BUG mod not working after Fall Further v.041D

Jackpot

Chieftain
I just installed Fall Further Patch D and noticed that although I can access the BUG mod options, and everything is enabled by default , I still do not see the game clock mod, the alignment mod in the top left (that colored bar), the scoreboard mod, and the buttons just above the bottom center of the screen that allow different unit configurations to be viewed anymore. Sorry I forgot the name of that feature. Everything appears to be working properly otherwise. I have messed around will all the configuration (.ini) files for the last two hours and cannot get the BUG mod to work properly with Fall Further (v041D) anymore. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

I just installed Fall Further Patch D and noticed that although I can access the BUG mod options, and everything is enabled by default , I still do not see the game clock mod, the alignment mod in the top left (that colored bar), the scoreboard mod, and the buttons just above the bottom center of the screen that allow different unit configurations to be viewed anymore. Sorry I forgot the name of that feature. Everything appears to be working properly otherwise. I have messed around will all the configuration (.ini) files for the last two hours and cannot get the BUG mod to work properly with Fall Further (v041D) anymore. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

Some of the components of BUG aren't working correctly with Fall from Heaven at the moment - mostly related to the PLE (the unit configurations that you mentioned). Basically it was causing endless Python errors when a unit was upgraded using spells or by combat.

We're adding pieces back as we get chance, but odds are that the PLE won't be coming back at all. Kael had the PLE in the main mod for a while before it was part of BUG, but had to remove it for a different reason - we've tried adding it again now and still can't get it to work smoothly with FfH.

We did keep Civ4lerts and the updated advisor screens - after FfH033 is released we'll go back to working on the main interface (FfH033 is going to change the interface significantly anyway, so there's no point trying to update before that as it'll need to be redone anyway).

@Vehem

Thanks for the quick reply. I see what you mean about the PLE. Its a nice feature, but not critical regarding gameplay. Have you heard from Kael on when FfH2v033 may be released?

Oh Btw, I really appreciate your work on Fall Further. I'm a huge fan and hope there's more to come. Keep up the great work!

@Vehem

Thanks for the quick reply. I see what you mean about the PLE. Its a nice feature, but not critical regarding gameplay. Have you heard from Kael on when FfH2v033 may be released?

Should be on the 15th August (Friday after next) - the changelog is in the main FfH forum - here

Oh Btw, I really appreciate your work on Fall Further. I'm a huge fan and hope there's more to come. Keep up the great work!

Thanks - there's definitely more to come (there's two minds working on it now and that seems to be producing plenty of new ideas).

hi there vehem. just wanted to give my 2 cents on FF041D main screen: it looks awesome, but imho the big "title" should be in the top half of the screen instead of at the bottom right... as it is now, it took me about 30 seconds to figure out there actually IS a title in the main screen :lol: and that makes it look so "empty" ... it's clearly just a very minor thing indeed, but since it should be extremely quick to change I felt like I would mention it here. BTW, patch D is awesome, keep up the good work ;)

[to_xp]Gekko;7111656 said:
hi there vehem. just wanted to give my 2 cents on FF041D main screen: it looks awesome, but imho the big "title" should be in the top half of the screen instead of at the bottom right... as it is now, it took me about 30 seconds to figure out there actually IS a title in the main screen :lol: and that makes it look so "empty" ... it's clearly just a very minor thing indeed, but since it should be extremely quick to change I felt like I would mention it here. BTW, patch D is awesome, keep up the good work ;)

Thanks - I did try it at the top originally, but it seemed to obscure the "fire in the sky" and is also quite hard to see against the lighter background (which could be resolved by making it darker and losing the "fire" effect).

The "Fire in the Sky" looked just like Bhall's fall - she's plummeting from the heavens causing that fire, with other angels and pieces of her vault falling before her. The city in the centre would be the Bannor city shortly before being smashed through creation and into hell, leaving the crater that the orcs call "Braduk the Burning" (do we know the name of the Bannor city that was destroyed?)

In anycase - that's just my interpretation on the artwork - it's certainly not what it was originally supposed to be.

whoops - that post should have gone into FF main thread... well who cares :D

so now I see your point about placing the title in a hard to reach position, it definitely WOULD obscure the picture if placed at the top... but I can live with the current screen anyway ;)

[to_xp]Gekko;7111683 said:
whoops - that post should have gone into FF main thread... well who cares :D

Heh - no problem. I'm going to let this one die off now and drift to the bottom of the board. I've already got one 2000+ post thread, don't want to be greedy :D

Top Bottom