Bug Report

I finally fixed It :crazyeye:
Well I was wrong - it was caused by the game speed I altered...
Sorry for taking your time...but I always change the game speed as it is usually to fast for me and never encountered any problems...this time it was the cause of the crash.

I finally fixed It :crazyeye:
Well I was wrong - it was caused by the game speed I altered...
Sorry for taking your time...but I always change the game speed as it is usually to fast for me and never encountered any problems...this time it was the cause of the crash.

What exactly you did that caused it? It would be nice to know for the future. What were the settings?

Well it took me few hours to figured out what I did wrong, as I replaced the altered file and did not know precisely what were the settings, so I had to play with that file for a while to replicate the bug...but finally i think I found it: I must had accidentally set one of the iMonthIncrement values to a number not divisible by 12, my guess is I misspelled 120 for 210.
One more time sorry for taking your time and congratulation on an awesome mod!

We've been playing this mod multiplayer for a couple weeks and are very happy so far. Props on an awesome mod!

We experienced a strange culture bug here... The American city "Boston" in this save has accumulated 25000 culture after just researching Iron Working. The other major cities in the game have a max culture of 2500 or 3000. Maybe we're just going insane? :crazyeye:

Here's the save if you have a moment to look:

Attachments

• American Boston Crazy Culture.CivBeyondSwordSave
    465.9 KB · Views: 62
Well for example, in Boston, there are no great artists present. (This could be the case)

In the civilopedia it says a great artist can generate a work of art. A 2000-6000 culture boost. This would mean they would have had to add approx 23000 culture from this ability.

25000(total culture now)-2000(generous culture amount, they also have mob justice in there)

25000-2000=23000

I find it exceedingly unlikely that they received 5-6 great artists. Washington is the only city where they can produce a great artist at a 25% chance.

Another variable that disturbs me is the fact that the holy city for a religion was re-founded in the American city Atlanta. The original was destroyed from the Carthaginians. Unless this spawned 5-6 great artists, I'm at a loss for how to explain this.

Great Artists generate more culture in RI than in vanilla Civ4, to match increased amounts needed for a cultural victory and more culture-producing buildings. I can't check right now, but I'd put it around 20000 for a big map.

Sorry if this is such a n00b issue but I recently found this mod and it is pretty much everything I want in Civ. However I'm having MAF issues even though I've tweaked everything down to low graphics, small maps, 6 civs and the like. I can barely develop gunpowder. What is irritating is most mods if I save a lot and reboot after a crash, I can continue playing slowly. Not so w/this mod.

When I look up MAF error fixes, there is these huge thread starting back in 2007! Most of it seems to be more centered on Win XP. Is there a step-by-step fix/work-around for those with Vista in one place so I don't have to go through 10 pages of IT types arguing back and forth which way is best?

I mean while my system is a bit old, I have upgraded it a lot and it is a Vista 64 bit system so I'm surprised that I get MAF errors so early and with small maps and only 6 civs.

Any idea how to solve 'runtime errors'?
-
EDIT
-
Runtime errors when you try to play on the World Map, that is.
It says the 'application tries to use runtime in an unusual way' when I try to play the world map. I already tried different civilations/speeds/time. :S

Cows, potatoes, sheep, bananas and some other food resources are listed under the 'general' resource tab (When you click display resources, click 'general' instead of everything). Shouldn't they be food like in BtS?

Hello there. I stumbled upon your mod recently and was very much intrigued. But my gameplay was ruined by a rather annoying problem.
I have a local version of Civ4 installed (Russian) and it does funny things with languages in mods. If I try to use English language as a default language, I see instead a crazy mix of French and English, French by most. And in some cases (e. g. in some articles in sevopedia) the text is absent at all.
If I use Russian language, I get English/Russian mix instead (it is Russian for original BTS texts and English for those added by mod; this simple rule doesn't apply to French/English problem). I at least can read Russian (I barely can read French), so it is playable, though unpleasant. I play some other mods this way. But here another problem appears. RI uses original city names, which means that when Russian language is on, AI takes city names translated into Russian. On the world map they appear in unreadable symbols - font problem, I think (names of those units, which are taken from original BTS, e. g. work boat are unreadable as well). For me it is so frustrating that it ruins my gameplay experience.
As I understand, there is absolutely nothing you can do with the fact that Russian version doesn't support fonts you use. But may be you have some advice regarding the first half of the problem? I think it should be connected with language tags - the way, how they work in Russian version is not really compatible with your mod. Can it be fixed somehow? It is really frustrating because all text I need is there - I just can't get it on screen.
Or may be I should learn French. I learned English in part by playing Civ1 about 15 years ago.

Hello there. I stumbled upon your mod recently and was very much intrigued. But my gameplay was ruined by a rather annoying problem.
I have a local version of Civ4 installed (Russian) and it does funny things with languages in mods. If I try to use English language as a default language, I see instead a crazy mix of French and English, French by most. And in some cases (e. g. in some articles in sevopedia) the text is absent at all.
If I use Russian language, I get English/Russian mix instead (it is Russian for original BTS texts and English for those added by mod; this simple rule doesn't apply to French/English problem). I at least can read Russian (I barely can read French), so it is playable, though unpleasant. I play some other mods this way. But here another problem appears. RI uses original city names, which means that when Russian language is on, AI takes city names translated into Russian. On the world map they appear in unreadable symbols - font problem, I think (names of those units, which are taken from original BTS, e. g. work boat are unreadable as well). For me it is so frustrating that it ruins my gameplay experience.
As I understand, there is absolutely nothing you can do with the fact that Russian version doesn't support fonts you use. But may be you have some advice regarding the first half of the problem? I think it should be connected with language tags - the way, how they work in Russian version is not really compatible with your mod. Can it be fixed somehow? It is really frustrating because all text I need is there - I just can't get it on screen.
Or may be I should learn French. I learned English in part by playing Civ1 about 15 years ago.

I know this is a common problem with Russian Civ 4. I think here's an utility that can help with that: http://www.civfanatics.ru/threads/7843-Универсальный-конвертер-и-обновитель-модов

Thank you very much, it helped. I suspected that there must be a fix but was unable to find it.

Great work guys. I really like most of the changes you made.

Here are two small bugs I noticed:

* Doctrine - Artillery School is still shown in the tech tree.
* Ranged Attack Mode and Bombard are both on the B Hotkey.

Wired thing is happening with AI cities. I noticed that some AI cities were really small compared to the ages. at first I just pushed it off unit I starting putting points into espionage and I found some wired things happening in some German cities that might be the cause of the really small AI cities. save game attached. Had to zip it because of size.

Seems that the AI is for some reason starving its cities down to really small cities sizes.

Attachments

• QuickSave.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 70
Something seems to be wrong with the balance calculation, not sue what it is. According to the balance I'm making several hundred, but in fact I'm loosing money.

Renaissance Era, running Federalism, Bureaucracy, Hired Labor, Free Market, State Atheism. Just did a big expansion settling another continent.

Top Bottom