Building quests

Are they global or per building?

Global. I took the culture bonus as supremacy. I moused over the culture number on the top bar shortly after getting the quest and it said "XXX from Cities, 11 from other sources." I was at affinity 11. Later in the game, when my affinity was up to 18, it said "XXX from Cities, 18 from other sources." By that point I had built additional Hypercores.

New BE player here.

Has anyone played taking the obviously poorer choices? If so, did it effect the story line or the subsequent quests?

There is actually a lot of interesting writing in those boxes. But none of it seems to be actually relevant to the game play. I wish they called the building perks choices something other than “quests”. The game has some actual quests. Deciding between a poor buff and a decent buff is not the least bit interesting, and distracts from the actual quests. OTOH, a player selecting the obviously weaker choice might be a way to handicap MP games!

I agree with everyone else that the choices are usually quite unbalanced. But how about the one for Thorium Reactor? The Creative Spark gives the choice between +2 energy or +1 production. I have been picking +1 production.

EDIT: Gian Well get the same choice (Nature’s Potential).

Last edited:
Top Bottom