[BUG]Automated Work Boats Don't (Always) Build Improvements

Wezqu

Warlord
Work Boat automation doesn't work on oil resources. Seen in this in both play throughs. Everytime I had to move the Work Boat on the oil resource and build the Offshore Platform manually. You would think it would be priority to build the platform first than any other water resource as oil is the only strategic resource on water tiles.

Just to add to this what I forgot earlier. The Work Boat's sometimes get stuck by moving the same route over and over again. Like it can be over the resource but still move away and next turn move back over the resource and repeat that over and over again.

Well here is a save where the Work Boat doesn't build a the improvement over fish resource. It doesn't move in this as there is no other possible resource in my waters.

The Work Boat is just over my capital on hex that has fish and it just sits there and you can see that its automated by clicking it.

Attachments

• Darius I 830.Civ5Save
    845.3 KB · Views: 321
Here is the save of the Offshore Platform building bug. Just to note that it doesn't really matter even if the oil resource is outside of the citys working distance as in another game I had it next to the city and the automation never build an Offshore Platform on it.

The Work Boat is next to the oil resource on automation and it doesn't go and build the Offshore Platform.

Attachments

• Wu Zetian 1991.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 274
Topic says pretty much says what i have seen happening in the game. Boats on automated control seem to build fishing boats just fine but getting them to build offshore platforms required manual control.

Moderator Action: Merged with existing thread

I examined both of the save files and confirm the bug: Automated work boats will sometimes not build the appropriate improvement. This includes both fishing boats and offshore platforms. In the Darius I 830 save, I could cause the WB to build a FB automatically by moving the WB around manually and then automating it. Sometimes this worked and other times it didn't. It's also odd that when you select the automated WB, you have not only the option to Stop Automation, but also the option to Build Improvements (Automated). The Wu Zetian 1991 save is similar, with the automated WB not building an offshore platform.

I'll move this thread to the Confirmed Bugs forum and add it to the Bug List.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

I know this is an old thread, but does this bug still exist? I'm still experiencing it. Is anyone else?

Why automate work boats anyway? Its two clicks, one to route, one to plant. Or is this a from a mod where work boats build without being consumed?

Top Bottom