Bug/Bat under linux with wine

Baba Yetu

Chieftain
Civilization 4 here work completely out of the box and nearly faultless with wine. Have anyone tried to run bug/bat under linux with wine? I am about to give it a try, but a little scared of breaking my civ4 =/.

I have not used linux. However, as long as you run BUG/BAT as a mod or in Custom Assets, it will not alter your stored CIV on your hard drive. The worst that could happen would be that the game would not run properly, in which case you can still run the game without BUG/BAT as you have been doing, since nothing in the game files would have been changed.

Well, I can report that apparently BUG works pretty well under wine. I've just installed it. Played only a little bit (my game still in 1960 BC - in a standard game) but so far everything seems ok.

Well, I can report that apparently BUG works pretty well under wine. I've just installed it. Played only a little bit (my game still in 1960 BC - in a standard game) but so far everything seems ok.

I was running BUG under Linux the whole time we were building it. It should work flawlessly on any Ubuntu distro for certain.

Top Bottom