Bug Reports

No, the code isn't public at the moment. It will be available with the first Beta of CCV 3.00 (in ~ two weeks)

hi jdog5000,

i wonder,
why wont the button of rev watch (che gavara) is invisible ?

ive managed to show it, but why have you done it like that?

just a thought.

My bad, a bad merge of various versions of CvMainInterface.py ... will be fixed in 1.62 which will be up tomorrow.

hey again...

i wanted to note!

before you release 1.62,

perhaps you can merge the new bug raw commerence/yeilds system - it really awesome and looks nice,

acctually, i couldnt merge the two together, a particular code from rev prevents that,

so now in order to have both rev + bug 3, i had to take out theeir new raw system...

soooo.....maybe you can help me? or update your rev to the new raw display?...?

ill appriciate anything :)

A very odd bug - every time it comes round for an Apostolic Palace or UN Election, voting happens as normal, and then on the next turn there are no results, just a note in the event log saying 'The election was cancelled'. Oddly, this doesn't happen when electing the Apostolic Palace Head/Secretary-General.

I've been lurking in this forum for a long time, and I just wanted to say thanks for all your work in making and maintaining this great mod. I was introduced to it via the Rise of Mankind add-on, and it's totally rekindled my passion for Civ IV.

I have a small bug (I think), and a search didn't turn up any other mention of it. I understand Revolution gives me an extra Warrior when I "start as minor civs" and it works OK when I start a new game. If I use the "Regenerate Map" function, though, that extra Warrior disappears. If I save the map, then reload, I get the extra Warrior back as if I had started a new game.

I tested it with just your Mod, completely separate from Rise of Mankind. I'm also using a clean install of Civ IV patched to 3.17, with Revolution 1.62. Not a huge problem, and easily worked around, but I thought you might like to know. Thanks!

I don't know if it'll help, but below is the save with the problem mentioned.

Also, I'm unsure if this would have an effect, but this save took place over several versions (i.e. when I started it was with version 1.6, now it's with 1.62, but so far no problems concerning that).

EDIT: After fiddling about with the worldbuilder in a new game, the error seems to have disappeared. Must be something about that save in particular (the multi-version playing?). Could be due to new nations appearing and messing up elections too... Anyways, I'll post if anything else comes up.

EDIT2: After some more checking around, I think the bug was due to a new civ arising between voting starting and ending, and thus putting the election out of sync.

Attachments

• CarthageRev.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
Okay, version 1.62 works much better with the scoreboard. Thanks a lot. :goodjob:

But may I ask you again for some bugfixing? Have a look at the screens. If I point with the mouse over the BTS areas for culture and nationality appears a panel. But those panels look absolutly different from yours. Can you make the panel and font look like the others?

Okay, version 1.62 works much better with the scoreboard. Thanks a lot. :goodjob:

But may I ask you again for some bugfixing? Have a look at the screens. If I point with the mouse over the BTS areas for culture and nationality appears a panel. But those panels look absolutly different from yours. Can you make the panel and font look like the others?

I tried long and hard to make the panels look the same ... if I remember correctly the others are not generated in Python, I think they're generated in the SDK as some kind of a widget mouseover response.

I've been lurking in this forum for a long time, and I just wanted to say thanks for all your work in making and maintaining this great mod. I was introduced to it via the Rise of Mankind add-on, and it's totally rekindled my passion for Civ IV.

I have a small bug (I think), and a search didn't turn up any other mention of it. I understand Revolution gives me an extra Warrior when I "start as minor civs" and it works OK when I start a new game. If I use the "Regenerate Map" function, though, that extra Warrior disappears. If I save the map, then reload, I get the extra Warrior back as if I had started a new game.

I tested it with just your Mod, completely separate from Rise of Mankind. I'm also using a clean install of Civ IV patched to 3.17, with Revolution 1.62. Not a huge problem, and easily worked around, but I thought you might like to know. Thanks!

Welcome out of hiding ;)

I can see exactly how that little bug would occur now that you mention it, it should be easy to fix.

I don't know if it'll help, but below is the save with the problem mentioned.

Also, I'm unsure if this would have an effect, but this save took place over several versions (i.e. when I started it was with version 1.6, now it's with 1.62, but so far no problems concerning that).

EDIT: After fiddling about with the worldbuilder in a new game, the error seems to have disappeared. Must be something about that save in particular (the multi-version playing?). Could be due to new nations appearing and messing up elections too... Anyways, I'll post if anything else comes up.

EDIT2: After some more checking around, I think the bug was due to a new civ arising between voting starting and ending, and thus putting the election out of sync.

Thanks for doing all that digging! It really helps a lot ... I wonder if the same thing happens when a colony forms? Have to try it out.

Yeah I must say an excellent effort Tboy. I wouldn't have thought of a possibility like that.
Cheers.

Recently in a game where the Celts were my vassal, the Germans rose up in rebellion and took a couple of their cities. I sent in my own troops, retook the cities and returned them to the Celts. After I took the last German city, they did not drop off the scoreboard. I entered diplomacy and they capitulated to me. I thought this was odd so I entered debug mode and checked the military advisor screen to see if they had any troops but none showed up and they had no cities.

By the way, glad to see you are still updating the mod. It gets better all the time.

Recently in a game where the Celts were my vassal, the Germans rose up in rebellion and took a couple of their cities. I sent in my own troops, retook the cities and returned them to the Celts. After I took the last German city, they did not drop off the scoreboard. I entered diplomacy and they capitulated to me. I thought this was odd so I entered debug mode and checked the military advisor screen to see if they had any troops but none showed up and they had no cities.

By the way, glad to see you are still updating the mod. It gets better all the time.

Did they eventually disappear from the scoreboard? Usually this means they have just a spy or two remaining which is a temporary condition ... you can always save the game and then switch to controlling the player in question to see exactly what they've got.

Ah they may disappear the next turn. I was just quitting that turn, which is quite difficult anyway, so I didn't want to continue on for "just one more turn". I will let you know if they don't disappear.

There's always a temporary thing - I remember when I conquered the only city of some irritating rebels, they still didn't go. Which makes sense, if you think about it - they've arisen in chaos, and the loss of one city doesn't destroy the rebellious spirit.

Thanks for doing all that digging! It really helps a lot ... I wonder if the same thing happens when a colony forms? Have to try it out.

Glad to be of service.

Colonies probably do it to - since it was a proper message about a canceled election, and not some ugly error, I'm guessing Firaxis realised this could happen. And if they couldn't find a solution, it's going to be a hard job finding one. I'll try a game with colonies as soon as I can, to check it out.

Revolution 1.62 i get this error showing up in CvMainInterface screen this come up in autoplay testing the mod. happens around turns 405 and up turns. if this helps you to check it out

Top Bottom