Building idea

Grillick

Prince
In one of my history classes the other day, the lecture was about Chacoan civilization in what is now the Southwestern United States. Chacoan civilization had an interesting method of resource management that I think would be a lot of fun in Civilization generally, but in FfH specifically, because I don't really play any other Civ.

This method of resource management would be represented by the following building:

Great House
Tech Requirement: Exploration
Building Prerequisiste: Granary or Smokehouse (1 Great House per 2 growth buildings in empire)
Effect: All surplus food is delivered into a common stockpile. This stock is used first to settle food deficits of cities with Great Houses, then any remaining stock is divided evenly among the cities with Great Houses, rounding up any fractions.

This building represents a system of resource management (in this case, food) that distributes both the burdens and the benefits of cycles of production over the whole empire (or at least the whole empire which is connected to this network). When times are good, everyone benefits, but when times are poor, everyone bears the weight of it.

I'm not sure if this should be a civ-specific building, and if so which civ (or civs) should be able to build it, but I think it's an interesting mechanic, and if it can be implemented, would be something I would like to see.

Could be an interesting idea for making the Malakim able to settle deserts (though you would need a couple cities with a lot of food to support them still). Not that there aren't already 20 billion ideas floated for them ;)

Nifty system, especially since they wouldn't have much for food preservation. Small empire?

i liked the system they had back in civ 1 where you could build a caravan that could act as a food trade route between cities. basically you build it in a city with a lot of food, and could have it move one food to another city.

Top Bottom