[BUG] : uranium ressource and nuclear weapons

c0rwyn

Chieftain
I've noticed that if you've stacked up some nukes as part of the deterrence theory, well you might as well forget about it straight away:
all it takes is for you to lose your access to uranium and magically your nukes disappear... No worries I thought, I'll go and rebuild the mine on my uranium fields and they will come back... yeah right... that did not happen either...

I think this is a terrible terrible bug as it really cuts the whole purpose of deterrence... It's easy to exploit this bug: just destroy the uranium fields of your enemy and you've earn a good solid 20 turns of riposte free nuking...
If the real world was implemented by those monkeys at Firaxis we would not be here today to play this sh*t game :D

What's the rationale behind this "feature"?

What's the rationale behind this "feature"?

I'm guessing it's declined as follow:
If you've no uranium, or are behind in tech that allows you not to take a severe bashing... just have some paratrooper or even scout to go onto the uranium and destroy the mines...

Still I think it's utter bollocks... As if it was that simple to reduce the amount of nukes. The Russians and Americans would have done just that rather than going into a stupid arm race!

It makes sense for razing a city to release all surrounding tiles that are owned by the city but releasing tiles owned by another player does sound like a bug and not a feature. It sounds like the programmer assumed that once a city was placed it would always own the surronding tiles and doesn't start checking for ownership until he gets outside of the adjacent 6 tiles. If it is a feature it is a really senseless one. If it is a bug it should be pretty easy to fix.

It makes sense for razing a city to release all surrounding tiles that are owned by the city but releasing tiles owned by another player does sound like a bug and not a feature. It sounds like the programmer assumed that once a city was placed it would always own the surronding tiles and doesn't start checking for ownership until he gets outside of the adjacent 6 tiles. If it is a feature it is a really senseless one. If it is a bug it should be pretty easy to fix.

I think releasing resources tiles is well done for most of the resources... if you ain't having enough iron for your swordmen you'll get a penalty when fighting but your swordmen won't disappear...

Question: Does disappearing-upon-losing-uranium happen for both atomic bombs and nuclear missiles, or only for nuclear missiles but not atomic bombs?

I think the player shouldn't be allowed to produce nuclear weapons as soon as he lose access to sources of uranium. But the weapons should not disappear, that doesn't make any sense at all.

If one player has nukes and the other doesn't, then it's his problem, after all. Like IRL, he's going to have to trade uranium in the market, so that he too can build nukes.

As of now [ i know it's 3 years later, but still I came by this topic during some google search and was terrified that my beloved game can be this stupid] everything works just fine. If you build atomic bombs or nuclear missiles and then loose access to uranium, you go to negative values of it but your bombs/missiles are all right and ready to use. Disclaimer - i checked it using Brave New World expansion.

Top Bottom