Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Are some cities immune to razing for given time?
Playing as Babylon, I tried to raze Shushan (the Independent city that spawns 3R to Babylon) but it stopped when it reached 1pop.
Shushan was in my historical area so I couldn't even release it for recapture.
Only after the Persians had spawned could I raze it by letting them flip and capturing it again.

The save with the indestructible Shushan.

Attachments

• Babylon Shushan.CivBeyondSwordSave
    268.9 KB · Views: 55
When I tried to start a new game as Spain in 600 AD with todays svn, I got the following message and was immidietly defeated:

error in game start event handler bound method CVRFCEventhandler. ongamestart of
<CVRFCEventhandler.CVRFCEventhandler instance at 0x1BE7DF58>

It worked in the second try, but the autoplay was not shown.

3000 BC starts work without problems.:confused:

Civ4ScreenShot0059.JPG

Uralsk is a city on Ural river, we have it here, the one next to Volga, the one called Uralsk on Volga probably should be called Tsaritsin/Stalingrad/Volgograd -- depending on era. Sverdlovsk is a little town, better to have Taganrog, it was the first ever Russian Navy base, and was founded by Peter the Great on 1698.

Last edited:
Yes, I can attest that sometimes it is impossible to raze the city. It gets to size 1 and then stops.

"The city" meaning Shush? Or cities in general?

In general. My Aztecs couldn't raze French Montreal and American Flint. Razed Cities reach pop 1 and start being productive. Basically I think the formula halves city pop every turn. Pop 6, pop 3, 1.5=2, 1, 0.5=1, 0.5=1,....

I know what the formula is, I wrote it.

If someone encounters this again, can you please go back to a previous autosave from before the city is conquered and upload it here? Alternatively, if you have logging enabled, share your sdkDebug file.

There still is a minor issue with the espionage advisor. When you hoover over the cities to select them, a hoover help text box will appear. But as it is only a space, it looks like the hoover text is empty. It would be better if the box just doesn't appear at all if there is no text. But that is currently not possible with the BUG widget help utils.

I do like the relation tooltip when you hoover over the LH of a different civ.

I am aware, but what else can you do? Put the name of the city into the tooltip as well?

If someone encounters this again, can you please go back to a previous autosave from before the city is conquered and upload it here? Alternatively, if you have logging enabled, share your sdkDebug file.

Here we go. Trying to raze Boston so that Canada can finally enjoy having Fredericton (New Brunswick ;) ). After city resistance expire, Boston reduced from 14 to pop 2 still alive and becomes productive. Those Yanks die hard, aren't they....

Attachments

• Trudeau AD-1868 Turn 381.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
I am aware, but what else can you do? Put the name of the city into the tooltip as well?

I am afraid there is no real solution. The only thing I could think of is having "click to select" as text.

That's alright, you can expect the issue to be fixed with the 1.16 release that is coming soon. But if you're interested, there's a guide on how to access the github version in the Welcome to DoC thread.
I'm installing the git now, do i have to delete it once you release 1.16 start working on 1.17 so that i can still beta test the game?

Last edited:
For some reason I can't settle either Saskatoon or Île-à-la-Crosse (1N of highlighted settler). I think it's because of the freshwater city-founding rule, but Saskatoon has a river below it.

Spoiler :

You can only found cities on tundra if it is coastal. Fresh water doesn't allow you to settle on tundra. IIRC that rule was included to prevent Russia to settle useless tundra cities.

There is a separate Git repo for it. But it is only updated when the next release is coming.

Back
Top Bottom