Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Getting another python exceptions bug, this time as Japan. Could it be the congress one again?

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1829 Turn 364.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    4 MB · Views: 54
No, it's a bug caused by a recent change I introduced. Will look into it soon.

What is the 'Mexa' that Russia wants to trade?

Not 'Mexa', it is 'Меха' in cyrillic, and it means 'fur'.
Ah, I suspected something like that, but the fact that the rest of the sentence is in English threw me off. Thank you for explaining - and teaching me a new word!

You're right. The fix is in the next commit.

In Holy Rome first UHV if the player loses any of the holy cities after their deadline the condition changes from ✅ to ❌as if the player still needs to have control of the city in order to complete the goal. Saves attached. Just end the turn and see the victory conditions tab.
Screenshot_8,8.png Screenshot_8,7.png
Astrakhan should be Xacitarxan under Mongolian control, since its the Tartar version of the city's name.
Screenshot_8,9.png
Mughal AI is taking too much time to research Firearms. By the turn of the picture, England have already triggered the conqueror event.
Screenshot_9..png
Novokholmogory should change to Arkhangelsk after Russia enters in renaissance age or after Russia changes the dynamic name from Grand Duchy to Tsardom.
Screenshot_9.2.png

Akmol should change to Tselinograd when Russia adopts central planning.
Screenshot_9.6.png

Attachments

• Barbarossa AD-1455 Turn 272 (1ST UHV BUG).CivBeyondSwordSave
    860.3 KB · Views: 6
In Holy Rome first UHV if the player loses any of the holy cities after their deadline the condition changes from ✅ to ❌as if the player still needs to have control of the city in order to complete the goal. Saves attached. Just end the turn and see the victory conditions tab.
The same goes for Egyptian URV if you continue to play after religious victory and conditions about pagan temples and non-religious cities no longer meet.

Hi, in my last game I tried to train Trebuchet so I researched Fortification, when I finished I still could'nt do it, but discovered that Trebuchets are written both in Fortification and both in Machinery, its a duplication as it looks like.
It is phisicaly written on the techs, that they both enable constructing Trebuchets.

Hi, in my last game I tried to train Trebuchet so I researched Fortification, when I finished I still could'nt do it, but discovered that Trebuchets are written both in Fortification and both in Machinery, its a duplication as it looks like.
It is phisicaly written on the techs, that they both enable constructing Trebuchets.
That's just how the Civ4 UI works. When a unit requires two or more techs, all of the techs list that they unlock the unit. You need to check the actual unit to see what techs are needed.
Example from vanilla:
1692765714818.png

1692765749879.png

Exactly, unit tech requirements are never either/or, it is always both/and.

Hello,

I just installed this, and the scenario files aren't showing up when I load the game.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Chris

You start the game using the "Play Now" button in the main menu.

I don't know where else to put this
After trying to reinstall the game, Civ IV is no longer working at all. This is the steam version. Direct X Downloads, Compatibility, changing folder, running as admin are all things I already tried.

I picked a really bad time to notice this given 1.17.1 is bug fixes, but is it a bug that in debug mode, if you go to the tech advisor you cannot switch to another civ's tech tree?

Top Bottom