Bug report

Shabbaman

rebuffing the rebels
I get email reports from the threads I've subscribed to (that's good), but, since a few weeks or so, I get an email every time someone adds a post (instead of: There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the board again.) so...

Just wanted to mention it. Keep up the good work.

Same here. But this only happens about 50% of the time. I was going to report it but forgot. It usually happens in OT threads with high post volume for me.

I think it's because how the fora update threads as read... From what I've observed, when you're logged in, every once in a while, all fora get marked as read. Thus, if the marking occures between two new posts in a thread, both of which you haven't read, you'll end up with two emails.

Just a theory, though. :)

I don't think it's a bug. The email notification feature was added in the first few version of vB.. I would be very surprised if the bug is still not fixed after so many versions....

No really, it DID work correct before, but not anymore since...well...may be since CFC upgraded to a new vB version, if I recall it right...

It's been my experience that the system sends out only one e-mail when you aren't logged in. When you are logged in, it will send a notification e-mail every time there is a new post to a subscribed thread. It has done this for me since I became a member, back in February. I figured it's just the way things are.

Top Bottom