Bug Reports

Thanks glider1! :) I thought there would be a lot more. I do like the events so its nice to be able to still have them while just getting rid of a few bad apples. I found the airliner crash event annoying anyways...:mad:

Sorry for the n00bish question but how do I remove the specific events? Do I just comment out the entries in the .xml file (can't remember the name off hand) or do I need to edit any of the python files too? I'm playing RevDCM as part of GEM if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Events are a little tricky, what you want to change are the triggers not the events themselves. So, you'd want to edit CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml and find the triggers for the particular event types you want to remove. You can then simply set iPercentGamesActive to 0 for the relevant triggers to turn them off.

Hey jdog, don't mean to pester you, but have you uncovered any info on the critical bug reported a couple posts back?

Totally understandable. And you've been working your butt off on the UP and BBAI aparently. Personally I'm stoked to see the improved BBAI code in action, especially since you've improved the cottage cycling issue, this probably makes the game far more interesting. Looking forward to the next RevDCM release, it looks like a big one. Anyway I just like getting feedback on critical bugs, because they are critical issues.

Reported in the LoR bug reports thread here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8353832&postcount=233

In my recent and very long game (still version 0.9.5), the very powerful Celts made a Permanent Alliance with the weak Chinese. Now, I had pooled a lot of espionage points against the Celts, about 70.000, but only 8.000 against China. As they formed their alliance, my EPs were suddenly bumped back to roughly 8.000 for BOTH nations. Has this bug been observed before?

I'm wondering if this is a bug introduced in BtS through the 3.19 patch, something in the UP, BBAI, or Revolutions :hmm:

Either way it's obviously not intended behavior and figured it needed to be reported. I have asked them to post a save from before and after, but no response thus far.

I am completely unable to change leader or civ. The others work, but these two do not. I checked in the revolution.ini file and it is enabled, but it still does not work. Why is this and how can I fix it?

Looks like you have to enter the cheat code in My Games\BTS\CivilizationIV.ini. Search for CheatCode and set it to:

CheatCode = chipotle

Sorry for the hidden nature of that, will make the documentation more clear.

Reported in the LoR bug reports thread here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8353832&postcount=233

I'm wondering if this is a bug introduced in BtS through the 3.19 patch, something in the UP, BBAI, or Revolutions :hmm:

Either way it's obviously not intended behavior and figured it needed to be reported. I have asked them to post a save from before and after, but no response thus far.

Odds are this has been in BTS from the beginning ... taking a quick look at CvTeam::addTeam (this is what happens when a permanent alliance forms, one team is merged into another), the espionage points of the merged team are set properly but there's no mention of other team's espionage points against the merged team.

This is not shocking ... new features added in the last expansion pack not properly handled in code which only runs with non-default options. I fixed another bug with no tech brokering and permanent alliances earlier :crazyeye:

Hey,

I am mostly new to mods but have played this one for about a week now and I really like it. It is great in many ways and I am not going back to standard BTS. There are a few things though that I would be glad if someone could help me with, maybe they are not bugs exactly, but strange changes that I don't really see any reason for.

First of all, the resource icons look horrible, and I really don't see why. Now I'm not very good at programming, so if anyone could point me to the file in the mod responsible for this I would be happy to remove it...

Secondly, I seem to have somehow destroyed the Revolution Watch Advisor Screen, first the Cheats tab disappeared and now all that remains is "Culture Buildings" or something... I have tried to build it up again manually but it just gets worse. The empire-wide info too has disappeared. Is there no way to restore it to default?

Also I don't understand why the civic screen has become larger, it is unpractical and it looks bad. I managed to fix this by removing the file CvCivicsScreen.py, but all the same, this seems like an unnecessary change in layout...

But overall the mod is very nice, thank you mod-makers!

/zuzim

@Zuzim
Head out to the RevolutionDCM forum and there you will find some help, either by searching for these exact issues that others have had too, or just repost your questions again there. This forum is more for concrete bugs in the code that need fixing.
Cheers.

OK sorry, I just didn't care to start a new thread. But I think I found the files I was looking for anyway.

Cheers

For some reason, ctrl-shift-P and ctrl-shift-L don't work for me at all. I looked through the forums and I'm not quite sure what the problem is. I just downloaded the newest version of the mod, and this is the first time I have had trouble with the command key shortcuts.

Sorry if this was brought up before - I just really don't know what is going wrong.

No fine risen-chud. I don't remember anyone talking about this problem before. Can you get the bug interface up with ctrl-alt-o? When a game starts the popup lists a set of key sequences. Try them all and report back. Make sure you are patched to 3.19.
Cheers.

risen-chud you need to enable cheat mode in the main BtS ini in order to switch players as it's a cheatmode function.

To enable cheat mode, in the main BtS ini file change this line:
cheatmode= 0
to
cheatmode = chipotle

Sometimes during a game, a foreign civ changes leaders. For instance, Germany could start up with Bismarck, and due to political unrest or whatever, Hitler would assume his place. In the regular game, this is all good and well, but in scenarios, Hitler would still be called "Bismarck", although Hitler's leaderhead shows up.

Now, the question is, how do we fix this for scenarios? I've checked the LoR-compatible Lean's Pre Placed Earth scenario file, and it has the following info for civs:

BeginPlayer
Team=20
LeaderType=LEADER_GENGHIS_KHAN
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_GENGHIS_KHAN
CivDesc=Mongolian Tribe

The "TXT_KEY_LEADER_GENGHIS_KHAN" used to be only the name, "Genghis Khan" in earlier world builder files, indicating a set leadername for the particular civ. However, with Revolutions, leaders change habitually, so the TXT_KEY_LEADER parameter should probably mean that the leadername is NOT set and will change if the leader is replaced, right?

Unfortunately not. I tried using the TXT_KEY_LEADER in my own scenario file, and it still doesn't affect leader names for civilizations preset in the scenario file. Civs having spawned during play act like in the regular game, their leaders change properly.

Any idea how to set up the world builder scenario file so that leadernames are just as dynamic as leaderheads?

Sometimes during a game, a foreign civ changes leaders. For instance, Germany could start up with Bismarck, and due to political unrest or whatever, Hitler would assume his place. In the regular game, this is all good and well, but in scenarios, Hitler would still be called "Bismarck", although Hitler's leaderhead shows up.

Now, the question is, how do we fix this for scenarios? I've checked the LoR-compatible Lean's Pre Placed Earth scenario file, and it has the following info for civs:

BeginPlayer
Team=20
LeaderType=LEADER_GENGHIS_KHAN
CivDesc=Mongolian Tribe

The "TXT_KEY_LEADER_GENGHIS_KHAN" used to be only the name, "Genghis Khan" in earlier world builder files, indicating a set leadername for the particular civ. However, with Revolutions, leaders change habitually, so the TXT_KEY_LEADER parameter should probably mean that the leadername is NOT set and will change if the leader is replaced, right?

Unfortunately not. I tried using the TXT_KEY_LEADER in my own scenario file, and it still doesn't affect leader names for civilizations preset in the scenario file. Civs having spawned during play act like in the regular game, their leaders change properly.

Any idea how to set up the world builder scenario file so that leadernames are just as dynamic as leaderheads?

Yes, the names will work dynamically if you remove:

from the scenario file. This forces the game to go find the names from XML, which it will update when leaders change.

Top Bottom