Buildings File

Requies

Prince
This work is based a lot off of Stuporstar's great work.

I've made some changes where I found the information was slightly incorrect.

But anyways, it uses a modified version of Stuporstar's categories for each worksheet:
1) Science
2) Commerce/Gold
3) Growth/Health
4) Culture/Happiness
5) Production
6) Military
7) Religion
8) Other
9) Projects
10) Listings (listing of buildings based on how much culture it provides, and GL points it provides)
11) Speed (listing of buildings based on what resource it gets double speed production from)

I guess I could have posted this a while back, but I was planning on putting this out in a suite of Excel files which contain information about cIV. But what with playing Civ, modding the Domestic Advisor and RL, I don't know when I'll get around to the other categories, so here's the first installment.

Req

Attachments

• Buildings (xls).zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,165
Great stuff Requies! I'm still looking through it to find out where to fix my own guide. It hasn't been updated in a long time. :D

Stuporstar said:
Great stuff Requies! I'm still looking through it to find out where to fix my own guide. It hasn't been updated in a long time. :D

Heh, well one oversight (which ahem, I didn't find until recently myself) is that the Space Elevator is a Great Scientist GPP source instead of Great Engineer.

BTW, updated my file so that the 1.09 changes are in it (basically space components).

Req

Where's the file? I clicked on the link in your sig, but it just led me back here again.

I am impressed. Very nice work, just downloaded it. I like the "speed" part of it. I would not put jail and Mt. Rushmore in military, though.

Very good work. Research in Civ 4 has to be focused on certain goals and this is very helpful in determining just where to spend your research money.

Requies, thanks for the file. I noticed that sheet 3 has a typo. The "Growth/Health Buildings" sheet says "+1 happy from Banana, Spices, Sugar, Wine" for Grocer. I could be mistaken, but I thought it was supposed to be "+1 health".

Thanks again for your contributions to the community and the forum! I'm looking forward to trying the new prophets mod. ;)

fightcancer said:
Requies, thanks for the file. I noticed that sheet 3 has a typo. The "Growth/Health Buildings" sheet says "+1 happy from Banana, Spices, Sugar, Wine" for Grocer. I could be mistaken, but I thought it was supposed to be "+1 health".

Thanks again for your contributions to the community and the forum! I'm looking forward to trying the new prophets mod. ;)

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

Updated the file with a couple of minor changes/fixes. I don't believe 1.52 changed any building costs, but I could be wrong about that....

It's available for download in the OP.

Req

To be really nitpicky, you didnt note that obelisk is made obsolete by calendar (though you did note that for stonehenge).

Also, buildings like library, temple, etc which increase culture werent included in Culture / Happniess buildings, not sure if this is intended or not. I definatly think that temple should be, as it increases culture and happiness (even if it means having it under culture / happiness and religion)

Fianlly (3rd edit), for the speed section, you could also include what buildings get 2x speed for the relelvent leader traits

That aside, great job!

Zibby said:
To be really nitpicky, you didnt note that obelisk is made obsolete by calendar (though you did note that for stonehenge).

Nitpicky is good! :lol:. Nice catch. Will change it.

Zibby said:
Also, buildings like library, temple, etc which increase culture werent included in Culture / Happniess buildings, not sure if this is intended or not. I definatly think that temple should be, as it increases culture and happiness (even if it means having it under culture / happiness and religion)

Buildings which have a PRIMARY purpose besides being culture buildings were not included in the Culture/Happiness buildings tabs. That would require a LOT of duplication which is unnecessary because you can see which buildings provide culture in the listings tabs.

That's also the reason for separating out the religion buildings (even though they ARE culture/happiness like you noted), because it was a easily dividable category and I would assume that people knew that RELIGION buildings are basically CULTURE AND HAPPINESS buildings (well, except for Monasteries).... Maybe not the best assumption, but....

Zibby said:
Fianlly (3rd edit), for the speed section, you could also include what buildings get 2x speed for the relelvent leader traits

That aside, great job!

Heh, I was thinking about that when I made some changes, but didn't act on it. Ok, it'll be in the next version.

BTW, you misspelled finally :lol:.

Req

Requies said:
That's also the reason for separating out the religion buildings (even though they ARE culture/happiness like you noted), because it was a easily dividable category and I would assume that people knew that RELIGION buildings are basically CULTURE AND HAPPINESS buildings (well, except for Monasteries).... Maybe not the best assumption, but....

Hmmm, ok, thinking about this a little longer, it might be best to add temples and cathedrals to CULTURE/HAPPINESS..... Since I already added Monasteries to SCIENCE....

Req

Requies said:
Hmmm, ok, thinking about this a little longer, it might be best to add temples and cathedrals to CULTURE/HAPPINESS..... Since I already added Monasteries to SCIENCE....

Req

Ok, made the changes and added The Spiral Minaret to the COMMERCE/GOLD tab.

Req

Top Bottom