Building Defence bonuses problem

Romualdas

Chieftain
Hi everybody!

Does anyone knows what's up with
Bombard Defence and Defence Bonus of city improvements in 1.21f?

If I put some non thero (1-1000) value in any of this graphs building became unavailable in building list after town reaches level 2...
It seems like after putting this values building determined like city walls, that became useless after city reaches second level...

I have only wish to ceate Fortress installation and spent a day already trying to find what's wrong...

In 1.17 it's working, but in 1.21 I cant find any dependance...

EdwinG69

Chieftain
I guess this is a bug in v1.21f. (Maybe, I have had trouble differentiating bugs and features in this game.:rolleyes: ) I added a defense bonus to police stations and the same thing happened to me. I wasn't able to build a police station in any of my cities or metros. Only in my little towns. Luckily, the police stations didn't go away when they reached the higher levels, they just won't show up on the build list after level 2. I hope Firaxis fixes this.

Ed O'War

King
The reason this happens is that cities above population 6 (size levels 2 and 3) lose the defensive bonus of walls. Size level 2 cities gain their own inherent defensive bonus equal to walls (50%), and size level 3 cities gain a defensive bonus of 75 or 100% (I think). The wall doesn't disappear, you just can't build new walls in cities with population size 7 or above. So, any building with a ground defense bonus is probably hardcoded to do the same thing.

EdwinG69

Chieftain
So maybe I should give Police Stations(or whatever) a defense of 105% if I want them to stay on the build list no matter what size the city is. Will that work? I'll give it a try when I have time, I guess.:confused:

cracker

Gil Favor's Sidekick
This is not a bug, but another undocumented hardcoded feature.

Any building that gives an added defensive bonus to units in the city is hard coded for that benefit to apply before the city gets to pop 7. If you give a defensive bonus of 500% it will just evaporate from the city defense formula and be subsitituted by the 50% City defense bonus for pop 7 to 12.

The code is also hardcode to suppress the construction availability of any improvement that confers a defensive bonus once you cross the pop 7 boundary because the limited view of the game says that none of these improvements can be of any value above pop 7.

Top Bottom