the cities leading the race under the assumption that the player could get this info by examining the victory conditions page every turn. But an estimated number of turns for victory is possible.

do you guys even check the victory screen? It shows the leading other civ by culture and the number of turns until his 3 cities hit legendary status.

do you guys even check the victory screen? It shows the leading other civ by culture and the number of turns until his 3 cities hit legendary status.

I'm jus' trolling this board trying to hype myself up back into modding again. Haven't actually looked at BUG, but the improvements I've seen in screenshots and the premise of the mod makes it very appealing as a starting point.

Ah great, didn't notice that. I do check the screen occasionally but that last game I played I had just launched the spaceship for the very first time ever (after having a Spy destroy an engine) and three Civs then promptly declared war on me. I was distracted. How about just ONE popup window (or simple message) when an opponent's AI is say within 20 turns of winning - just enough time to launch an attack against one of the cities I think. When a spaceship is launched isn't the player notified?

Top Bottom