Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, don't you think the problems would have arised in earlier stage of the game? I will try to upgrade my Nvidia drivers over the weekend and see if it helps. However one thing to note is that the bugs may only appear to be related to the diplomacy screen, while they could be actually related to the AI unit movement following the diplomacy screen. Have you seen my bug report #2611? Once I deleted the Shoshone AI units, my CTD by the end of Shoshone diplomacy screen went away.

NeyNey, ForAPrice, AlvinRow and others getting CTDs: Would you please install IGE and try killing all units of the AI civ which seems to cause the crash (you have to switch civ and then there is a button to kill all units of the selected civ)? If it prevents the crash, then I think it will indicate the CTDs are related to the AI unit movement rather than diplomacy/graphic card drivers.

Anyway, can anyone tell me how to activate the Operational AI logging? I cannot find it anywhere.

I didn't know there was a button to delete them all in one go. I was doing them the hard way! Haha

But yes, when I delete the civ in questions units, I can proceed to the next turn.

I tried and it worked for me too.
However, I didn't get CTD even after I reload the game without IGE.
But after clearing cache and moduserdata folders I get CTD back.

For those of you with errors related to diplomacy screen, check your video card drivers. Others have reported that bad drivers (esp. AMD ones) may be at fault.

G

I tried switching between my laptop's integrated Intel HD graphics as well as its Nvidia GT 640M LE and the CTD happens on both setups. Also the crashes don't seem to be exactly predictable/reproducible. I had a save file from 1 turn before the CTD, but I loaded it up and was able to make the trade and continue playing for hours without issue. While on another occasion I crashed twice in a 30 minute span.

Anyhow I've patched up to the latest driver just as a precaution. Once I finish my current game, I'll update the mod to the latest 8/6 version and see if that helps at all too (still running the 8/5 version due to save incompatibility).

--
As for the suggestion that it's related to AI unit movement following the diplo screen, that's certainly a possibility. I've only ever crashed after exiting a diplo screen during AI turn, and I get a brief glimpse of the map again before the game exits out. I don't think I'd be able to get any useful results with the IGE test though, since I can't guarantee the crash will happen on that given turn anyways. I can usually progress if I reload the game and try again. Interestingly I also ran a 596 turn AI-only game and didn't get any crashes there.

My civ (Venice) got we love the king day even though I didn't get the luxury resource (gold). It might have happened because I used a merchant of venice to ally with a city state, but they didn't have gold.

Yes, same thing here, 8-7 seemed to have fixed yesterday's save game CTD, but continuing the game today crashed at some later point during the game, always after pressing "accept", "refuse" or "back" in the diplomacy screen, this time with Japan.

Why don't The Doge Palace (Venetian Capital) not have a Great Art slot?

Playing with 8-7, having a great game with lots of wars and challenge. Unfortunately I get a repeatable CTD during the AI turn #190 right after I refuse or accept peace treaty offered by America. Now the fun part:

1) If I refuse peace from Washington => CTD
2) If I accept peace from Washington => no CTD
3) If I ask for peace before the AI turn and Washington accepts => no CTD in the next turn
4) If I kill all Washington's units with IGE prior to the AI turn => no CTD regardless of my response to a peace deal from Washington

(same setup as before: no EUI, no E&D, no H&P)

Yes, same thing here, 8-7 seemed to have fixed yesterday's save game CTD, but continuing the game today crashed at some later point during the game, always after pressing "accept", "refuse" or "back" in the diplomacy screen, this time with Japan.

Have you tried killing Japan's units with IGE? It should at least let you continue your game (it will cripple Japan badly though)

Playing 8-8 with CP, CBP, C4F, CSD, EUI and Really Advanced Setup.

I keep seeing Celtic pantheons, and I believe the AI are selecting them too.

No idea what's causing this, any clues would be appreciated.

I cleared my cache as well. Would deleting Mod User Data be of any use at all?

Playing 8-8 with CP, CBP, C4F, CSD, EUI and Really Advanced Setup.

I keep seeing Celtic pantheons, and I believe the AI are selecting them too.

No idea what's causing this, any clues would be appreciated.

I cleared my cache as well. Would deleting Mod User Data be of any use at all?

Seeing them where?
G

Hey, so there's a bug with my tech tree display when I'm running the CPB and CP.

Spoiler :
This is with both enabled and no other mods.

Spoiler :
This is with only CP enabled.

I possess all DLC except Polynesia. Suggestions?

edit: Should clarify that it also prevents further tech advancement.

Hey, so there's a bug with my tech tree display when I'm running the CPB and CP.

Spoiler :
This is with both enabled and no other mods.

Spoiler :
This is with only CP enabled.

I possess all DLC except Polynesia. Suggestions?

edit: Should clarify that it also prevents further tech advancement.
You need Polynesia for the CPB.
G

My bad, forgot to paste.

[12544.656] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[12544.656] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[12557.234] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[12557.937] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[12562.828] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[12562.828] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[12564.218] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[12569.531]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 8195240 58476240
PageCache: 7 13
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 7773360 54828648
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 262144
PageCache: 1172
Scratch: 6664

Prepared Statements:
Current: 6
------------------------------
[12570.031]
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 8196416 58476240

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 7774536 54828648

Largest Allocations:

Prepared Statements:

My bad, forgot to paste.

[12544.656] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[12544.656] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[12557.234] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[12557.937] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[12562.828] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[12562.828] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[12564.218] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[12569.531]
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 8195240 58476240

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 7773360 54828648

Largest Allocations:

Prepared Statements:
[12570.031]
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 8196416 58476240

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 7774536 54828648

Largest Allocations:

Prepared Statements:

Doesn't look like you have logging enabled. Enable logging, load the game, and then paste your database.log.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom