Bug Report (English)

Why would that leave visible cultural borders around the ruins of a city that is destroyed?

How should I know? :)
It's just that the explanation you gave reminded me of this option ... it doesn't have to be.

1) I'll check that.
2) Game option! Have a look for the more Realistic Culture Spread. But the culture around destroyed cities must be checked.

EDIT: You are right. The code for 1) got lost during the development. Don't ask me when and why. I've added it again.
EDIT2: This is a side effect of GAMEOPTION_PEACE_FIXES_BORDERS. I told you it's experimental. ;) I've rewritten the code to avoid the problem.

Hi!

I'm currently playing with 4.36A. No CTD! :) Fingers crossed.
But. I am not sure if I am missing something or not, but there is no sulphur on the whole map. And also no chemicals. Just researched chemistry.
Why is it?

Btw it is a great gaming experience to play with this mod!

Hi!

I'm currently playing with 4.36A. No CTD! :) Fingers crossed.
But. I am not sure if I am missing something or not, but there is no sulphur on the whole map. And also no chemicals. Just researched chemistry.
Why is it?

Btw it is a great gaming experience to play with this mod!

Chemicals are a manufactured bonus. That's okay. But if there is really no sulphur we still got a problem here. Really none? In all test there was sulphur. It's very similar to gold. If there is really none please upload your save. So I can see your settings.

And I think I've found the reason for the XML errors. And if I'm right you can ignore them. They should have no influence. But it's for sure better to use the new DLL 4.36C until the release of the next official patch.

4.36C should solve:

- XML errors
- the terrain promotions after combat
- the wrong plot owner calculation if playing with "peace fixes borders" option

File attached to this post!

Attachments

• CCV 4.36C_CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 138
  • More Sulphur_CIV4BonusInfos.rar
    3.8 KB · Views: 144
Chemicals are a manufactured bonus. That's okay. But if there is really no sulphur we still got a problem here. Really none? In all test there was sulphur. It's very similar to gold. If there is really none please upload your save. So I can see your settings.

And I think I've found the reason for the XML errors. And if I'm right you can ignore them. They should have no influence. But it's for sure better to use the new DLL 4.36C until the release of the next official patch.

4.36C should solve:

- XML errors
- the terrain promotions after combat
- the wrong plot owner calculation if playing with "peace fixes borders" option

File attached to this post!

OK, here goes the save. Btw, as you mentioned it I checked and there is no gold, silver and bauxit either on the map.

Another question. If I start using the new DLL, can I continue a saved game that was saved in 4.36A?

Thanks,

Attachments

• Lakeiron AD-1350.CivBeyondSwordSave
    317.1 KB · Views: 134
Yes, you can. The new files won't break your game. They will just solve some problems. But the rare random CTD is still there. Had a CTD in a test some seconds ago. :cry: Maybe the new save will show me what's going wrong here.

Fantastic!

And I have found a reason for the massive slow down. The new code I've written is much faster. I think you will really notice an effect. But because of a new global vector this may be no more compatible with save games. DLL 4.37 is attached!

Attachments

• CCV 4.37_CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 144
I don't think so. I've improved some code but there was no critical code part. Would be a surprise. The new DLL is just faster. But I'm still searching and testing. But the smaller the map the harder to get the CTD. And most of the time the CTD disappears after a reload. And that is the main problem. I've got no idea where it comes from.

So if you got a game with a small map (S or smaller) and just a few players and a reproduceable CTD give it to me!

Once again I've found a bug. Maybe the load times are reduced now. And once again I've improved some code for better performance. The effect grows with the number of hurt units. So it's very useful for bigger maps with many units, if there is war or if you are playing with feature and terrain damage.

Attachments

• CCV 4.38_CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 160
Ok, i'm playing with v4.36A (i've just now discovered new dll which fix XML errors, thanks!)

My crashes always after 1750, i've uploaded a savegame

BTW, wow, this is the best civ experience i've played so far, polished, full of features and steamlined in the same time! :crazyeye::goodjob:

Go! Improve it more and more!

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1750.rar
    484.6 KB · Views: 163
Another game, another CTD (after 1775) this time with the 4.38 dll

it seems i cant reach the modern age

damn this modpack is the best i've played and can't play it till the end!!:cry:

i've uploaded this other save

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1775.rar
    381.9 KB · Views: 99
I know. Most of the time it happens even earlier. It's one of the major problems of CCV. But all I can do is to inspect the new code parts and analyse save games. But all I know at the moment is that it comes from a unit action or AI calculation. That's it. And I know that the slow down of CCV doesn't come from the units. And it doesn't depend on the number of units.

And so I'll spend my evening now with the search for the CTD.

I know. Most of the time it happens even earlier. It's one of the major problems of CCV. But all I can do is to inspect the new code parts and analyse save games. But all I know at the moment is that it comes from a unit action or AI calculation. That's it. And I know that the slow down of CCV doesn't come from the units. And it doesn't depend on the number of units.

And so I'll spend my evening now with the search for the CTD.

if the CCV would have been a mediocre project, the CTD wouldn't matter, i would just switch to another modpack and play with it. The problem, as i already said, is that CCV is a lot awesome, and i can't now play another mod in any means... so or you fix these CTD, or you'll have destroyed a civ player life forever :p

yeye joking, good luck with the bug hunting :D

Thomas!

Here I have something that might be interesting for you. After you load this save and order your worker to continue its farm, there is a CTD. Every time.

Hope it helps,
Tofe

PS: I gave it a last try, and there was no CTD, but the next turn it came...

Attachments

• Lakeiron BC-3120.CivBeyondSwordSave
    54 KB · Views: 177
The DLL seems to be throwing exceptions when handling Build Actions on plots outside borders that involve the removal of Features.

Strangely enough it only seems to happen after the player has founded the first city.

I'll check that. But I fear it's not coming from the build command. If you modify the steps between the unit actions you can even give two times the build command without the CTD or even finish the turn with all desired unit actions without any CTD. I think the CTD is happening when the game goes to the next unit. But I have no idea what code part controlls this. And I don't think that it was changed my me or RevDCM.

Hi Thomas:
Thank you for all this wonderful work that you and your team is accomplishing.
I am unable to find version 4.36c on the three dowload sites to which the link takes me. They are still showing as version 4.36A. Is this a typo?
Also, is there an option to play the game with reduced graphics so that speed can be enhanced, as it is in Phungus's Legends of Revolution?
Thanks,
Kuppai

Top Bottom