Bug Reports

Head Serf

Emperor
If you find any bugs, problems, or things that seem unbalanced with the mod, please post them here. It is also helpful if you state whether or not the bug was found using the most recent version, and if you may have an unusual case that could cause the problem, such as using a mac or windows vista.

Three things i'd like to see changed (including bugs):

- Lithuanian unit voices are totally wrong, u're using Russian voices and it can be taken as offense from Lithuanians (It's never clever to make a nation look like it's past conquerors/invaders).

- Saxony has their names, which should be "Saxon", replaced with error "TXT_..." errors. Not a big bug, but still not very nice to look upon.

- Tech tree is bit messed up some places. Some additional lines to show which tech allows what would do. Otherwise it is not as handy for new player, as it could be.

Three things i'd like to see changed (including bugs):

- Lithuanian unit voices are totally wrong, u're using Russian voices and it can be taken as offense from Lithuanians (It's never clever to make a nation look like it's past conquerors/invaders).

- Saxony has their names, which should be "Saxon", replaced with error "TXT_..." errors. Not a big bug, but still not very nice to look upon.

- Tech tree is bit messed up some places. Some additional lines to show which tech allows what would do. Otherwise it is not as handy for new player, as it could be.

About the Lithuanian unit voices: There is no way we can make the Lithuanian units speak Lithuanian. We felt that Russian would be the closest of the choices (the others are German and whatever the Vikings speak in Warlords). Would one of those two be better?

Thank you for finding the Saxon text error. I've fixed it for the next version.

In what way is the tech tree messed up? It uses the exact same system as normal vanilla civilization (arrows are used for optional techs and symbols in the upper right hand corner for required techs).

In what way is the tech tree messed up? It uses the exact same system as normal vanilla civilization (arrows are used for optional techs and symbols in the upper right hand corner for required techs).
Well, i took a look once more and actually, the problem is just in one place: there is no lines from metal casting to iron tools. It may be a small bug, but yet it angered me, because i try to do perfect research in my games and not noticing ability to research such important tech early on was quite unpleasant discovery later :sad:

bout the Lithuanian unit voices: There is no way we can make the Lithuanian units speak Lithuanian. We felt that Russian would be the closest of the choices (the others are German and whatever the Vikings speak in Warlords). Would one of those two be better?
Viking voices then, i'd say, as such voices would not make any bad resemblances :)

Found another weird thing:

There are 7 "Hansa member" resources in civilopedia though they all look pretty same to me.
Is this done on purpose or is it a bug ? :confused:

Head Serf,

Why was Bilar chosen as Batu Khan's capital? It was the capital of Volga Bulgaria and was sacked by his forces as they moved west but he named his new capital Sarai or Sarai Batu. This was Batu Khan's home base for the Blue Horde which later became the Golden Horde. My source is a book I have on the Mongol Empire.

If Craig_Sutter did the city list, then this question is address to him. :)

@ Broken Hawk
The Tatar city list was written up by hr_oskar, so I can't explain his choices for cities. I looked at the cities and then made that and a few other appropriate changes to the Tatar city list. Unfortunately, it appears that the Tatars founded few cities (correct me if I'm wrong).

@ Crash757
There are supposed to be seven Hansa member resources. It's for the Hanseatic League victory, where acquiring the different resources, albeit with the same name, allows you to build things faster. I've switched the Lithuanian voices from Russian to Viking. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with iron tools - metal casting connection, and that moving it would only make the tech tree more awkward. However, if other people feel the same way, I could change it.

You are correct. But Sarai was one of them and an important one at that. I don't mean to complain, I just want us to be accurate as possible.

I'm really excited about playing this mod, especially with Poland in it, but I must be doing something terribly wrong.

I downloaded 0.56 into my vanilla civ4, seemingly in the right folder (as per modding instructions), but can't get it to work. When I load civ as per usual, I can load the mod (the game restarts), but not much seems to have changed, and the scenarios don't appear in the scenario menu.

If I load directly from the public maps folder, via the medieval map icons, the game starts up, but automatically makes me Saladin, of the Egyptians (!), and then I am defeated in the first turn, and the game is over.

Is this related to the cache (which incidentally I can't find anywhere, even when I reveal all hidden files)?

Any advice?

Boots

Why can you only build 4 Tourneys, yet 7 are required for a Royal Tourney?

Also, it took me a little bit to figure out that you could build a new one in any city and it replaced one somewhere else. But there is no notification of that anywhere. I was building them everywhere and wondering why some cities didn't have them anymore. :-(

I just noticed that the Orthodox Cathedral requires a Catholic Church to build it.

Makes it somewhat difficult to build. :-(

I know I'm being picky.

But, banks and universities require a lot of marketplaces and libraries to build. You have to conquer almost all of the map to build the Medici Bank, and at least half of map for Oxford University.

Perhaps those numbers should be revised downwards?

The chopping forest bug has been around long before I ever got involved with this mod, and I really have no idea how to fix it. I'll still see what I can do though.

I'll make it so that banks only require one marketplace and universities one library. That should significantly reduce the problem.

Can you change the number required for the Medeci Bank and Oxford? To like 4?

Then lower marketplace/library to university/bank conversion to like 3 required for each? That means 12 of each to build the wonder. That guarantees that only a decent civilization can build them.

Is that possible?

Top Bottom