Bug Report (English)

Thomas SG, I could transport a rifleman (and lateron also a settler) with a caravel, but the hover text says it can only transport scouts, Great Person etc. So, there is either a bug or the hover text is wrong.

What cargo concept are using? Standard or Advanced Cargo? If you are using the advanced system everything is fine. Have a look at the hover text. A caravel can carry 1 unit of the domain land and 1 unit of the special unit type people. So a standard caravel can carry for example one rifleman and one missionary at the same time.
The carack is better because there is no limitation for the second unit. It has two cargos of domain land.

If you are playing with the standard system it's bug.

Here are some pictures to show you. I think you will like them. ;) I've added three secret hints what I'm doing at the moment. :smoke:

Attachments

• Caravel 1.JPG
    Caravel 1.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Caravel 2.JPG
    Caravel 2.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Caravel 3.JPG
    Caravel 3.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 56
A few very first comments (after a few turns) regarding 4.29H+:

1.) My capital is size 3 with 6 (3x2) food, but it grows with +7. :confused: (Do I need less than 1 food per pop in the beginning?)

2.) I got the message that my borders(!) are about to expand, but they didn't (since I play with this new culture spread feature, culture might spread more slowly, but maybe you should adjust the messages to the new system (e.g. "you reached a new culture level" or something similar, or better: the "border"-message comes when the border actually pops (not the culture)).

3.) I remember that in the early versions of RevDCM (and CCV?) the (second) stage (first change of description) of a city was "City State" (when single and reaching pop 3), now it is "Empire". IMO "City State" for a single city with pop 3 would be better. "Empire" sounds "bigger".
(I noticed that in the previous versions, but always forgot to mention it.)

1) Shouldn't happen. Maybe I needed to add a new plot update somewhere in the code. I'll search for it. A save could be useful here.

2) Didn't think about it. Took this code part from AND without to notice this problem. On the list...

3) I decided to kick the city state out because I thought it gives you additional information. But as I know now that's not true. My fault. I'll bring back the city state when I rework DCN again for the new civics. Task for the future, but not urgent for now.

I discovered a problem (though, I hadn't realized this issue until numerous turns later) where I had managed to get in contact with a civilization from across the ocean before such a thing was possible. Long before. In turn, they placed me in contact with many others who I should not have been in contact with.

I only discovered the impossibility of the situation at a much later point in the game after having purchased their world map from them, it showing no connection to anything but that area.

I also seem to be unable to suggest tech trades although I have both technology trading and brokering on. The AI is able to negotiate trades with me, just not the reverse. They also seem to be able to negotiate and deal amongst themselves just fine, placing a rather hefty handicap on me.

Sounds like an imported bug from AND/Advanced Diplomacy. On the list...

I've found a bug, I got a random event where a melomangic (or something like that) computer guy had done something, and that a number of Automatons would spawn in my border. I looked, but I saw no Automatons in my borders, or anywhere in fact. I saved, and pressed next turn. The game crashed. I loaded my save, but before it's loaded, the game crashes. I've tried it three times, and all crashed before it was loaded. Here's the savegame:

http://rapidshare.com/files/434302925/Ouwerkerk_AD-1997-July.CivBeyondSwordSave

EDIT: Perhaps I know how to fix it, the Great Wall, and all other wonders, are still active... I will try wether it works if I disable the Great Wall for a single turn.

EDIT2: Well, I obsoleted it, but it still crashed.

Oh, good news. This is easy to fix. Even for your running game! The event calls the UNIT_AUTOMATIONS but this unit is not existing in CCV. It's there in Next War but not here. Please go to the Community Civ folder and navigate to Assets/Python/EntryPoints and open CvRandomEventInterface.py. You can edit the file with a common text editor. Search for UNIT_AUTOMATIONS and replace it with UNIT_CLONEWARRIOR. Save the changes. That should do it.

Ah, thank you. I just continued playing with an autosave from a few turns earlier, but I'll edit the file anyway. Thanks.

What cargo concept are using? Standard or Advanced Cargo? If you are using the advanced system everything is fine. Have a look at the hover text. A caravel can carry 1 unit of the domain land and 1 unit of the special unit type people. So a standard caravel can carry for example one rifleman and one missionary at the same time.
The carack is better because there is no limitation for the second unit. It has two cargos of domain land.

If you are playing with the standard system it's bug.

Here are some pictures to show you. I think you will like them. ;) I've added three secret hints what I'm doing at the moment. :smoke:
Ah, thanks. Then everything is okay. I use the Advanced Cargo System - I always try to play with as many new features as possible... ;)

Looking at the pictures I think I discovered one hint: You are adding new art for the Greeks!?!? Yeah! :D :goodjob: But the other two... :confused: Well, I will continue searching for them! A nice distraction until the next version/patch is released. :)

Ah, thanks. Then everything is okay. I use the Advanced Cargo System - I always try to play with as many new features as possible... ;)

Looking at the pictures I think I discovered one hint: You are adding new art for the Greeks!?!? Yeah! :D :goodjob: But the other two... :confused: Well, I will continue searching for them! A nice distraction until the next version/patch is released. :)

You are just looking for one more hint! I thought that you would stop searching if you see two new unit arts and so I wrote three hints. So, all that glitters is not gold.

1) Shouldn't happen. Maybe I needed to add a new plot update somewhere in the code. I'll search for it. A save could be useful here.

2) Didn't think about it. Took this code part from AND without to notice this problem. On the list...

3) I decided to kick the city state out because I thought it gives you additional information. But as I know now that's not true. My fault. I'll bring back the city state when I rework DCN again for the new civics. Task for the future, but not urgent for now.
1.) Sorry, forgot to post a save. :hammer2: I started a new game (had to try the new perfectworld map) and got the same issue again: I have a size 1 city with 5 food, but it grows with +9. I think I see the formula 5- -4 = 9 in the city screen. So we have that minus twice (and - x - = +), so the +9 is mathematically corect. But I think it should have only one minus, or did you change something. I attach the save (4.29H+).

2.) + 3.) Thanks, I appreciate that.

Attachments

• CellKu BC-3960CCV.CivBeyondSwordSave
    44.8 KB · Views: 50
You are just looking for one more hint! I thought that you would stop searching if you see two new unit arts and so I wrote three hints. So, all that glitters is not gold.
:D Thanks for your hint regarding the hint! ;) I hadn't paid attention to the resources...

:D Thanks for your hint regarding the hint! ;) I hadn't paid attention to the resources...

It's sulphur. Needed for early gun units and later with oil products for pharmaceutical products, chemicals and explosives in the chemical factory. And those may be needed for ammunition, electronic parts, aluminum, nuclear fuel, ... :mischief: I'm talking too much.

It's sulphur. Needed for early gun units and later with oil products for pharmaceutical products, chemicals and explosives in the chemical factory. And those may be needed for ammunition, electronic parts, aluminum, nuclear fuel, ... :mischief: I'm talking too much.
Oh, nice! CCV gets so much more complex... :D (a civ version of Hearts of Iron?? just kidding) ;)
You mentioned pharmaceutical products?!? Very interesting, probably to fight :yuck: ?

By the way did you have a look at the new resource mod that The Lopez is working on right now? I am not sure about its progress and some of its features might be to much micro-oriented, but maybe some of its features might be interesting for CCV.

Oh, and one thing, since we are in the bug thread: Would it be possible to make the menues in the "custom game" screen less transparent? It is a bit confusing right now.

In the H version, the build library quest is borked. You need to build X libraries before the Renaissance, but the tech for libraries advances to the Renaissance.

I discovered a problem (though, I hadn't realized this issue until numerous turns later) where I had managed to get in contact with a civilization from across the ocean before such a thing was possible. Long before. In turn, they placed me in contact with many others who I should not have been in contact with.

I only discovered the impossibility of the situation at a much later point in the game after having purchased their world map from them, it showing no connection to anything but that area.

I've checked that. I can't repair the damage for a running game. I maybe could but that would be a waste of my time. Sorry. But I can repair the damage for new games. You must replace the DLL of version 4.29H+ with the new attached DLL and edit the UNIT_MIGRANT in CIV4UnitInfos.xml. The UNIT_MIGRANT must be set bInvisible = 1 (true) instead of 0.

That should do it. Maybe even the edit of the unit will be enough.

I also seem to be unable to suggest tech trades although I have both technology trading and brokering on. The AI is able to negotiate trades with me, just not the reverse. They also seem to be able to negotiate and deal amongst themselves just fine, placing a rather hefty handicap on me.

You are absolutly right. There is a ! missing in the code. This missing ! will hide the options in the diplo screen for you although tech trade is possible (for all non human players). The attached DLL will solve it for 4.29H+ even for running games.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
Oh, nice! CCV gets so much more complex... :D (a civ version of Hearts of Iron?? just kidding) ;)
You mentioned pharmaceutical products?!? Very interesting, probably to fight :yuck: ?

To fight? No, that was not my idea. But that's interesting. In combination with biological and chemical combat this could be interesting. :hmm: We should keep that in mind for a later use. In 4.29H++ pharmaceutical products will the population just make :health: and :). I thought that could be better as we can spread medicine around the world without to have to discover medicine everywhere or the need of special infrastructure.

By the way did you have a look at the new resource mod that The Lopez is working on right now? I am not sure about its progress and some of its features might be to much micro-oriented, but maybe some of its features might be interesting for CCV.

No, I didn't know the mod until you mentioned it. I'll keep watching it.

Oh, and one thing, since we are in the bug thread: Would it be possible to make the menues in the "custom game" screen less transparent? It is a bit confusing right now.

I just can make it everywhere less transparent.

In the H version, the build library quest is borked. You need to build X libraries before the Renaissance, but the tech for libraries advances to the Renaissance.

Sorry. You see - I don't play. I didn't know this event. Now that I know I'll repair it.

To fight? No, that was not my idea. But that's interesting. In combination with biological and chemical combat this could be interesting. :hmm: We should keep that in mind for a later use. In 4.29H++ pharmaceutical products will the population just make :health: and :).
Sorry, that was a misunderstanding. I wanted to say "fight unhealthiness" (= :yuck: ). But if that misunderstanding gave you another idea for an interesting new concept, then :goodjob:
I just can make it everywhere less transparent.
I would appreciate that.

Btw, have you already posted 4.29H++?

Btw, have you already posted 4.29H++?

No. Is :santa2: today? :D I think I've solved all reported bugs but I'm still fighting with the advanced "Bonus Production by Buildings" code. I noticed some trouble if resources have gone away by trade or have been added by trade. So import and export is still a bit buggy. :cry: I'm writing additional code at the moment to solve it and to support multiple production with one basic resource. But all art and XML stuff is done. So it's just the code.
And I have to add more of your greek art. :mischief: All greek unit art until early gun units era is created but must be added to the various XML files.

Playing the latest version, two possible bugs.
1)

My borders have most certainly not expanded, i do have advanced culture spread or whatever its called on, so it may be that.

2)

The animals seem to have declared war on me, also the boarders of Moscow have yet to expand.

No save, sorry:blush:

Admiral Armada, regarding the first issue you mentioned (adv. culture), Thomas SG said he will look into it.
The second one, IIRC, is a feature: animals are now able to enter borders.

Top Bottom