Bug Reporting

Well that explains it, the file wasn't even there. I had uninstalled BUG to add 4.1 and didn't think to check the BULL files in case I had to replace something there.

Ah, yes when you uninstalled BUG it removed all the BULL files (except the DLL itself). Make sure you recopy all the BULL files and not just that one I pointed out.

Ah, yes when you uninstalled BUG it removed all the BULL files (except the DLL itself). Make sure you recopy all the BULL files and not just that one I pointed out.

Yes, I had copied over everything but that one apparently. Sorry for bothering you, and thanks again for that new city screen. That really opens up my game, it should be interesting playing with 18 corporations. It's always bugged me that once you trade a single commodity to someone that's it. Trading is going to be alot more dynamic now.

So Sevopedia won't shut off. I realized that I was mistaken about there being a relation to the 11 available GameFont slots and Sevopedia screwing up. I've actually only added 10 corporations so far, as soon as I add the 11th, the fonts start messing up. So the problem lies somewhere else. I tried to do a test to see whether it was an actual game problem or just Sevopedia, but I can't shut it off to make sure. It should be possible to be able to add as many corporations as I want if I reuse the same icon, but Sevopedia won't let me.

So Sevopedia won't shut off.

You must restart BTS after changing that setting and a few other advisor settings. Once you restart BTS you must be in a game to see non-Sevopedia. If you open the Civilopedia from the MAIN MENU, BUG hasn't had a chance to initialize yet and it assumes you want Sevopedia. Just start/load a game and you should see the normal Civillopedia.

@bcring - I don't see anything in the debug log (though it cuts off early) to suggest a problem. The error log shows this:

Code:
ImportError: No module named CvGameInterface

But the debug log shows that module is present or at least BTS thinks it's present. See that it's in

BUG Mod 4.1/Assets/Python/EntryPoints​

I don't think that's the problem, though. If there is a PublicMaps folder in BUG Mod 4.1, rename it to PrivateMaps. Again, this shouldn't be the problem.

Can you post a save that exhibits the problems? I'll try loading it up here.

You must restart BTS after changing that setting and a few other advisor settings. Once you restart BTS you must be in a game to see non-Sevopedia. If you open the Civilopedia from the MAIN MENU, BUG hasn't had a chance to initialize yet and it assumes you want Sevopedia. Just start/load a game and you should see the normal Civillopedia.

Yes, I tried that and I still ended up with Sevopedia. I had to uninstall BUG in order to determine whether the problem I was encountering was BUG related or just the game. It turned out to be just the game. For some reason, as soon as you add more than 10 new corporations, the icons get shifted down 1 row in the GameFonts_75 file even if two or more of those corporations are sharing the same icon. So I guess I'll have to settle for just those 10.

BTW, your 4.1 uninstaller doesn't. The only thing it did was remove itself. I had to remove my Custom Assets folder manually in order to get rid of BUG.

@bcring - I don't see anything in the debug log (though it cuts off early) to suggest a problem. The error log shows this:

Code:
ImportError: No module named CvGameInterface

But the debug log shows that module is present or at least BTS thinks it's present. See that it's in

BUG Mod 4.1/Assets/Python/EntryPoints​

I don't think that's the problem, though. If there is a PublicMaps folder in BUG Mod 4.1, rename it to PrivateMaps. Again, this shouldn't be the problem.

Can you post a save that exhibits the problems? I'll try loading it up here.

Thanks for the assistance.

I tried two things to see if I could get it to work, and neither worked. The first: I noticed in the BUG Mod 4.1/Assets/Python/EntryPoints folder that "CvGameInterface" file did not exists, but rather a "CvGameInterfaceFile" did exist. I tried changing the name to remove the "File" part at the end. This did not work. The second: I tried changing PublicMaps to PrivateMaps, and as you suspected this did not work.

Attached here is a save. Also I have spoilered a screenshot of what it looks like when the error occurs. When doing multiplayer I use the "Internet Games" option. I load the game save, select my civ (in this case, India), and click "Launch". The game starts to load, but part way through the loading screen the screen goes black and does this:

Spoiler :

Once again, this does not occur when starting a new internet game, and it does not occur at all when playing single player.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Test.CivBeyondSwordSave
    175.1 KB · Views: 49
@bcring - I am able to load your saved game. After selecting India, guessing your password, and starting the game I get to the map view showing cities in the background. A window pops up immediately saying it is waiting for another player and I can vote to wait or save the game.

Given that, I suggest backing up all your saved games and settings in the BUG Mod 4.1/UserSettings folder and then uninstalling and reinstalling BTS and BUG from scratch. Yes, it's extreme, but a crash to desktop like you're getting when it doesn't happen for me means the saved game and BUG are fine. I suspect BTS has become corrupted somehow.

EmperorFool, I appreciate all of the help you've been giving me.

This issue just took another strange turn. I un-installed BTS, BUG, Blue Marble, and completely re-installed all of them. I try to load up this game and I get the error. However, I think I narrowed down a temporary work-around solution (at least for me). If I load a single player game, exit that game, and then load the multi-player game, it appears to work. However, when I exit to main menu, and then click the "Exit Game" button, I get a C++ runtime error.

So, it technically works if I load a single player game first, but there is still something funky about it. This solution seems acceptable to me for the time being, but just thought I'd let you know what was happening.

So, it technically works if I load a single player game first, but there is still something funky about it. This solution seems acceptable to me for the time being, but just thought I'd let you know what was happening.

That's very strange! I'm glad you have a work-around and can play your games at least. I wonder if new games you start will have this same issue or if it's just this current game that somehow doesn't work for you but works for me. Good luck!

So getting back to the problem I was running into, if you could somehow find out what's causing it and fix it in BULL that would be awesome. I consider it a bug myself, there should be no reason why I can't add as many corporations as I want if they're doubling up on the icons. Especially since there's actually still room for one more in the GameFonts file. I haven't tried adding another religion to see if that causes the problem as well.

So getting back to the problem I was running into, if you could somehow find out what's causing it and fix it in BULL that would be awesome. I consider it a bug myself, there should be no reason why I can't add as many corporations as I want if they're doubling up on the icons. Especially since there's actually still room for one more in the GameFonts file. I haven't tried adding another religion to see if that causes the problem as well.

I'm a bit too busy to work on random non-BUG/BULL things at the moment. Too bad the WoC guys aren't around any more as they had expanded the icons and might know how that section of code works (or where it is). You could try enlisting the help of one of the other SDK modders that have been active lately in the SDK forum.

Too bad the WoC guys aren't around any more as they had expanded the icons and might know how that section of code works (or where it is).

You could always try johny smith. He was working on the GameFonts file so he might know. I'm not asking you to expand that file BTW, just fix it so the icons don't screw up if someone adds more corporations/religions.

Hi guys, us Mac users have found a new bug. Here is the discussion.

Anyway, the trouble is from dot-mapping. It appears that there is a bug in the source code Aspyr compiled when addColoredPlotAlt() (Alan talks about addColoredPlot() but upon checking I know he means addColoredPlotAlt().) This causes a crash that happens at random, but many users have reported the same crash. I looked at the BtS API and found addColoredPlot(), which seems the same as alt except it gets the colors in a different manner.

I am hoping that this code is not screwed up, so I thought if the file could be changed to use addColoredPlot(), we could avoid this bug. I was wondering if you could offer any help/insight on this?

Thanks for the help and all of your hard work! (esp. dealing with use Mac users! :D )

Not sure if this has been reported, but a fix is not checked into the SVN.

Code:
	def selectGroup(self, iID, bShift, bCtrl, bAlt):
		pUnit = self.listPLEButtons[iID][0]
		# check if the unit has been selected from the city screen
		bCityUp = CyInterface().isCityScreenUp()		
		if not (self.pActPlotListUnit):
			self.pActPlotListUnit = CyInterface().getHeadSelectedUnit()
			[B]self.pActPlotListGroup = self.pActPlotListUnit.getGroupID()[/B]
Bolded code throws an exception when clicking on a unit in a city. You can just click ignore and the game continues on, with no noticeable problems, but figure you'd want to correct the exception. Specifically the message is:
'NoneType' Object has no attribute 'getGroupID'

Edit:
Unrelated, and could be considered "not a bug" but seems like one to me. The advanced sentry actions, when you "Heal and Sentry", the button on the unit doesn't signify healing, if it's a unit that can fortify it gets a fortify button, and if it can't, it shows it's sleeping. This should really be getting the healing cross instead, as it's basically a heal function since the unit wakes up when done healing.

Edit2:
This one is pretty serious, as it means I couldn't check to see who built a wonder. Normally you can check the info screen in the Top 5 Cities category, and it'll give you a rundown of where all the wonders are. No such luck with this version of BUG & BULL. I am playing LoR using a RevDCM core, but have cross checked the python with the latest BUG svn. Most of the python is exactly the same, as it comes from BUG, and this function is exactly the same, the only variations in this file are clean lines of code to deal with some revolution items, none of which relate to drawing a wonder, or this python Exception.

Here is the problem code in CvInfoScreen.py
Code:
	def drawWondersList_BUG(self):
		for iWonderLoop in range(self.iNumWonders):

#			self.aaWondersBuilt_BUG contains the following:
			iTurnYearBuilt = self.aaWondersBuilt_BUG[iWonderLoop][0]
			iWonderType = self.aaWondersBuilt_BUG[iWonderLoop][1]
			bKnown = self.aaWondersBuilt_BUG[iWonderLoop][2]
			sCivilization = self.aaWondersBuilt_BUG[iWonderLoop][3]
			pCity = self.aaWondersBuilt_BUG[iWonderLoop][4]
			iPlayer = self.aaWondersBuilt_BUG[iWonderLoop][5]

[B]color = gc.getPlayerColorInfo(gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).getPlayerColor()).getColorTypePrimary()[/B]
Bolded line is causing the exception. The specific error message is as follows:
'None Type' object has no attribute 'getColorTypePrimary'

false alarm just let me try something else ;)

Hi guys

i recently uninstalled bat mod 1.2 and installed bat mode 2. but when i start Bts it crushes right away and doesnt start. when i uninstall bat mode, it works fine. any help?

i . . . installed bat mode 2. but when i start Bts it crushes right away and doesnt start.

Have you patched BTS to 3.19? Please check the Troubleshooting page and post your answers to its questions here.

Top Bottom