Bug Reports and Technical Issues

I'll make a note of it but debug mode is debug mode.

I can found a city next to another one for some reason, possibly related to the fact I got Gwadar in a congress.
EDIT: apparently I can found a city next to Qandahar as well, so it's probably unrelated to congresses.

Attachments

• weird.png
    weird.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 101
  • Weird.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
20230915105506_1.jpg

Wierd bug: mongolian trebuchet has persian flag. I noticed in editor and placed spy for a screenshot. Latest installer version with all modules.

Attachments

• Charlemagne AD-1230 Turn 374-bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    971.7 KB · Views: 7
View attachment 672715
Wierd bug: mongolian trebuchet has persian flag. I noticed in editor and placed spy for a screenshot. Latest installer version with all modules.
It's fine when loading the save, it probably only occurs when first encountering the unit, or when it gets flipped.

Using the full instalzation it appears the soundtrack model (or less likely the graphics one) prevents the RFC themes from playing. The menu if you set it to RFC is silent and the autoplay music doesn't play. Minor bug but worth pointing out.

Going as Persia, It looks like the "Historical"/"Contested" areas are mislabeled (eastern Turkey, Israel/Palestine, etc are colored "Historical" but labeled "Contested").

Attachments

• Cyrus BC-0010 Turn 140.CivBeyondSwordSave
    411 KB · Views: 9
  • PersiaBoundaries.png
    PersiaBoundaries.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
Sometimes during congress, the AI asks to found a city that already exists
Screenshot_9.4.png

In this game, the Great Merchant have born with Join City and Discover Tecnology abilities merged. Save attached.
Screenshot_9.9.png

If Kongo adopts Constitution while having Elective, the dynamic name changes to a republican one.
Screenshot_10.5.png Screenshot_10.4.png

This UN resolution does not clarify which civilization can be freed.

Screenshot_10.6.png Screenshot_10.7.png Screenshot_10.8.png

Attachments

• Mehmed II AD-1585 great merchant bug Turn 298.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,017.2 KB · Views: 9
Do you have saves for the congress and UN issues as well?

This isn't a bug report for the current version. As I've mentioned before, I'm teaching a 'History Through Games' class for middle school, and I've assigned Dawn of Civilization 14.4 as one of the games they will play at home. I downloaded and installed the game, and the 3000 BC scenario file runs without issue. However, I get an odd 'unable to read' error when I tried to open the 600 AD scenario file.

Would you be willing to take a look at it, or point me to where I could get a copy of the 600 AD scenario file since the one packaged with 14.4 doesn't seem to work.

Attachments

• RFC 600 AD.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    726.4 KB · Views: 8
When you open the file directly? Or also when you launch the scenario from Play A Scenario?

This is likely in some way related to windows user/directory access permissions. Please make sure that the user running the game has read access on the directory that contains the scenario files.

This is likely in some way related to windows user/directory access permissions. Please make sure that the user running the game has read access on the directory that contains the scenario files.
How would I do that? I installed my version of Civ 4 to a 'C:\Games\' instead of Program Files because I'd heard Program Files sometimes has access issues; what else can I change to make sure I have administrator access? Also, why would the 3000 BC scenario file work when it's in the same folder as the broken 600 AD file?

I don't know. It's usually an issue of the user creating the files vs the user running the game, but without knowing how your OS is set up it's hard to say anything concrete.

Another thing that is worth trying is to check if the scenario file has Linux line separators and convert them to windows. You can do that using Notepad++. There should be a guide for that in this subforum.

The Topkapi Palace WW is not working. Save is set with an army ready to take Baghdad.
I knew I wasn't crazy!

Also let it be known that fix was already made available by Big L. Hows that for turnaround?

The endless refuse-to-talk issue caused by a flip is still on it's way. Let's dig into the code to see why:

The example is Arabia flipping Byzantium cities in 600AD Scenario, which is simple to test and reproduce. According to the code from Rise.py:
if chance(iRefusalModifier):
player(iOwner).AI_changeMemoryCount(self.iPlayer, MemoryTypes.MEMORY_STOPPED_TRADING_RECENT, turns(5 + iRefusalModifier / 10))
Given that Byzantium's iRefusalModifier = 20, it means that there's a 20% chance that Byzantium will refuse to talk to Arabia, in which case 7 MemoryCount is added.

So I assume your intention is that the refuse-to-talk is expected to last for 7 turns, but it's totally not running in that way. According to the dll-code from CvPlayerAI.cpp:
if (GC.getGameINLINE().getSorenRandNum(iMemoryDecayRand, "Memory Decay") == 0)
{
AI_changeMemoryCount(((PlayerTypes)iI), ((MemoryTypes)iJ), bFrenchUP ? -2 : -1);
}
Given that Justinian's iMemoryDecayRand (type = MEMORY_STOPPED_TRADING_RECENT) = 30, it means that for every check, Byzantium has a 1/30 chance to reduce the MemoryCount by 1. To calculate in a simple way, you need 30 * 7 = 210 turns on average to clear up all MemoryCounts and resume contact.

Honestly, I'm not understanding why this rule is introduced, and a simple way to get rid of the issue is to remove the refuse-to-talk-by-flip rule.

Not sure if these are known bugs but would like to share anyway. After switching to a new born civ I noticed 2 bugs:

1. I'm now unable to demand gold from any civ via diplomacy, I can see their gold amount but if I click there nothing happens. The only way to demand gold is to offer a technology, select "what do you offer me" they will offer gold, you then cancel your tech offer and demand their gold. Exiting or loading the game does not fix it.

2. The game will unrecognise all the default options like wait to pass the turn or stack attack. I need to untick it and tick it back to work

Top Bottom