Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Thanks!

Ran into a problem with the second Dutch victory condition. According to the victory screen, I should be about to fulfill the first two conditions, but it only gives me the first. I did lose a colony to France in a recent world congress, not sure if that's relevant, but I took Quelimane, Recife, Rio, & that city in India from Portugal, so the condition should trigger, right?
Hey, the goal is counting the acquired cities correctly (which is why it is marked as successful in the victory screen), it just doesn't properly check. In case you still want to finish that game, here is an otherwise unchanged save with the goal completed.

Attachments

• Willem van Oranje AD-1745 Turn 336.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
can you fix this quitting game? see attach. thanks
It was unfortunately impossible to open that save to even begin debugging it. However, I could advance into next turn from the previous save you have uploaded. So without further information I cannot do more. I have uploaded a save from the next turn in case you want to continue that game.

Attachments

• Isabella AD-1973 Turn 453.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
With the latest Git update I'm getting "???" instead of civilization names when the game asks me if I want to take control of a new civilization. After I end the turn on this save, ??? appears instead of China, and then it happens for every other civilization after so far.

Attachments

• Asoka BC-1225 Turn 65.CivBeyondSwordSave
    302.2 KB · Views: 14
With the latest Git update I'm getting "???" instead of civilization names when the game asks me if I want to take control of a new civilization. After I end the turn on this save, ??? appears instead of China, and then it happens for every other civilization after so far.
Oh, good catch, thanks for reporting to quickly. Fix is coming.

Colombia and Mexico dawn of civilization text have an error. When both civilizations spawns, they gain pikemans, instead of the Albion Legions\Grenadiers that they received before.

Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_5.png Screenshot_6.png

Moors UHV2 and Italy UHV3 have errors. Please let me know if I should upload saves. This is from latest git this week or so.

(Edit: Japan UHV1 culture requirements does not scale for slower game speeds.)

Spoiler Screenshots :

Moors UHV2 Error.png
Italy UHV3 Error.png

Last edited:
Can you be more specific about the issues? I assume for the third Italian goal, the issue is that the goal is completed but not checked as success? What is wrong with the second Moorish goal? Did you built the Mezquita and it is incorrectly marked as failed?

In both cases a save of the situation would be helpful. If my assumption about the Moorish goal is correct, was it checked as completed at some point? Do you know when that changed?

Edit: oh I see now the issue is with the description text, if that is all I can address it without saves.

Hey, sorry to be annoying with another defensive pact question/possible bug.

When one country (Civ A) declares war on another civ (Civ B), B's defensive pact partner (Civ C) declaring war on A causes all of C's defensive pact to cancel, cascading outwards. I know this is supposed to happen if B or its pact members were the aggressors, but A was the initial aggressor. I'll attach a screenshot of the event log listing the first DOW and the pacts canceling, plus some saves !
Spoiler :

upload_2022-2-26_0-50-29.png

Attachments

• Pre-War.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.8 MB · Views: 14
  • After War.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
Thank you! Bug reports are never annoying.

Latest git: Colombia's starting leader is Pacal.

Spanish trading company error: If I found a city atop the Philippine gold tile, Spain never gets trade company conqueror event.
Spoiler MrColombia :
MrColombia.png

Latest git: Colombia's starting leader is Pacal.
Can you tell me which scenario you started from? 3000 BC?

Spanish trading company error: If I found a city atop the Philippine gold tile, Spain never gets trade company conqueror event.
Why do you consider this an error? That's the only city the conqueror event can give them access to.

3000 BC scenario. I was not sure if the Spanish conqueror event was supposed to be like the French, English, or Dutch which have multiple options.

Yeah, Spain is a bit special in that regard. For them, the event is just to establish a colony in the Philippines. So in that sense it doesn't make sense to manually settle there.

To clarify my previous post: if I as Korea, Japan, or China settle atop the gold in the Philippines, Spain does not attack me.

I have seen the absence of some dynamic names to some civilizations that are vassals, like the Inca that after reborn have accepted be vassal of Spain again and the name still "Kingdom of Peru" instead of "Viceroyalty of Peru"
Screenshot_6.png Screenshot_5.png Screenshot_7.png Screenshot_9.png Screenshot_12.png
After Inca/Peru returns, its research is still in the middle ages
Screenshot_1.png

Vienna dynamic name after conquered by the ottomans should be Beç. Viyana is the name of the city in modern turkish, which should appear in modern age if conquered by the turkish. Odessa should be Hocabey to the ottomans.
Screenshot_11.png Screenshot_16.png

In this game, vikings dynamic name is Swedish Empire, but in the reports says that is Denmark
Screenshot_14.png

I have seen the absence of some dynamic names to some civilizations that are vassals, like the Inca that after reborn have accepted be vassal of Spain again and the name still "Kingdom of Peru" instead of "Viceroyalty of Peru"
Are they peace vassals, i.e. not capitulated? Those do not get vassal names.

In this game, vikings dynamic name is Swedish Empire, but in the reports says that is Denmark
What is their capital?

Hey there, I'm reliably getting a crash to desktop within a few turns of this save, and loading earlier saves didn't finish the problem (always crashing around 1973). I was gonna accept it as just a "me problem" but I'll drop a few saves in here just in case. Thanks as always, Leoreth.

Attachments

• Prime Minister Trudeau AD-1973-July Turn 1331.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • Prime Minister Trudeau AD-1973-January Turn 1330.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3 MB · Views: 9
  • Prime Minister Trudeau AD-1970-July Turn 1325.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have fogged vision of southern India during Colombian autoplay (commit a1708d17, 1700AD scenario).
Thought it was a bit odd as it is the player civ's core/spawn area that is usually shown.
Might not be a big issue in the latest commits, since new civs have more areas revealed on their maps.
20220308072855_1.jpg

Top Bottom