Bug Reports and Technical Issues

There seems to be something strange going on during autoplay sometimes. Sometimes nothing actually happens, other times I only start with a catapult in Antarctica and nothing else, the only constant seems to be a dozen Python error messages during autplay, something about a Python thingy not matching up with a signature in C++? I can't seem to be able to reproduce this, I got it twice in my modmod as Phoenicia but when I tried Phoenicia in DoC nothing happened, but trying Ethiopia in DoC it happened again. I attached all the logs from the Ethiopia run, DoC Git version without new tech tree.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    127.1 KB · Views: 68
I think I know what you mean, that is a very annoying bug that I have also been unable to figure out. Might give it another try sometime though.

Thanks for all the reports with good data to debug from though, I'm still busy but I keep my (ever growing) to do lists updated.

Hello! I am using the latest version off of git. Each turn I get spammed with the error in this screenshot. The game runs fine as far as I can tell. I wish I knew how to turn that error spam off.
Untitled.jpg

my stability collapsing

how can i change ?

i made bigger my civ after war so expansion stability was collasing.

so i gave my cities to other civ.

but my expansion stability is still collasing. minus point :(

even my civ is smaller than before.

Hello! I am using the latest version off of git. Each turn I get spammed with the error in this screenshot. The game runs fine as far as I can tell. I wish I knew how to turn that error spam off.View attachment 458487
Noted, will investigate asap.

Played a game as Iran (actually using the new tech tree, but this is most probably applicable to the old one too), and I noticed that tech speed was too slow so I checked Modifiers.py. I found its research cost modifier to be 90 in the Python file but when I opened up the WB, I discovered that it was set to 130, which was the old Persian modifier. Since I thought not only the research cost modifier was affected but as well as the others in Modifiers.py, I reset all the modifiers in the WB, and everything became fine. I also hypothesize that this problem only occurs with reborn civs (Iran, Mexico, Colombia). But should we really have to do it manually every time? Maybe there lacks something in the rebirth spawn code that updates the modifiers of the player slot they're going to occupy.

i m playing germany

is there anyone who know what s wrong with me ?

my country would divide after several turns :(

what did i wrong ?

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1956-January Turn 1296.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
Played a game as Iran (actually using the new tech tree, but this is most probably applicable to the old one too), and I noticed that tech speed was too slow so I checked Modifiers.py. I found its research cost modifier to be 90 in the Python file but when I opened up the WB, I discovered that it was set to 130, which was the old Persian modifier. Since I thought not only the research cost modifier was affected but as well as the others in Modifiers.py, I reset all the modifiers in the WB, and everything became fine. I also hypothesize that this problem only occurs with reborn civs (Iran, Mexico, Colombia). But should we really have to do it manually every time? Maybe there lacks something in the rebirth spawn code that updates the modifiers of the player slot they're going to occupy.
Thanks for checking. Will give it a look.

Thanks for checking. Will give it a look.

It seems the modifiers aren't updated at the rebirthFirstTurn() funciton of RFC.py. Importing Modifiers.py and adding Modifiers.updateModifiers(iPlayer) somewhere in that functions should do it.

I suspected something like this, really inattentive of me.

I think in Stability.py, line 74:
Code:
data.iHumanStability = calculateStability(utils.getHumanID)
is meant to be
Code:
data.iHumanStability = calculateStability(utils.getHumanID())

Unfortunately, my game for Polynesia (RFC release v1.14) ended in the middle because of CTD. Save just before the crash is attached. I tried to load game at 10 turns before this, but game still crashed every time on the same turn. Please, consider. I do not have Log file unfortunately.

Attachments

• Polinesian DoC v1.14 .CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
I tried installing the most recent released version with the Steam version of BtS. I switched to the original release beta for both Civ4 and BtS in Steam, but I still get this error message:
upload_2016-11-24_9-18-19.png

So what gives? Anything else I should try?

I have an error with the Veritas Delectat mod with DoC.
Certain units seem to have purple itis.
Such as:
Janissaries
Middle Eastern Heavy Horsemen
and a few others in the middle eastern culture group.

I'm also wondering if I should post an issue I'm having with Better Dynamic Names Mod with DoC

I have an error with the Veritas Delectat mod with DoC.
Certain units seem to have purple itis.
Such as:
Janissaries
Middle Eastern Heavy Horsemen
and a few others in the middle eastern culture group.

I'm also wondering if I should post an issue I'm having with Better Dynamic Names Mod with DoC

Aye, I've been also experiencing this problem.

I just installed VD some days ago and actually took a screenshot of the error message I got (I got many similar). It happened with the sassanid (cataphract) heavy cavalry, sturmgeschutz_iii_aus_e, and some others that I didn't write down.

Attachments

• VD Error.png
    VD Error.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 68
I just installed VD some days ago and actually took a screenshot of the error message I got (I got many similar). It happened with the sassanid (cataphract) heavy cavalry, sturmgeschutz_iii_aus_e, and some others that I didn't write down.
This is due to the fact Windows has a tantrum when the file name is too long. This can be fixed by moving your Civ 4 BTS installation.

Top Bottom