BUG & Civ4-BtS 3.13

@Ruff_Hi - It's all you!

@Alerum - Yes, Ruff PM'd me about it. I hadn't seen the thread yet. I'll just claim I was busy with the 3.13 patch and leave it at that. ;)

@Cammagno - Okay, I will fix that doc before the release. How's this for clarify?

"The building columns are, like, different, and stuff."

Does that work? :p

i just got a new pc and don't have bug, or even civ installed on it yet, but that what the weekend is for... who needs a life?:p anyway, I'll try and do a winmerge compare, unless I can find a better way with Vista... so far it's pretty nice, but too many damn popups.

if it's a matter of them just adding the #.... didn't we put the full FDA into BUG at the start? If so, wouldn't the glance screen work?

BUG didn't touch the BtS FDA at all. I had to add the file to our mod.

yes, and if you want to placate the marketing men, use pretty smilie icons! (along with the numbers below in brackets!)

Another good idea. I might even break out the ol' python and take a stab at that myself.

Edit: errrr ... does anyone have the pre 3.13 BtS foreign adviser screen python file?
Edit2: Don't worry ... it is still there, they just put a '#' on 1 line.
Done - GLANCE is back and looking a little better if I must say so myself. Please have a look at let me know what you think.

Have you tried registering so you can download it? I hate all these download sites with their extremely confusing interfaces. :mad: I played around (didn't register) and got nowhere.

@Cammagno
I'm removing all the files we don't need ;)

Oh, very good! :goodjob:
(I think that that red-bouble problem was caused by the units in "Units" folder, not by those in "Flavor Units", so if I'm right maybe we can remove that folder, now that we have VD, and have a unique folder for units... what do you think?)

Another little question: have the flags in \Art\Interface been removed forever?

Have you tried registering so you can download it? I hate all these download sites with their extremely confusing interfaces. :mad: I played around (didn't register) and got nowhere.

Yeah, I tried. I also hate them :(
Anyway, now NikNaks is doing this cleaning work, so I'm happier ;)

Any comments on my attempt to beautify GLANCE ...

Original Glance

New Glance found only in BUG

Looks neat!

But if you are going to put the smiles to say what are the diplomatic stances, then maybe the numbers don't need to be colored anymore?

Anyway, I am just one user! :lol:

@smeagolheart - Each AI has some hidden modifiers as well as those you can see. Thus, you never really know what the exact attitude number is. I think this is partly why they removed the screen.

@Ruff - Looks pretty. :goodjob: How about make the smilies optional? (I love options). Also, the colors stand out more to me than the smilies, so definitely do not remove the colors from the numbers. In fact, could you color the []s around the numbers as well? Final nitpick: could you center the text as it was before?

@Ruff - Looks pretty. :goodjob: How about make the smilies optional? (I love options). Also, the colors stand out more to me than the smilies, so definitely do not remove the colors from the numbers. In fact, could you color the []s around the numbers as well? Final nitpick: could you center the text as it was before?
Smilies now optional. "["s included in colour scheme. Text closer to centred but not exact as it places it at a certain position and I don't know how to centre it there.

The 'general' tab is getting fairly cluttered. Suggest we start an Advisor tab and move the 4 advisor options and the espionage options there ... comments?

Are you using the original setTextAt() call that specifies centered text with CvUtil.FONT_CENTER_JUSTIFY? Or are you drawing the smiley separate from the number? If the latter, you could combine them into a single string for centering.

Yes, I'd like to split the options but haven't thought of a good division yet. I guess that's the best option so far: advisers and espionage screen (I consider it an adviser even if not called that by Firaxis) to a new Advisers screen. Back to a bare General tab. :)

I'll do that now . . . done.

Are you using the original setTextAt() call that specifies centered text with CvUtil.FONT_CENTER_JUSTIFY? Or are you drawing the smiley separate from the number? If the latter, you could combine them into a single string for centering.
The smilie is part of the text that it (so called) centers. Take a look at line 518 in the EFA.

That's weird. It looks like centering just doesn't work with setTextAt. Oh well, it looks good.

I like the idea of matching colors to smilies. I'd change Cyan (pleased) to Green and Green (Friendly) to Yellow. The other colors are close enough, and Monkey Barf Green (Cautious) would blend in too easily to the background, so Purple is fine.

Top Bottom