BUG Mod shows in HUD the default unit button only ?

xaster

Warlord
Hi all,
I just getting startet with BUG Mod and wondering about the HUD buttons.
I add some custom unitartstyle for several Civs with custom untibuttons as well.
I can see this unitartstyle buttons at BTS without any problems.
After merge to BUG Mod i can see the custom unitartstyle buttons in city build menu and civilopedia
but not at the BUG HUD in Playscreen. There are the defaultUnit buttons from this unitclass always displayed :confused:
How can I change this in the BUG options or in the config files ?!
Thanks for help in advance.

I am quite sure there is an option in the BUG config files.... I will be fine if somebody can point me to that ;)

Just to explain that with an example:
I have a default Unit UNIT_JET_FIGHTER with an button.

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_JET_FIGHTER_A10</Type>
<Button>Art/Units/A10/Button.dds</Button>

<UnitInfo>
<Class>UNITCLASS_JET_FIGHTER</Class>
<Type>UNIT_JET_FIGHTER</Type>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_JET_FIGHTER_A10</EarlyArtDefineTag>

My Unitartstyle for RUS point to another Art with an own button

UnitArtstyle_RUS
<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_JET_FIGHTER</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_JET_FIGHTER_MIG21_RUS</EarlyArtDefineTag>

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_JET_FIGHTER_MIG21_RUS</Type>
<Button>art/UnitsStyleRussia/MIG21_Rus/Button.dds</Button>

But the BUG HUD shows me the default button of UNIT_JET_FIGHTER always...
the Unit itself is changed to MIG21.
Why BUG not use the defined button from ART_DEF_UNIT_JET_FIGHTER_MIG21_RUS ??? :mad::cry:
The Civ4 BTS HUD is follow this way.

Last edited:
BUG does not change the unit graphics whatsoever. Not the graphics and not the icons. Your problem stems from something else.

100% this is BUG related. in fact that BUG always use the default Unit Button and not what is set in the artfile for my unitartstyle.
Don't undersand this wrong. BUG HUD Display custom buttons yes, but all time for the default unit of the unitclass. If i use Unitartstyle the Unit/Button is different and unitclass Stay the same... BUG HUD just define the Button from the default Unit in a UnitClass. May this is a limitation from BUG because nobody have think about several unitartstyle Buttons.

I hope somebody can help me to tweak BUG for ajust this the right way to define the HUD Unit Button from the unitart path.....:sad:

Last edited:
At the risk of repeating myself, BUG does not touch the unit graphics or buttons in its HUD. The ONLY graphics that BUG actually does anything with that is different from standard BTS is the PLE buttons along the lower edge of the screen, and a couple of BUG related icons at the top left.

BUG has nothing to do with UnitArtStyle, or UnitClass XML. Your problem is somewhere else (like somewhere in the XML you're trying to edit). It is not with BUG.

@Lemon Merchant, you are a BUG Coder ??? explane me that .....

https://ibb.co/jkZs6k

Also the onscreen bubble ( button ) shows me the right button of MIG21
But BUG HUD shows A10 fighter

https://ibb.co/kmrfRk

As you can see in the Civilopedia the button is linked in XML correcly!!! It shows the MIG21 Model.
But in the BUG HUD is the button from the A10 loaded what is the default unit of UNITCLASS_JET_FIGHTER.
Do you understand what i want to explane?
The Civ4 BTS HUD shows the defined button from my XML.

The BUG Mod have a complete own HUD Interface and load the Buttons somewhere from XML definition or not ? My XML is correcly 100% because the Civilopedia and city build menu shows the MIG21 button.

Who can help me to find the BUG config who point to that HUD buttons ?

One more thing, maybe it have something to do with the worldbuilder. Because in that Civ4 tool is
the same handling visible. The worldbuilder shows always the same default unit class buttons
and nothing from the unitartstyles ....
https://ibb.co/kPyie5

may the BUG HUD load it in the same way.... but this a real ingame visual drawback :mad:

Just one more picture with the Civ4 BTS and correctly displayed button in the HUD
https://ibb.co/mqTYe5

Last edited:
Seems to be a matter of the updatePlotListButtons functions in CvMainInterface.py; see my answer here.

This is a solution and be found in the link above !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
And YES it is related to the BUG Code!

Top Bottom