Building Maintenance?

JonBrave

Chieftain
Great! So I read here, one post says you pay maintenence for buildings, another says (unlike CivIII) you don't....

If I build a building in a city (let's say, a barracks):
  • Do I pay a direct gold maintence fee for the building?
  • Do I pay an indirect fee, like, the city gets "fatter" from buildings and starts to cost more to run?

As far as I know, there is no building maintenance fees at all. It is the cities that cost maintenance, the cost being determined by total number of cities as well as distance of a particular city from the capitol.

No and No - with the exception of corporations, if you want concider those buildings.

Mouseover the city maintenance to see what you are paying for. (city size (population), distance to palace, total numer of cities, colony fees, corporations)

Wow, OK, thanks! This is a bit different, I think...

So the only arguable indirect cost is, because pop does count toward maintenance, if I build a temple happy face might allow city grow and that ultimately costs a fraction...

I think maintenance goes up with population, so adding something that grows pop causes indirect maintenance. Generally though extra pop within cities more than pay for themselves...kind of necessary to encourage growing them!

No buildings cause maintenance directly.

Top Bottom